What's new

Bomb Blast in Crowded Daata Darbar (Shrine), Lahore

Punjabi Taliban disown attacks on Data Darbar
Saturday, July 03, 2010
By Mushtaq Yusufzai

PESHAWAR: The Punjabi Taliban on Friday denied their involvement in the devastating terrorist attacks at the Data Darbar in Lahore and condemned the killing of innocent worshippers in the shrine and the adjacent mosque.

Also, the Urdu-speaking militants’ spokesman termed the suicide attacks as acts of intelligence agencies and the US security firm Blackwater aimed at tarnishing the image of Mujahideen.

“We cannot even think of taking the life of a single innocent human-being. This brutality to defame the Mujahideen should be expected from spy agencies and Blackwater,” Mohammad Omar, the spokesman for the Punjabi Taliban, stressed. Omar called The News from an undisclosed location to clarify the position of his militant organisation, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, about the Lahore attacks.

If TTP is not the culprit, that means no RAW hand(As most Pakistani members had earlier speculated the TTP to be creation of RAW) so no Indian involvement.
Now the big question is, is TTP RAW created or Pakistans own creation?
If this was not done by TTP then who done it?
How can the so called Zionists operate at such will in a democratic well militarized country? Is it that the Government is collapsing and the military intelligence a failure?
There are thousands of such questions which enlightened members would be tempted to ask. So before finger raising see where exactly is the fault.
In any way you see it, it eventually trickles down to the failure of governance.

Why Indian is spending billion of dollars in Afghanistan to build infrastructure and communication network ?

60% of Indian population dont have clean water ,why dont they feed their own people first?

Can you give me answer of these questions?

Why India is spending Billions in Afghanistan or in any other country around the Globe? Good question, but the answer is straight, it has the money and resources, it wants a stable region with prosperity, this way India can also do good business with them. A country run by Thugs, as it was in the days of Taliban was not productive for the country, for the neighbors or for the region.
For the second part- For Heaven sake you guys stop worrying about our poor, we are taking good care of them, we can not spoon feed them, we are trying to educate them, give them jobs etc etc, and huge amount of budget is alloted to these programmes.

If TTP is not the culprit, that means no RAW hand(As most Pakistani members had earlier speculated the TTP to be creation of RAW) so no Indian involvement.
Now the big question is, is TTP RAW created or Pakistans own creation?
If this was not done by TTP then who done it?
How can the so called Zionists operate at such will in a democratic well militarized country? Is it that the Government is collapsing and the military intelligence a failure?
There are thousands of such questions which enlightened members would be tempted to ask. So before finger raising see where exactly is the fault.
In any way you see it, it eventually trickles down to the failure of governance.

TTP is a freedom fighting movement that wants to liberate Pakistan and create an Islamic state. They dont believe that the current govt is Islamic enough. After they come to power in Pakistan, they will attack Delhi and create a Darul islam.

I'm willing to agree with you that the TTP might be responsible for these events. There are many foreign powers interested in the demise of Pakistan. But there are a lot of other countries besides Pakistan too. You tell me, what has the Pakistani government done to eradicate these terrorist groups and whoever is funding them? What positive steps has the Pakistani government taken to restore law and order in society, and to preserve the lives of innocent Pakistani civilians? This is what angers me. The government is not sincere in safeguarding the lives of its fellow citizens. We should take an example from India that does a RELATIVELY admirable job, in terms of suicide bombings as compared to Pakistan (I'm not talking about communal riots and violence, because India definitely has more of that, something they need to work on). I want a ruthless dictator to take over, who doesn't give a s*it what anyone thinks of him, and forces people to live in peace. That's only a dream though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why Indian is spending billion of dollars in Afghanistan to build infrastructure and communication network ?

60% of Indian population dont have clean water ,why dont they feed their own people first?

Can you give me answer of these questions?

Actually same goes for both India and Pakistan...both have spent millions on Nuclear weapons...both spend lots of money in places like Siachin..and other places.

In both countries there are millions who live under terrible conditions....... I always said that despite having Nuclear weapons one cannot get a glass of clean drinking water from the tap in India nor in Pakistan.

Having said that currently India is the better of the two however has pathetic governance...and wheels of bureaucracy that move at snails pace e.g: growing economy and pathetic infrastructure which hinders growth and less said the better about the politics and politicians

In my opinion both Pakistan and India should let by gone's be by gone's and really work together to uplift the quality and standard of life for your peoples.....in your case you have a lot in common ( north Indians and Pakistan's) and a tremendous potential..

So hopefully one day In Sha Allah you guys will make peace with each other and realize your potential.

Last edited:
“…well sometimes such attacks should take place you know. I don’t mean often, but how else will these ignorant people ever learn that what they are practicing is shirk?”

:tsk:

this line was posted on first page of this thread: you think a shrine/grave is something more sacred than the mosque ???

Pathetic

I'm willing to agree with you that the TTP might be responsible for these events. There are many foreign powers interested in the demise of Pakistan. But there are a lot of other countries besides Pakistan too. You tell me, what has the Pakistani government done to eradicate these terrorist groups and whoever is funding them? What positive steps has the Pakistani government taken to restore law and order in society, and to preserve the lives of innocent Pakistani civilians? This is what angers me. The government is not sincere in safeguarding the lives of its fellow citizens. We should take an example from India that does a RELATIVELY admirable job, in terms of suicide bombings as compared to Pakistan (I'm not talking about communal riots and violence, because India definitely has more of that, something they need to work on, but it's hard because of their large population and overpopulation). I want a ruthless dictator to take over, who doesn't give a s*it what anyone thinks of him, and forces people to live in peace. That's only a dream though.

Dear Sir,

I could not disagree more.

Enough 'ruthless' dictators have come and gone (half of Pakistan's existence was taken up by them) and done nothing useful. None of their stunts have worked.

With respect the only medicine - a long-drawn out therapy, one which may take decades, and needs to be given that time - is democracy. You may start with a corrupt, spineless, obsessed with intrigue set of feudals and carpetbaggers, but as the people realise that they have the power, really, truly have power, they will move steadily and increasingly with confidence towards setting the direction.

Then, and only then, will positive things happen.

There are no short-cuts, no silver bullets.

Sincerely,

Lahore shuts in mourning; call for countrywide strike

LAHORE: Lahore woke up with a mix of outrage and resilience on Friday over the previous night’s attacks on the Data Darbar that left over 40 people dead.

Widespread demonstrations and a shutdown in major commercial centres captured the feeling of a battered city: the strike on its heart was one too many.

Demonstrations were also held in towns and cities across the country. Law enforcement agencies carried out swoops in Lahore and other major towns in Punjab, taking into custody 30 suspects.

The Sunni Ittehad Council, a conglomerate of over 20 groups, gave a call for countrywide strike for Saturday. Several professional and trade bodies, including the PML-N traders’ wing, declared their support to the call.

Leaders of all political and religious parties and seminaries were at one in condemning the bombings.

Students belonging to seminaries took to the streets after Friday prayers, blocking a number of roads and burning tyres.

Top Sunni leaders attended a rally outside the Data Darbar and staged a sit-in along with hundreds of furious protesters. Slogans calling for resignations by the president, the prime minister and the Punjab chief minister rent the air.

PROBE: Police detained relatives of one Mohammad Rafiq alias Usman, 20, suspecting that he was one of the suicide bombers, but freed them after learning that he was a victim.

Rafiq’s brother Mohammad Latif, who was in police custody, denied that his brother was a terrorist. “Rafiq visits the Data Darbar every Thursday and he was also one of the victims.”

Senior Superintendent of Police Zulifqar Hameed confirmed that Rafiq was a victim, although his department had issued the man’s identikit to newspapers, claiming that he was a terrorist.

A spokesman for the Punjab government said the terror suspects who had been arrested included ‘suicide bombers’ and their ‘handlers’.

“They are key members of a number of gangs involved in major incidents of terrorism in the province.”

He said those arrested included suspects wanted for the suicide bombing on the Parade Lane mosque in Rawalpindi.

He said the suspects were found in possession of a large quantity of arms and ammunition, weighing about 22 tons. Uniforms of security agencies were also recovered.

“Valuable information about various gangs of terrorists has been extracted.”

The spokesman, by way of self-congratulation, claimed the arrest of such a large number of suspects was “a big achievement” that would help in curbing terrorism.

Agencies add: The scenes of carnage at the Data Darbar were caught on camera by closed circuit televisions which recorded the bombers in the final moments before they blew themselves up.

The dramatic footage shows a security guard at the shrine chasing after one of the bombers shortly before a huge blast which sent crowds of panicked worshippers fleeing in all directions.

The images broadcast by television channels were obtained from close circuit television cameras installed at the Data Ganj Bakhsh shrine.

They showed hundreds of white-robed devotees crowding into the centuries-old mausoleum before the blast.

A guard identified as Salim Raza, who was posted at an entry gate equipped with a scanner, detected a suspicious man clad in a green turban, white robes and a shawl and carrying a bag.

He ran after the bomber who seconds later detonated his explosives, engulfing the site in a huge cloud of white smoke and leaving the white marble floor splattered with blood, body parts and people’s belongings. The authorities said they were investigating how they managed to penetrate into the area despite strict security measures.

DAWN.COM | Front Page | Lahore shuts in mourning; call for countrywide strike

I talked to a journalist friend who went to Data Darbar today and he said that a whole bunch of people were trying to convince the policemen on guard there to let them distribute the food somehow. Of course, they could not allow it and neither were they allowed to do it anywhere nearby fearing another attack on a congregation of people.

He was telling me how he saw an eight something old man crying outside the Darbar. The old man was left at the steps of the shrine as a toddler, raised by the custodians of the shrine and has lived there for every single day he remembers.

What a sad day for this country. My resolution at least has been broken. This is too much violence and too much hate to tackle. In no other country could Maulana Muhammad Ahmad Ludhianvi roam free. In no other country could Maulana Masood Azhar continue to receive patronage from organs of the state. In no other country could Maulana Azam Tariq get elected to Parliament from jail only months after his party got declared as a terrorist organization. In no other place could a hate-monger like Hafiz Saeed roam free. In no other place could people like Maulana Sami ul Haq become Senators and be allowed to roam free even when dozens of suicide bombers have been precisely identified as being from the biggest terror outfit Madrassa, Jamia Darul Uloom Haqania of Akora Khatak. Isn't it ironic that Sami ul Haq's Senate page lised then (and now as previous Senators' page) in his acheivements the book "Qadiyan se Israel tak" (From Qadiyan to Israel). So much hate and so much intolerance.

I personally am broken today. Never felt this broken by any terrorist event, which is itself a testament to how non-emotional have we become to such events and personally I considered my reactions to have become quite inhumane as well. I am broken beyond any measurable standard of grief.

the news literally made me cry .. :cry:

uh oh, you're totally not from Israel, are you? :woot::rofl:

Why do you think so?

Just speaking someone's language doesn't make me an Indian or Pakistani?
I speak Hindi and I am not Indian...speaking Arabic doesn't make me a Arab.....either and lastly I'm not a religious person and couldn't care less about it....nor am I a practicing Jew. I am what one calls a secular Jew or extreme secular I would say. At the same time however I respect others and their beliefs and rights to worship.

Habibi.... In-sha-Allah is god willing ( Irrespective whichever god you believe in)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom