What's new

BREAKING NEWS: Benazir Bhutto assassinated

Well i guess it doesnt matter if she died due to shot or lever or blast. what matters is the fact that she is no more and the assassin has succeeded. One thing is not understandable for me that is when there were such grave threats on her life why there was not enough security? when that shooter targetted her why he was not stopped?

Well i guess it doesnt matter if she died due to shot or lever or blast. what matters is the fact that she is no more and the assassin has succeeded. One thing is not understandable for me that is when there were such grave threats on her life why there was not enough security? when that shooter targetted her why he was not stopped?

Didn't BB insist that her inner cordon would be composed of her own "Jiyala's", as was the case at the Karachi rally? If so, whose fault is it that the shooter was not stopped?

The strongest evidence for the GoP's version are the X-Ray's, and perhaps your background can help here Energon - is there a chance that X-Rays would not show the damage from a bullet wound or a bullet or piece of shrapnel lodged in her head?

If the GoP wanted to cover up anything it wouldn't matter how BB died. So the accusations of a "cover up" just because there is a difference over the "cause of death" does not make sense. Ineptitude perhaps.

Agnostic,

The issue is important since the AQ tactics is suicide bombing and not shooting.

Therefore, it gives the angle that some other organisation could have been at work!

This puts a lot of speculation and all sorts of theories!

Whatever be the case, the govt's stand and the videos showing the shooting has added to the mystery.

Indeed, if there was no bullet wound, then why was not the autopsy done, when everyone, including the govt knew that there would be a whole lot of conspiracy theories abound.

Autopsy cloud on police

Islamabad, Dec. 30 (PTI): The decision not to conduct an autopsy on Benazir Bhutto’s body was taken by the Rawalpindi police chief even though a medico-legal report based on a mandatory post-mortem is a must in a murder case under Pakistani law.

“Even if the family of a murder victim refuses to allow the autopsy, no investigation can be completed if doctors do not perform the autopsy and conclusively find the cause of death,” said Athar Minallah, a lawyer and member of the board of Rawalpindi General Hospital where Bhutto was taken.

He said doctors who treated Bhutto had told him they wanted to conduct the autopsy but the Rawalpindi police chief had not agreed to this.

“The doctors were worried that their initial report, which did not determine the definite cause of death, is being politically twisted,” he told The News.

Minallah’s statement is contrary to interior ministry spokesman Javed Iqbal Cheema’s, who had said the autopsy was not done at the request of Bhutto’s husband Asif Ali Zardari.
The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | International | Autopsy cloud on police

It is also interesting that Zardari did not want an autopsy when:

“Even if the family of a murder victim refuses to allow the autopsy, no investigation can be completed if doctors do not perform the autopsy and conclusively find the cause of death,” said Athar Minallah, a lawyer and member of the board of Rawalpindi General Hospital where Bhutto was taken.

Interwsting is also this:

Sunday,30 December 2007 18:16 hrs IST
Bhutto 'blocked from hiring foreign guards'

Manorama Online Home

By blocking private security, it becomes incumbent to provide adequate security and hence more ammunition for the Bhutto camp and greater becomes the mystery or so it appears.

Therefore, indeed Bhutto wanted her own security personnel around her, possibly suspecting that "rogue elements" may also be in the security provided by the govt, whom she did not trust.

And adding to all this is Sherry Rehman claiming that when she washed the body for the burial, she found a bullet wound.

That is exactly my question that if there were her 'jiyala's' arnd her wht were they doing? and when government announced tight security why didnt they turn up?

I believe this one.... Surely this guy shot her and it shows that he was a very very well trained person since he only shot her in seconds when she was starting to sit inside the Armoured car after waving to her supporters. But the jerking effect from 2 meters or so is evident and from this range... the bullet must have exited from the other side.

Shows 3 Analysis ........... As per the my opinion:

1. BB killed by agencies --- If pakistani agencies then must have created a chaos among US think tanks and policy makers for Pakistan -- GOOD THING

2. BB killed by AQ elements ---- In this case seems less likely, since the assasination of this type is not their skill.

3. BB killed by CIA or others to destablize Pakistan ---- Seems less likely as US and the West created BB again in 2006/2007 to get their objectives which Musharaf was not letting them.

I though the government said that she did not have a gun shot wound only a skull fracture by a lever attached to the sunroof assembly she hit when ducking down.

How she died does make a big difference as far as the martyrdom scale is concerned. Getting shot or blown up by a suicide bomber certainly gets the victim a lot more points than hitting her head on an inanimate object.

When did the government say that? Can you show me some links?

Even if they did, it was probably in the very aftermath of the killing when everybody was still confused as to what had happened.

But I've not heard anybody saying that there were no bullet marks.

The GoP said there was no bullet marks. She disspeared in to the car, before the explosion and hard to beleive the shrapnel theory.

Link?

Also, watch the video I posted (I'm saying this for the 10th time) in which a Pakistani interior ministry official is seen describing what is going on in the video, and he clearly elaborates on the 3 shots being fired.

And once again, when the bomb exploded, Bhuttos SUV window may have shattered, causing external objects to be hurtled in all directions.

Agnostic,

The issue is important since the AQ tactics is suicide bombing and not shooting.

Therefore, it gives the angle that some other organisation could have been at work!

This puts a lot of speculation and all sorts of theories!

Whatever be the case, the govt's stand and the videos showing the shooting has added to the mystery.

AQ tacticts are suicide bombing but it's quite clear this time they wanted to make sure Bhutto would not survive. They tried the suicide bombing in October, and failed. They realized this was going to be a smaller rally. They wanted to make sure she would die. So they employed a man to shoot at her, and then the suicide bomber blew himself up just for double measure. Just because a gun was used doesn't mean it cannot be Al-Qaida :disagree:

Watch the video I posted. "The governments video" is the same video you've seen on CNN and elsewhere. Please elaborate what you mean by "govts videos".

Indeed, if there was no bullet wound, then why was not the autopsy done, when everyone, including the govt knew that there would be a whole lot of conspiracy theories abound.

On Zardari's request, an autopsy was not carried out.

Well after watching that CNN video myself, the theory that she may have died from the suicide bombing has been debunked.

A coward dies many times before his death but a valiant never dies but once."

May the almighty bless us with the strength and understanding to stop this chaos and act and pray as humans

I m at Shahrah-e-faisal at the moment and violence started in many parts of the Karachi city

I m at Shahrah-e-faisal at the moment and violence started in many parts of the Karachi city

It seems that all the markets were closed little before and as per my info, mob is making people close everything and Army and Rangers are no were to be seen................ Whats happening is ironical.

Where is the Rangers and Army?

the killing when everybody was still confused as to what had happened.

But I've not heard anybody saying that there were no bullet marks.

Read Daily Times and the links I have posted, where Brig Cheema said that she died of shrapnel wound and Daily Times brought out the statement that there was no wounds and she died because she hit the latch!

Also, watch the video I posted (I'm saying this for the 10th time) in which a Pakistani interior ministry official is seen describing what is going on in the video, and he clearly elaborates on the 3 shots being fired.

If that is the case, then there is confusion galore and change of views all the time.

Watch the video I posted. "The governments video" is the same video you've seen on CNN and elsewhere. Please elaborate what you mean by "govts videos".

Read the post without jumping to your own conclusion as to what I have posted. Let auto suggestions not take a grip of you.

The words are "govt stand and the videos".

It obviously does not mean govt videos.

On Zardari's request, an autopsy was not carried out.

Notwithstanding, the law takes a different view or so the new report I appended said.

Back
Top Bottom