What's new

Boost Economic ties, develop infrastructur for Northeast Indians: Gen. VK Singh :)

About NE m not very optimistic , never underestimate the stupidity and arrogance of our people.It will be interesting see what VK Singh does in the region..
Look on the brighter side, bhai. At least someone at his level is actually doing something about it. The best part is we have one Assamese and one Arunachali MP working at ministerial level actively with the Prime Minister. This restructuring itself is a big big change which means they are at least serious.
My friends though it seems all well and good that Govt has put V.K. Singh in charge of NE and hope he brings development.
But I'll be honest and tell you something.
The fact that there is an Assamese and Arunachali MP working at ministerial level will bring a change is misplaced. I have seen tens of thousands of crores being given to North East politicians in one scheme or another and seen them loot it all.

We think corruption in UP and Bihar is bad. Let me give you a relevation here, North East is worse than UP and Bihar in corruption. Its just that politicians in UP and Bihar also bring lawlessness which NE politicians tend to avoid(partly so that NE remains off the national media radar and less questions are asked about the region). NE politicians have been amassing wealth in the name of development and not done anything. Tens of thousands of crores!

I hold the population there - both people and politicians - as 90% responsible for the under-development there. Because the people keep voting for them knowing that their money is being stolen and not raise their voice against it as hard as they could have.

I can only hope that V.K Singh and Modi will both not let it happen again. Its just a mild hope and only because these two gentlemen will be personally responsible. I really hold no high hopes that the politicians and people of NE will change their attitudes towards corruption anytime soon.

My friends though it seems all well and good that Govt has put V.K. Singh in charge of NE and hope he brings development.
But I'll be honest and tell you something.
The fact that there is an Assamese and Arunachali MP working at ministerial level will bring a change is misplaced. I have seen tens of thousands of crores being given to North East politicians in one scheme or another and seen them loot it all.

We think corruption in UP and Bihar is bad. Let me give you a relevation here, North East is worse than UP and Bihar in corruption. Its just that politicians in UP and Bihar also bring lawlessness which NE politicians tend to avoid(partly so that NE remains off the national media radar and less questions are asked about the region). NE politicians have been amassing wealth in the name of development and not done anything. Tens of thousands of crores!

I hold the population there - both people and politicians - as 90% responsible for the under-development there. Because the people keep voting for them knowing that their money is being stolen and not raise their voice against it as hard as they could have.

I can only hope that V.K Singh and Modi will both not let it happen again. Its just a mild hope and only because these two gentlemen will be personally responsible. I really hold no high hopes that the politicians and people of NE will change their attitudes towards corruption anytime soon.

Thanks ,that's exactly i wanted to say ..People know it ,yet they keep voting them in the state assembly .. Some nice guy coming in the center will not help unless people here at the ground are willing to work to bring change and i don't see it happening.
I hate to say this but we are heading toward one big disappointment as far as development in NE(especially Assam) is concerned.. .

The immense hope that is vested in Modi is so apparent from this thread. Thank God he is performing as expected if not beyond.

Also, had a dinner double date with my mate who's working at Morgan Stanley. Internally they're looking at 7%+ growth rates in India THIS YEAR! SOLELY because of Modi's decision in the first week of power.

Also, had a dinner double date with my mate who's working at Morgan Stanley. Internally they're looking at 7%+ growth rates in India THIS YEAR! SOLELY because of Modi's decision in the first week of power.
Really?? :cheesy::cheesy:

Going from 5% last year to 7%?! Seems too good to be true.

What are they projecting for the nest 5 years then?

;)
hope you scored.

It makes sense. Our gov't really shut down with the indecision. India's growth is not impressive because for me, its just the tip of the iceberg. All these stupid laws, no vision, red tape, corruption has showed that we can achieve 5% with all this holding us back. Just imagine what effective goverance can do for us? Wonders! My only worry is UP. SP and their supporters seems to be f-king retarded party. People should expose Yadav and his son.....again another classic failing example of family politics. I hate that shit.

I made the best progress of my life in my sadhe saati. Saadhe saati is not the year of hardship. that is a misconception , It is the years of justice. of course it t urns into hardship for most.;);)
That depends bro, as i said not everyone has the same configuration, if saturn is the benefactor in that kundli then obviously he won't harm much.What i said was generalized view of sade sathi,the ones who make good progress have many other planet configurations and factors involved. :D

Look on the brighter side, bhai. At least someone at his level is actually doing something about it. The best part is we have one Assamese and one Arunachali MP working at ministerial level actively with the Prime Minister. This restructuring itself is a big big change which means they are at least serious.

But yes, what I am worried about is the pesky separatists like Isak Muivah and NSCM apart from the whole slew of other small bandit-wannabe terrorists.

Infrastructure can only come if there is safety. Although AFSPA in Manipur is not the solution, but we will need more ruthless monitoring and spying there to destroy their network. Job creation cannot happen in an environment of terror and sabotage.

Well written. :D

Although I don't think that we will be toppling the dollar anytime soon.

Russians are looking for a common Eurasian Union currency.

They won't be pleased with managing three currencies for BRICS, their own and Eurasian Union.

But what we can do is to start trading in each others' currencies and value them equally: the 1 of each of the currencies should be equal to all others eg. 1 South African Rand should be equal to 1 Ruble, 1 Rupee, 1 Renmibi and 1 Real.
I know it will be some time before dollar is toppled,but i see panic in American Think-tanks as they are fast losing their dominant role and they are worried about it.The withdrawal of Afghanisthan is one such effect.
What India needs to do is keep its focus only on development for next 10 years and nothing else.
Yes trading in each others currencies is a start once things improve and if all parties agree they can have a common currency.
We also need to have a alternate to IMF/NATO/WORLD BANK which West used to bully developing countries and especially asian countries.That role can be played by BRICS bank.

The immense hope that is vested in Modi is so apparent from this thread. Thank God he is performing as expected if not beyond.

7+% doesn't look realistic .
The growth will definitely pick up ...but not that fast .
just last quarter it was 4.5% ...and you expect it to hit 7+% ?

Modi is not a superman !!!

we should desist from turning him into a demigod !

US has it's own fears of India joining the russia,china (RIC) club and fears their developments, if BRICS were to have a common currency it would mean bye bye for USD$.The US think tanks got their analysis of India wrong, they thought UPA3 would be reality and they might snatch victory or deny BJP power again.What they didn't know was how to gauge and make a psychological profile of a person called Modi.As they had loads of experience with Nehruvian,Anglophile Lutyens coterie, but with A hindi speaking, Son of the soil, who proudly declares "I am a Hindu and a Nationalist" Could not fit their predetermined and all figured out psychological profiles they were so used to interacting with Lutyens(Infact IF they ran those psychological profiles as a identification program on Computer they would find hits, just like a fingerprint and crime record database scan) Expect Huge grants for South east asian studes on Hinduism, and many Indology studies in coming years from west as they will try to bring more experts and students to study Desi mind,That is where our Unemployed Lutyens Coterie and Left wing Intellectuals will be going, to become spokespersons of Hindus.We must strike them down at every turn and encourage our own with studies in Vedas,culture and critical thinking to answer and rebutt them like Shri Adi Sankarcharya did with debate during his time.
Last time ABV pulled wool over USA in 90's by exploding Nukes and then announce to the world, I remember those days how pissed West was(They couldn't fathom how a third world country could conceal their Nuke project against our sophisticated satellites and CIA) ,later they dumped sanctions by truckloads on us.But hey here we are.
Time for Modi to play his cards close to his chest, If he reveals card of Look East early,USA will try a Ukraine on us, they already tried the Arab spring using AAP, it failed miserably,thanks to Indian voters. and Modis appeal. rallying all hindus as one,.India always gives surprises, which none predicted.

USSR thought they made a communist dictatorial nation during emergency with Indira Gandhi as Dictator,what happened was opposite.Such is this land,whenever someone tries to harm it much,it hits back overwhelmingly.

As said in Bhagawad Gita
"yada yada hi dharmasya
glanir bhavati bharata
abhyutthanam adharmasya
tadatmanam srjamy aham "

"Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion--at that time I descend Myself". :D

What modi needs to do is weather this storm in coming years,as per astrology(believe it or not don't care)he is into sade sathi 7 1/2 yrs of saturn(shani) influence and in 2 and half yrs it will be in his janam rashi which is the worst period of his time,That is the time you can expect congress to manufacture riots or other things to bring down NDA or some external influence destabilizing the nation.Don't know namo's exact details but in general for Vrischik rashi it's bad time now.I know this because i'm not a astrologer but because of my brother who is same as Namo .ALL ScorpioS bad time.:D

So now Modi is incarnation of Lord Krishna ???

I just hope fellow Indians don't get blinded by Modi's fantastic victory and start worshipping him ....

He is human being after all ...with his own limitation , imperfections and fallacies and frailties ...

Let him do hos job ....ad let us wait for outcomes .

Last edited:

I just hope fellow Indians don't get blinded by Modi's fantastic victory and start worshipping him ....

He is human being after all ...with his own limitation , imperfections and fallacies and frailties ...

Where did i say he was Incarnation of Lord Krishna?
I only said give him his term and let him achieve his objectives and he will then congress will be decimated.

Pardon me I should have clarified, the final quarter of FY 2014-15 should hit 7%.

That being said, publicly they've stated a 6.5% growth rate for India this year 2014-15.

@Abingdonboy

Didn't ask, but I'm sure it'll be good.

Why's that so unbelievable though? 1% of growth is caught up in stalled infra projects, the other 1% could simply be improvements in governance and improved market sentiment.

If they manage to pass GST reform in the states, that's another 1.5%.

;)
hope you scored.

I haven't played ball in a while, so no, didn't score :P

But I'll be honest and tell you something. The fact that there is an Assamese and Arunachali MP working at ministerial level will bring a change is misplaced. I have seen tens of thousands of crores being given to North East politicians in one scheme or another and seen them loot it all.

I agree with what you are saying. Assam under Gogoi has seem some of the most miserable times ever in the state's history. I am also aware of the way in which politicians here say 'all is well' to the centre and siphon off the funds.

But that doesn't mean that we can lose hope. I am agreeing totally with what @zootinali bhai has to say as I see it myself in the region when I visit other states in NE. But without hope there can be nothing said about the future and we might as well commit harakiri.

If you remember, Vajpayee ji tried to push through for development of roads and strategic infrastructure in northeast in 2003, but Sonia and her bandwagon ruined it all.

The point is, we have to stay optimistic and pray that Gen. VK Singh, Sarbananda Sonowal and Kiren Rijiju can push through the black wall of corruption and bring some accountability and development. The way it seems, Modi may as well have given a final mandate to these guys and told them to do whatever they wish to get it done.

Like you said, most of the NE folks continue to dump their votes on these scumbags. Then it is the responsibility of us who are ware of the true picture to spread the message across with multiple means. The way UPites this time had the sense to vote for a work-oriented PM, let us bring that change in our states.

Because without forcing the change of opinion, nothing will come out. It took decades of misrule in UP to wake the UPites up only in 2014. Imagine what has to be done here in the 7 sister states. Everyone is fed up of Congress and local regional wannabe parties but still vote for them. Thankfully my state doesn't have this kind of problem to such an extent.

Where did i say he was Incarnation of Lord Krishna?
I only said give him his term and let him achieve his objectives and he will then congress will be decimated.

well you did not say it in exactly those words ....but then you quoted Bhagwadgita verse to make it look like so ...

People of India has given him resounding mandate ...if he is denied the term for whatever reasons it will be unfortunate .
Let him focus on building nation than decimating congress ...
Can we keep negative thoughts about destroying congress aside and focus on positive aspect of rebuilding our nation ?

I understand your earnest emotions ...but we should never lose perspective however overwhelming our emotions can be .

Pardon me I should have clarified, the final quarter of FY 2014-15 should hit 7%.

That being said, publicly they've stated a 6.5% growth rate for India this year 2014-15.

You have been pardoned:p: Lol

Don't take it seriously ...

But to me even projected jump of 2% looks incredibly fabulous ....

Not that it's impossible ...but then it would be really miraculous , if it happens .

Let us see ...Proof of the pudding is in eating !

( Seriously I also hoping for same ...just like many other Indians )

Back
Top Bottom