What's new

Bomb blast outside indian embassy in Kabul

You are a foreign target - attacking an Embassy in Kabul will make headlines.

What was the purpose behind bombing the WFP office in Pakistan after all?

twice in a year???
the taliban are as creative as a four-toed sloth!
and I though they pulled a great trick by vaporizing OBL...!

You are a foreign target - attacking an Embassy in Kabul will make headlines.

What was the purpose behind bombing the WFP office in Pakistan after all?

Interesting comment. But why only the Indian Consulate when there are many other embassies in the capital whose countries have troops in Afghan and are actually responsible for Afghan and talby moron casualties! ISAF troops as targets, understandable. But an embassy, the country which is doing humanitarian work - liked by majority of Afghan population - as a target: something aint right, smells real fishy! And dont we all know why. Just check Patriot's comment above yours. Nice mentality.

twice in a year???
the taliban are as creative as a four-toed sloth!
and I though they pulled a great trick by vaporizing OBL...!

For an ideology that shuns any sort of art, music and literature, they definitely are pretty creative - but I suppose the 'art of warfare', guerrilla or otherwise, is acceptable for them.

There is also the underlying motive of perhaps trying to cast themselves more favorably in the eyes of the Pakistani establishment, as it moves towards eliminating the major center of the Pakistani taliban in South Waziristan.

If Pakistan is able to decimate the TTP in SW, then that will leave North Waziristan and any other areas where some of the Afghan Taliban find sanctuary very vulnerable, and it will possibly cut off any resources they obtain from the Tribal areas and the various militant groups based there, including AQ.

not one Indian troop is going to Afghanistan...mark my words...there is no logic in that.

Whoever said Indian troops? GoI has adamantly refused to send armed troops to help NATO/ISAF. All that talk about sending Indian 120,000 troops to the theater was hogwash right from the beginning.
I said 'interesting people', not troops.

Interesting comment. But why only the Indian Consulate when there are many other embassies in the capital whose countries have troops in Afghan and are actually responsible for Afghan and talby moron casualties! ISAF troops as targets, understandable. But an embassy, the country which is doing humanitarian work - liked by majority of Afghan population - as a target: something aint right, smells real fishy! And dont we all know why. Just check Patriot's comment above yours. Nice mentality.

You could apply all those questions to the attack on the WFP office as well - it is feeding millions of Pakistanis, including many in the Tribal areas - and there are many more Western and Pakistani government and military targets to aim at, so why attack a charitable organization that has no military role in either Afghanistan or Pakistan and never has?

You are also forgetting that India has not really been liked historically by the Taliban given its support for the Northern Alliance against the Taliban. In addition, India continues to maintain strong links with the Northern Alliance warlords in power currently, with the Afghan intelligence and military as well as with the Karzai leadership, all detested by the Taliban.

The more important question is, can Pakistan sustain another full blown conflict and survive - nukes or no nukes?
When it is at loggerheads with its 'friends' in NATO and surrounded by India and its friendlies!

I wonder over all those idiots or bastards who say that India is not our enemy. I say India is our biggest enemy and a threat to Pakistan forever. This can be imagine by many statements and Indian propaganda against Pakistan.

As far as your statement that whether Pakistan will survive or not well if India was so sure you would have attacked us by now.

Lets be real war will harm India as much as it will harm Pakistan.

In today's world there is no clear criteria of victory. So dont live in a dream world.

why act so naive??

If Taliban is fighting aganist US occupation...whats pakistan is doing for all these years??

And who provides logistics, supplies,transport corridor,ground intelligence even air bases for Drone raids to the US troops in exchange of billons of dollar worth financial and military assiatance.

Do u think either afgan Taliban or TTP
arent aware of it and its deadly consequence they face??

Now u tell me why Afgan Taliban never harms pakistan's interest inside Afganistna inspite of pakistans assiatance in US war on terror??

on the hand why a similar pushtun group like TTP is hell bent on destroying pakistan??

In the answer lies all the politic of the great game, where nobody is innocent...just some are far more gulity than others.

Pakistan is fighting the Thugs, supported by some elements, who are using Islam as cover to accomplish Destabilization of Pakistan &
Pakistan & US are co operating where there is convergence of Interests
ELIMINATION OF TALIBAN IN AFGHANISTAN IS NOT RESPONSIBILITY OF PAKISTAN
Pakistan has done enough to ensure that destabilization of NWFP do not happens & elements that are a mutual threat are neutralized, Countries are Allies when there a mutual threat & convergence of Interest, Its not our problem if Americans are having problems in Afgh, they started this war so they have to Fight it, shifting the Blame wont win them this war
yeah No one is innocent but some people pretend to be innocent & victims, They even victimize Themselves to show that other is guilty

They want to liberate their country from all the invaders.

There are some at your side of AFPAK border as well.

They must be surely terrorists. BAD ones. Afghan side has GOOD ones . Freedom fighters.

:Mod Edit:

I think there is a realisation in Afghanistan that if they dont stop the growing indian presence in the country then they could go from this:

Please read this and figure out India's commitment: Afghanistan Suicide Bomb Kills 12 Near Indian Embassy (Update1) - Bloomberg.com

India is committed to its policy of giving economic and technical help to Karzai’s government as a way to help the U.S.- led battle against the Taliban guerrillas, Rao said yesterday at a conference in New Delhi. “We have an abiding interest in the stabilization of Afghanistan,”

There are some at your side of AFPAK border as well.

They must be surely terrorists. BAD ones. Afghan side has GOOD ones . Freedom fighters.

No need to get into a huff - the argument of invaders is valid for Afghanistan given that there is an external force present. That the Taliban insurgency has a nationalist component to it has been admitted by US military and civilian analysts.

Pakistan by contrast does not have outside forces controlling its territory - the Taliban insurgency in Pakistan is ideological - their mission is one of overthrowing the current system and of imposing their distorted version of Islam on the entire country.

India not intimidated by Kabul attack

India will not be intimidated by the criminal killers who perpetrated the attack on the Indian embassy in Kabul and will take all steps to protect Indians, Minister of State for external affairs Shashi Tharoor affirmed on Thursday.

"India will not be intimidated by these criminal killers. We will take all steps necessary to protect Indian lives and installations in Afghanistan," Tharoor said in a tweet posted on the social networking site Twitter.

Tharoor also conveyed India's condolences for the around 12 Afghans who died in the suicide bombing outside the Indian mission in Kabul Thursday morning.

"Tragic news from Kabul of another bomb attack near our embassy. Indians safe (three lightly injured) but many Afghan casualties. Our condolences," Tharoor said, tweeting from the United Arab Emirates where he is currently on an official visit to promote bilateral ties.

A powerful suicide car bomb blast near the Indian embassy in Kabul Thursday killed at least 12 people and injured over 90 others. No Indian was killed in the devastating bombing on the busy road outside the embassy. Afghan officials said the dead were one police officer and 11 Afghan civilians, most of whom were seeking Indian visas.

India not intimidated by Kabul attack: Tharoor - India - The Times of India

No need to get into a huff - the argument of invaders is valid for Afghanistan given that there is an external force present. That the Taliban insurgency has a nationalist component to it has been admitted by US military and civilian analysts.

Pakistan by contrast does not have outside forces controlling its territory - the Taliban insurgency in Pakistan is ideological - their mission is one of overthrowing the current system and of imposing their distorted version of Islam on the entire country.

I think these ambiguous stands on WOT are not doing any good. And a proof that either it will fail or Pakistan as a partner is conflict of interest in itself. The way Taliban moved towards Pakistan is a proof in itself that they have a wider agenda than Afghanistan. Ambiguity kills the cause.

not what my point was.
Pakistan has been established by the muslims of India and obviously they are doing well...but aren't the Pathans who came to Pakistan through the Pak-af border 30 years back your citizens and is it not natural for you to take care of them?
well you have to keep the border porous cus there are pathans on both the sides...this is the durrand dilema!

WE are caring for them arent we they are getting their share in Pak as its citizens, Dont u know that?
U just asked me what Pak is doing for Afgh, i replied to that
as for Porous border, When we siggest to Mine & Fence it then still ppl cry, pta ni kia ha in logo ko..
Porous border is a Problem no doubt but, Solution of problem in Afghanistan lies in Afgh itself not in Pakistan
If u think that this porous border is the core prob, then ur wrong Pari..

such as??

Pak Paktuns are loyal to Pak & not against the state of Pak as a whole, Afghan Pushtuns(many of them) are against the state of Pak

partly out of charity and largely because of understandable vested interests...(remember that Afghanistan accuses Pakistan of gobbling up a significant portion of it's territory)

let them Claim who cares, ppl who cant even have a established gov & are fighting among them selves, ppl with zero educational infra structure are going to Claim on Land that is part of Pak since 1947
By the way do u know country with border dispute with all of its neighbors

your interests lie eastwards.If it wasn't for us you'd have never allowed the militia to be trained and armed to the teeth against the Ruskies...it was a gamble...any half-witted person would know that empowering something that you can't handle is like a sinister djinn that come back to slay it's
democracies don't operate like that.[/QUOTE]

Russikes were a problem is there any doubt about it???
BTW i want to know what was Indian Stance when Bolsheviks jumped in Afgh, BLA could be a potential Russiki & Indian Asset(convergence of Interests) :coffee:
Times Change don't they, we had to make a Choice, One border with Russikies ready to touch our warm waters & on other Border beloved Russiki friend ready to remove existence of Pak...

democracies don't operate like that.

America is a Democracy??? :undecided:

they are learning that the hard way.

For how many years they are 'learning', God Bless 'em :disagree:

Last edited:
I wonder over all those idiots or bastards who say that India is not our enemy. I say India is our biggest enemy and a threat to Pakistan forever. This can be imagine by many statements and Indian propaganda against Pakistan.
Excellent, excellent analysis and pov! Now I shall keep this in mind if I choose to reply to your posts in the future.
btw you havent yet given your sources for your claim where India and Russia invaded Afghanistan. Some sources here too would be welcome.
As far as your statement that whether Pakistan will survive or not well if India was so sure you would have attacked us by now.
Lets be real war will harm India as much as it will harm Pakistan.
In today's world there is no clear criteria of victory. So dont live in a dream world.
You are partially right above. Do you understand the constraints both GoP and GoI are under to avoid a conflict? More so with GoI. WoT is kind of a boon or a safe deposit for Pakistan because it has held back India from attacking Pakistan many times. Think about it if you can.
But remember, India will not go to war, a full blown conflict, with Pakistan alone. As far fetched it may sound, if push comes to a shove, India will definitely look for support- covert or otherwise - from western nations for a small skirmish, localized conflict where the goals are more realistic and achievable with acceptable losses. Given the present circumstances in the region that possibility many not be far fetched.

Latest news says 17 killed, 63 wounded.

Many Afghan families will be shattered tonight - mothers, wives, kids.

The "Afghan" Taliban have officially claimed credit: Taliban claim Kabul bombing

Afghan President Hamid Karzai called the perpetrators ''barbaric'', adding: ''This is a terrorist attack, and an obvious attack on defenceless Afghan civilians.''

A bomb hit the Indian embassy in July last year, killing 60 people in an attack blamed on Taliban militants linked to Pakistan's intelligence agencies.

In the latest attack a watch tower on a junction near the embassy was damaged and the windows of up to 100 shops were blown out.

A reporter described a massive crater in the middle of the road. The wreckage of a car appeared to have been blown 20 metres across the road.

The road was littered with debris, burned vehicles and body parts. Bloodied clothing, including the pale blue burqas worn by Afghan women, were scattered across the site.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom