What's new

Boy's severed arm saved by efforts of many in Xinjiang

Ah yes he clarified by saying they were "voluntary" vocational centers.

:omghaha:
How much do you really know Xinjiang?

Uyghur student in US tells how much Americans know Uyghur and Xinjiang

Uyghur student in US tells how much Americans know Uyghur and Xinjiang. "I m a Uyghur, not Vegan". also in the video some photos of people from various ethnic groups in XInjiang are presented to fellow students in US asking them to guess the nationalities from these photos.

How much do you really know Xinjiang?

Uyghur student in US tells how much Americans know Uyghur and Xinjiang

Uyghur student in US tells how much Americans know Uyghur and Xinjiang. "I m a Uyghur, not Vegan". also in the video some photos of people from various ethnic groups in XInjiang are presented to fellow students in US asking them to guess the nationalities from these photos.

Don't try and sugarcoat things..

Nobody believes China's BS about "voluntary" vocational camps.

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Voluntary or not, why did you lie and claim that no western reporters in Xinjiang?

Why do you think there are Western reporters freely moving about in Xinjiang???

Please show me some footage of the Western press reporting from outside a voluntary vocational center...or anywhere outside some Urumqi tourism area.

Last edited:
Why do you think there are Western reporters freely moving about in Xinjiang???

Please show me some footage of the Western press reporting from outside a voluntary vocational center...or anywhere outside some tourism area.
But why do you claim that western reporters are not there in Xinjiang so they can't report anything positive about Xinjiang? do you mean that their job is only trying to find negative stuff to report in XInjiang?

But why do you claim that western reporters are not there in Xinjiang so they can't report anything positive about Xinjiang? do you mean that their job is only trying to find negative stuff to report in XInjiang?

an example (remember there is supposedly nothing to hide yet the local authorities are watching reporters very very closely):

"...Both of the times we went there we arrived at the airport, we had a welcoming committee from the local authorities. They’re always very polite and professional. They say that “you’ve arrived in Xinjiang and we’re here to assist you in your reporting. Tell us what you’re working on so we can help you.” They offer us drives in their car and plenty of hospitality. Basically, from the moment we arrive, we’re followed by at least one car. There are a bunch of interesting scenarios that we came across. You can see that the local handlers are trying hard to be professional. They are members of the propaganda department, so they’re PR professionals. They don’t want to make it appear like it’s so stifling. At one point, we were taking photos and someone suddenly appeared on the scene to say he was a “concerned citizen.” He said he’d seen us taking photos and that it was an infringement of his privacy rights. He had this long monologue about privacy rights and about how it wasn’t right for us to take photos of him without his knowledge. We asked him, “Well, where are you in these photos?” and he’d go through all of them. He said we had to delete all of them. He’d say, “This is my brother,” or “This is my place of work, you have to delete it.” They had all of these interesting tactics to work around the idea that they were trying to obstruct our reporting and make it appear that someone who claims to be a concerned citizen..."

Last edited:
Can't report it if international reporters can't be there to cover it.
Why do you claim that western reporters are not there in Xinjiang so they can't report anything positive about Xinjiang? do you mean that their job is only trying to find negative stuff to report in XInjiang?

There are tons of good development stories about Xinjiang and Tibet, do you see any western media reporting them?

It also shows that hospitals in small villages and towns in southern Xinjiang are still not capable of performing complex surgeries and operations, this needs to be improved. Urumqi's hospitals and medical professionals are among the top class in the world.
that is the case everywhere in the world , here in City of Tehran, the capital of Iran with hundred of hospitals , the ones that are capable of doing such operation can be count by fingers . but yes i agree that have to go 1400km to reach a hospital that is able to perform such operations made a large room for improvement .
I don't knew about how in China the country divide to provinces but if yo divide very large provinces to some smaller ones won't it help development and access to the services for remote places.
the problem is how hard you try the bulk of the investment go to centers , by doing so instead of one center you'll have 2-5 center with proper facilities also there is another problem about population density different between east and west of China , this also can help in that regard . people go to every where there is development or potential for it and that move increase the potential for development in those area and make them more appealing for the people to migrate to

I don't knew about how in China the country divide to provinces but if yo divide very large provinces to some smaller ones won't it help development and access to the services for remote places.
Xinjiang is 1.66 million square kilometers, it's China's biggest province, The area of Xinjiang amounts to 3 Frances, 5 Germanys, 7 UKs, 17 S.Koreas, the little boy got hurt in a remote village in southern Xinjiang, he was sent to Xinjiang's provincial capital Urumqi, which is over 1,400 kilometers away in northern Xinjiang.

Last edited:
Xinjiang is 1.56 million square kilometers, it's China's biggest province, the little boy got hurt in a remote village in southern Xinjiang, he was sent to Xinjiang's provincial capital Urumqi, which is over 1,400 kilometers away in northern Xinjiang.

why not divide the province in 2 or 3 smaller province ? we did that to our biggest province ? that province is as big as Mongolia, trying to manage it as a single province is like trying to manage 19th biggest country in the world without dividing it into several provinces

why not divide the province in 2 or 3 smaller province ? we did that to our biggest province ? that province is as big as Mongolia, trying to manage it as a single province is like trying to manage 19th biggest country in the world without dividing it into several provinces
Borders of Xinjiang, Tibet and Inner Mongolia provinces are based on ethnic groups who live on those lands

Borders of Xinjiang, Tibet and Inner Mongolia provinces are based on ethnic groups who live on those lands
Well kings knew best for their countries
but, well i believe base anything on ethnicity and it bring you problem .

I do not believe having ethnic autonomous areas is the correct path. It's a failed system borrowed directly from the USSR. Administrative units should be standardized as national -> province -> city -> district/county. Any ethnic autonomous regions should not be larger than county size.

Back
Top Bottom