What's new

Breaking: Asad Umar axed!

The only person who is more capable and better choice than asad umar(that i know of) is probably ishrat hussain but he was already part of the team so why remove asad umar to begin with?

Who also is reformer and probably well respwcted by the establishment too

IMF's guy for finance ministry what a shame
Pakistani people will remember asad umar and general ayub words beggers cant be choser

Blame the 30 years of our love with corruption , sharif & bhutto.

Well, I am disappointed and sad. Asad Umar always showed himself to be a very sincere, honest, eloquent and humble person. And I thought, with the upcoming IMF loan, things were going to take turn for the better. So close to stabilizing the economy and yet leave now?

It's the rot in Pakistan's system, since 1989, which is the culprit, barring the 8-10 years under Musharraf. In a country where food and labor is very cheap--and, YES, food is very cheap in Pakistan--people complain about food insecurity. Pakistanis (and probably most of South Asians) live in strange ways: Lavish weddings, uncountable religious events and their expenses, non-stop Paan Chaliya, fancy cars, buying iPhones in front of capable Huawai...

As Ayaz Amir once said after this govt took power: "This is not some revolutionary govt like that of the Lenin or Mao who made the real hard decisions. Or even ZAB who cleansed the civil and military entrenched groups after taking power in 1971...".

Imran Khan should have stayed with Asad Umar and Imran Khan should have made a grand appeal to all Pakistanis after coming to power to shun all unnecessary expenses, work in schemes like FDR did via The New Deal. In short, being a revolutionary in an evolutionary system!

Imran Khan should have stayed with Asad Umar and Imran Khan should have made a grand appeal to all Pakistanis after coming to power to shun all unnecessary expenses, work in schemes like FDR did via The New Deal. In short, being a revolutionary in an evolutionary system!
The mahathir way...but a nation that doesn't work to produce nor innovate can't be expected to know the meaning of sacrifices and giving for a better future

The only person who is more capable and better choice than asad umar(that i know of) is probably ishrat hussain but he was already part of the team so why remove asad umar to begin with?

Who also is reformer and probably well respwcted by the establishment too

Pakistani people will remember asad umar and general ayub words beggers cant be choser

Blame the 30 years of our love with corruption , sharif & bhutto.

Its my assessment, IMF is behind the replacement of Asad Umer with their man Hafeez Sheikh - Rauf Klasra

Pakistan military removed asad umar. He didn't resigned. Bearucracy establishment military won. Goodluck Pakistan.

The mahathir way...but a nation that doesn't work to produce nor innovate can't be expected to know the meaning of sacrifices and giving for a better future

The beggar mentality--and sorry to use that word--is probably all over the sub-continent. Stupid people breed like flies. I know it may sound like I am some Marie Antoinette but I am upset about the mentality there. Always asking for money. Even so-called middle class people. They can't part with their cars, their servants, their mindless expenses on unending SOUL-LESS religious events, the weddings... They think of us overseas Pakistanis as made out of gold. Ask us for this or that. Again and again and again. Generations after generations!

In my own family such things persist. When I ask what is better: Stretching your hand in front of others or not sacrificing a goat when you can't afford it? The answer is: Oh, even poor people sacrifice goats during Bakra Eid. So no shame in begging there.

The beggar mentality--and sorry to use that word--is probably all over the sub-continent. Stupid people breed like flies. I know it may sound like I am some Marie Antoinette but I am upset about the mentality there. Always asking for money. Even so-called middle class people. They can't part with their cars, their servants, their mindless expenses on unending SOUL-LESS religious events, the weddings... They think of us overseas Pakistanis as made out of gold. Ask us for this or that. Again and again and again. Generations after generations!

In my own family such things persist. When I ask what is better: Stretching your hand in front of others or not sacrificing a goat when you can't afford it? The answer is: Oh, even poor people sacrifice goats during Bakra Eid. So no shame in begging there.
Yea....I know and fully understand this log kiya kehain gay mentality it is sickening

Bhai we plan and Allah plan and Allah is the best planner so no need to worry.Allah must have think some good finance minister for Pakistan.
Allah helps those who help themselves....If you are sitting and waiting for man-o-salma it ain't coming. ...pray, but also make an effort

Do you mean to say this government is not making efforts ? Well I don't think so.Imran himself visited few countries and collected aid.He is at least honest.Asad Umar tried but people of Pakistan is not ready for reform.
didn't say IK not making efforts just our populace refuses to see them so I have to remind ...

All Assad Umar did for the last eight-months was tell bongiyan at the expense of Pakistan economy.

He should be sent to prison for negligence.
Agreed , He don't have any short medium and long term micro and macro economic plans to stabilize economy .

A third world country like we have in subcontinent cannot survive until and unless reforms are made.we had similar kind of issues in India and people were not ready for change.Government and private employees were paying tax as they did not have a choice to evade it.Now after GST was introduced businessmen also have to pay taxes.They are not happy with it as their profit margin has reduced but others are happy because it is necessary for the growth of the country.People of Pakistan will have to understand it too.
Forget tax ... you cant even collect utility bills properly that shows up as lossses in Pakistan. One of the so called “tough” and “back breaking harsh” condition being imposed by IMF is to bring these losses to zero by collecting all the bills!!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom