What's new

BREAKING: Manchester Arena blast - Several dead after explosion at concert

None of this would have happened had we not invaded Iraq illegally. See the Chilcot report, 2016....
Big elephant in the room many refuse to even consider....

Yes mate, it is an elephant. I doubt that none of it would have happened if we had not gone along with the GWOT. Chilcot got to the facts, but not to the prosecutions.

Yes it is true that whatever the cause of mid east problems, UK using a mother of all bombs is not a solution, and our PM is not that stupid. (possibly unlike a certain president)

The terrorist means of communication via the internet goes both ways. For our friends in Pakistan, the more we share information the stronger our two countries become, and the threat to both countries lessens. In UK we have lots in common with Pakistan.

Will intelligence leaks sink US-UK relationship?
anthonyzurcher.png

Anthony ZurcherNorth America reporter
  • 25 May 2017
_96211612_gettyimages-633265658.jpg

Image copyright GETTY IMAGES
On Wednesday morning, British Home Secretary Amber Rudd issued a stern rebuke to the US government for leaking the name of the suspect in the Manchester bombing to American news outlets before UK authorities were prepared to make it public.

She might as well have been shaking her fist at a cloud, for all the good it did.

By Wednesday evening, not only had the US media divulged more details of the investigation - information on Salman Abedi's family and his international travels - the New York Times printed close-up photographs of fragments of the Manchester bomb and the apparent tattered remains of the backpack that held it.

British officials have gone from irritated to furious, and Manchester police began withholding further details of the attack from US intelligence out of concern that the leaks are tipping off suspects and impeding its investigation.

The porous nature of the US government - its inability to protect sensitive information - may come as a shock to the international community, but in the US it's just another day at the proverbial office.

p053yd5y.jpg

Media caption Lewis Lukens says he doesn't know where the leaks are coming from
During the 2016 campaign, the FBI leaked a crescendo of damaging details about its investigation into Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton in the days leading up to the presidential election. Since then, the intelligence community has been a sieve of unflattering information about President Donald Trump, including sharing embarrassing accounts of his interaction with foreign leaders and the communications of his advisers.

Although it was overshadowed by the nature of the revelations, the fact that the contents of intercepted phone conversations between Trump adviser Michael Flynn and a Russian ambassador made the front page of the New York Times was an extraordinary violation of surveillance protocols.

Then there are the leaks that have originated within the Trump administration itself, as rival factions share pointed details about the internal machinations of the White House in a scramble to gain favour with the president. And while not technically a leak, the (leaked) news that Mr Trump himself revealed sensitive information to a Russian delegation in the Oval Office reportedly given to the US by Israeli intelligence has contributed to the growing sense that the US government is dysfunctional, at best.

Until recently it was a condition Americans had largely kept to themselves. Now US allies are part of the game.

_95167713_image1.png

Get news from the BBC in your inbox, each weekday morning

_95214429_image2.png

All this comes as the Trump administration is pressing for increased co-operation between the US and European allies, including the UK, to counter extremist violence and combat the so-called Islamic State. That includes a recently announced Nato plan to create a new intelligence-sharing division and an anti-terrorism "fusion cell".

For the moment all the parties who are talking - on and off the record - say that this episode won't affect US efforts to foster greater international collaboration or threaten the US-UK "special relationship".

Mr Trump, in a statement released to the media, called the leaks "deeply troubling" and re-emphasised the strength of the US-UK alliance.

"There is no relationship we cherish more than the special relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom," he said.

Follow Anthony Zurcher on Twitter.

The thing about leaks is they're usually put out for a reason. The ongoing feud between Mr Trump and the intelligence community helps explain why US media have had a string of explosive stories about Mr Trump and the Russian investigation over the past few weeks. It's easy to see who profits and suffers from whatever bits of White House palace intrigue splash across the front pages on a near daily basis.

The Manchester leaks, however, are a bit more difficult to peg. Who, exactly, benefits? Some of the leaks have been attributed to "intelligence sources" others to "police officials", which doesn't narrow things down much.

The leaks are certainly an embarrassment for the Trump administration, making his team appear unable to run a tight ship at a time when he's taking his first turn on the world stage.

On the other hand, this will bolster the president's efforts to paint the leaks that have bedevilled his White House as a threat to national security, hindering the US ability to fight militant extremists. Mr Trump has complained that the intelligence community hasn't taken the onslaught of leaks seriously over the past few months. Perhaps it will now.

"These leaks have been going on for a long time, and my administration will get to the bottom of this," Mr Trump said in his statement. "I am asking the Department of Justice and other relevant agencies to launch a complete review of this matter, and if appropriate, the culprit should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."
p04p58k1.jpg

Media caption Donald Trump has been critical of other damaging leaks
There may be someone in the US government who thinks these revelations could pressure the UK to take more aggressive steps of its own to address what Mr Trump in the past has termed "radical Islamic terrorism".

Then there's the possibility that the leaks are merely one person's attempt to gain favour with a reporter or burnish his or her reputation as a knowledgeable insider.

If there's one lesson to be learned from the past year, it's there is often no need to look for complex explanations when simple individual pride or incompetence fits the bill.

Whatever the explanation, officials in both the UK and the US say the Manchester leaks are going to stop.

UK officials said on Thursday evening they had resumed sharing information with the US after receiving "fresh assurances" from across the Atlantic.

The question is what happens the next time. And the time after that.

"At the moment we have a US administration and US intelligence agencies all leaking like sieves, so I'm afraid this is the reason why this has happened," says former UK ambassador to the US Christopher Meyer. "Will it destroy our close co-operation with the Americans? Of course not, because if it didn't exist it would have to be invented. But this is a serious knock. It is a serious dent."

Intelligence sharing, British Prime Minister Theresa May said, is built on trust. Trust typically doesn't vanish in an instant, it erodes slowly, imperceptibly. And then it's gone.

Trump is stupid to permit this. Idiotic and damaging. Ultimately these leaks are up to him.

Yes mate, it is an elephant. I doubt that none of it would have happened if we had not gone along with the GWOT. Chilcot got to the facts, but not to the prosecutions.

Yes it is true that whatever the cause of mid east problems, UK using a mother of all bombs is not a solution, and our PM is not that stupid. (possibly unlike a certain president)

The terrorist means of communication via the internet goes both ways. For our friends in Pakistan, the more we share information the stronger our two countries become, and the threat to both countries lessens. In UK we have lots in common with Pakistan.

Sad as it may be the UK cannot completely protect itself from these types of attacks - it can only minimise them.

Almost certainly these attacks would never have happened if the UK did not get itself involved in immoral wars in the ME over the last 20 years.

The politicians who caused these wars care more for their political careers than say 50 UK citizens blown up every decade or so.

There needs to be a full withdrawal from the UN convention on refugees immediately. Many who claim persecution in their home countries are actually being persecuted for a very good reason. If Salman's father and the rest of the "Libyan Islamic Fighting Group" had been allowed to "disappear" in one of Gadaffi's secret prisons it would have saved a lot of trouble. I believe John McCain's friend Belhaj is actually running large parts of Tripoli at the moment with money from Qatar.

Last edited:
Putin: New World Order Are In Final Stages Of Their European Masterplan

May 25, 2017 Baxter Dmitry News, World 57
Putin-european-new-world-order-plan-678x381.jpg

As European nations mourn their dead and prepare for the next wave of “imminent” terror attacks, President Putin warns that the New World Order are in the final stages of their “70 year master plan for Europe“, and the process will only speed up from here.

The New World Order put hornet nests in your countries,” Putin told a Kremlin tour group. “And now they are poking them.”

With France in a state of emergency, the United Kingdom under martial law with thousands of troops patrolling the streets, and Germany and Sweden suffering migrant-related breakdowns of law and order, it is hard to argue with Putin.

The New World Order’s plan to fill Western nations with radical Islamic immigrants – against the will of the citizens of these countries – and then unleash hell on earth by “poking them“, has been achieved.

Putin believes that the open border policies forced on European nations must be rejected if the continent is to have any chance of a peaceful future.

My European brothers and sisters must reject the globalist open border policies being pushed onto them by the elite.”

There is no place for sovereign nations in the globalists’ vision of the future, according to Putin. And the Russian president pointed the finger of blame directly at the Rothschilds and their cabal of international elites.

The Rothschild-cabal have infiltrated your government, your media, your banking institutions. They are no longer content with committing atrocities in the Middle East, they are now doing it on their own soil, desperate to complete the plan for a one world government, world army, complete with a world central bank.

“They think they can do this by terrorising you into submission. Scaring you into accepting whatever new laws they will put in place to protect you.”

Putin issued a call to arms, urging Europeans to reject the siren call of the globalists and their death cult.
They [Europeans] must rise up against their masters, who have long since stopped serving the people, and demand their voices are heard.

The governments of the west are no longer hiding their true intentions. You can see the horror that lies beneath their mask. Keep your eyes on them. Don’t fall for their tricks.

Russia will not stand by and allow its European cousins to be slaughtered and dehumanised like this. The battle is over. The war has begun. Truth and justice will prevail.
http://yournewswire.com/putin-new-world-order-final-masterplan/

Jesus christ this motherfucker used his student loan to fund his terrorism. My student loan on the other hand was rejected on the grounds of not being a British citizen although I was accepted to King's College and has been living there for 4 years. I can never understand muslims in the west. This dude was around my age and had all the tools to lead a successful life, opportunities that I wish I had and yet he chose to be a total retard and throw it all away. muslims are responsible for their misery. No one else.

Jesus christ this motherfucker used his student loan to fund his terrorism. My student loan on the other hand was rejected on the grounds of not being a British citizen although I was accepted to King's College and has been living there for 4 years. I can never understand muslims in the west. This dude was around my age and had all the tools to lead a successful life, opportunities that I wish I had and yet he chose to be a total retard and throw it all away. muslims are responsible for their misery. No one else.

What the f@#k are you talking about? Why paint all muslims with your dumb *** brush? This was one guy. There are over 1.5 BILLION muslims. There have been many violent acts commited by muslim individuals over the last decade. Maybe 100? Run the numbers man. How many murders, rapes, robberies, thefts, etc have been commited by members of other faiths. Not all high profile like violent acts perpertrated by muslims. Or for that matter the hundreds of thousands that have died by the hands of western and western proxied military action. Are those muslim lives cheap?

There are bad people in every group. To blame Islam is an artificially manufactured intellectually dishonest position created by certain groups for their own agenda.

There needs to be a full withdrawal from the UN convention on refugees immediately. Many who claim persecution in their home countries are actually being persecuted for a very good reason. If Salman's father and the rest of the "Libyan Islamic Fighting Group" had been allowed to "disappear" in one of Gadaffi's secret prisons it would have saved a lot of trouble. I believe John McCain's friend Belhaj is actually running large parts of Tripoli at the moment with money from Qatar.
Agree. However, that will never happen for obviously reasons. Even if our PM was to do that, the public outcry both from the public,our NGOs,human rights campaigners, and far left groups(led by Corbyn) will be the first to condemn and protest about such a move saying how evil and heartless the government is to allow "persecuted/oppressed" people from the middle East,Africa,south Asia to perish under dictators/oppressive governments.

So what you said will never happen, better forget about that.lol

The middle East is a quagmire as I said before. Make peace and ally with dictators like Toby Blair did with Gaddafi and you will be criticise by both sides as supporting brutal tyrant in oppressing/killing their people just for "oil", oppose these tyrants/dictators then you will be condemn for imperialism and trying to destabilise Muslim/developing countries. Lol

So you are DAMNED if you do DAMNED if you don't. So in this situation, the best situation is to adopt the Syrian model and don't get involved directly against these tyrants.

Agree. However, that will never happen for obviously reasons. Even if our PM was to do that, the public outcry both from the public,our NGOs,human rights campaigners, and far left groups(led by Corbyn) will be the first to condemn and protest about such a move saying how evil and heartless the government is to allow "persecuted/oppressed" people from the middle East,Africa,south Asia to perish under dictators/oppressive governments.

So what you said will never happen, better forget about that.lol

The middle East is a quagmire as I said before. Make peace and ally with dictators like Toby Blair did with Gaddafi and you will be criticise by both sides as supporting brutal tyrant in oppressing/killing their people just for "oil", oppose these tyrants/dictators then you will be condemn for imperialism and trying to destabilise Muslim/developing countries. Lol

So you are DAMNED if you do DAMNED if you don't. So in this situation, the best situation is to adopt the Syrian model and don't get involved directly against these tyrants.
I agree with most of what you're saying but "adopt the Syrian model"? Are you serious?

Not-so-silent Muslims
The world stands united in its condemnation of terror. REUTERS

We need to be rational and valiant in the face of terror
Born a Muslim and practicing the religion of Islam, I did not find myself in the least offended at Piers Morgan’s comments in his Good Morning Britain interview on the tragic Manchester terror attack, nor his words in the subsequent article he wrote for the Daily Mail in its defense.

The crux of his argument being that we, Muslims, ought to step up our game in rooting out the evil of terrorism.

Far from being offensive, I merely found his words naïve at best.

Though it is not hard to see where such sentiments are coming from. Like him, and any other human possessing a shred of human decency, I too find myself in a mess of emotions contemplating the death of the eight-year-old Saffie Rose Roussos, who was among the victims of this senseless act of carnage seen in Manchester.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of the tragedy, as hollow and empty my words may sound. Given such emotions, I do understand the need to jump to conclusions.

But like my fellow Muslims — generously called “moderate” (thank you broad-minded and unbiased media, I guess?), to distinguish us from the extremist lot — I feel it’s hard to justify such sentiments. Because the God under whose name such horrendous acts are being carried out shares nothing with the God my brothers and sisters in faith and I worship save for the name: Allah.

The vocal minority
Let it be known that we are not passive in our feeling of solidarity. Our condemnation is loud and unambiguous. Or so demonstrated Heraa Hashimi, a 19-year-old American Muslim student, as she compiled a 712-page list of Muslims speaking out against extremism.

Now, her original Google spreadsheet takes the form of an interactive website that goes by the name of muslimcondemn.com. Also, it’s worth to remember how 120 prominent Muslim scholars from across the globe have already released and signed an 18-page open letter, in Arabic at that, steeped heavily in the nitty-gritties of Islamic theology to expose the madness of ideologues, to denounce Daesh back in 2014 (I refuse to call them Islamic State for they neither are Islamic nor a state, and to call them such would only further embolden their agenda).

What of Zeeshan ul-hassan Usmani, the prominent Muslim scientist who dedicated the resources of his big data company PredictifyMe to run information analyses to revel trends and patterns among the typical Daesh recruit to help counter-terrorism efforts?

And what about Mohammed Saeed, the very imam at the local mosque which the Manchester bomber Salman Abedi attended, who at a sermon chastising terror and murder under guise of Islamic motives or political causes?

Yet Piers Morgan claimed, in his own words: “I can’t do that. No young impressionable Muslim is going to give a stuff what I, a middle-class, middle-aged white guy, has to say about their religion.

But they might care what fellow Muslims who live around them say about Islam if an alternative view is expressed with enough conviction.”

Clearly someone has not been keeping up with all that’s been going around.

What we ought to be, after the anger has passed, having wiped away our tears and whispered our prayers, is to be the precise antithesis to the cowardly terrorist scum

Raised flags, lowered expectations
Elsewhere Morgan claims: “But I refuse to believe this disgusting excuse for a human being never gave a single clue to anyone around him that he was becoming radicalised.”

Except the community did report, on five separate occasions at least, as per a Telegraph article, to authorities on the Manchester bomber’s troubling behaviour and the home secretary of UK conceded that the young man was known to intelligent services.

With investigations still being carried out, exactly why the authorities did not act on the red flags raised is still to be made clear. The truth is, the remarkable way the Muslim community acted on Salman Abedi’s act of terror cannot be hailed as an example of how Muslim community should act. It is rare for prospective terrorists to exhibit the telltale signs of radicalisation anyway.

You do not have to take it from me, biased as I might be. But do take note of the MI5. In a sophisticated analysis based on hundreds of case studies in regards to British terror activities, they conclude that there is no single pathway to violent extremism, nor do British terrorists fit any remarkable demographic profile and are indeed a collection of diverse individuals.

So what are we to report on? Raising an alarm on account of any disturbing behaviour will surely raise false flags more often than not, and to say nothing of the mindset of paranoia that it will induce in communities.

Hence, Piers Morgan, and those of similar views do not come out as begotten or racist in the least, just outright lazy, naïve, and impractical. Piers does conclude his piece and says: “Be very … angry.”

Are we to conclude that anger alone will suffice? Will it invoke the dead back to life? Heal the traumatised survivors and their loved ones? Halt the reprehensible perverts and their disgusting acts of violence?
No.
What we ought to be, after the anger has passed, having wiped away our tears and whispered our prayers, is to be the precise antithesis to the cowardly terrorist scum, hating and deluded as they are.
We have to be: Valiant. Loving. Rational.

Syed Raiyan Nuri Reza is a freelance contributor. He writes from Tehran.

http://www.dhakatribune.com/opinion/op-ed/2017/05/27/not-silent-muslims/

I'm not a fan of this picture. Whether there is truth to it or not is a matter of debate.

However the problem of terrorism that is tied to Islam is independent of the previous discussion, or at least should be. If you have some understanding of the religion of Islam, clearly terrorism and the killing of innocent humans is forbidden. A lot of these people commiting these acts either have rudimentary knowledge of islam, or have criminal histories or tendencies, or are filled with anger for one reason or another. None of these things justify the killing of innocent people.

What we have is an interplay between individual and personal demons, anger at perceived or real injustices against muslims in the world, a lack of knowldege of the religion itself among many who commit these acts, as well as manipulation by those who feed upon these individuals to carry out these acts. There exists this false arguement that Islam is somehow the problem. And this is a manufactured arguement created by some for their own political and religious agendas. The truth is, Islam is NOT the problem. The problem is the muslims commiting these heinous acts are not truly following Islam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom