What's new

Bomb Blast in Crowded Daata Darbar (Shrine), Lahore

It's not just PTI - The mullahs believe Ahemdis killed 100 of their own for the LULZ

‘Attack on Ahmedis conspiracy to repeal laws against them’

LAHORE: A gathering of the leaders of 13 religious and political parties in Lahore claimed that the attack on Ahmedis on May 28 was part of a conspiracy to repeal the laws against them, BBCUrdu reported.

The meeting was held in an office of the Majlis Ahrar Islam in Lahore's Muslim Town. The parties concluded that a conspiracy was in place to debate the laws against Ahmedis, the report said.

Maulana Zahidul Rashdi, who is a founding member of the Muttahida Tehrik-i-Khatm-i-Nabuwat and also the Secretary-General of the Pakistan Shariat Council, read the joint statement at the meeting’s conclusion: The attack on Ahmedis is being used as an excuse to generate suspicions regarding the concept of khatm-i-nabuwat.

The gathering was attended by leaders of the Jamaat-i-Islami, Jamiat-i-ulema-i-Islam Fazlur Rahman group, Jamaatud Dawa and Markazi Jamaat-i-Ahl-i-Sunnat among others.

During the meeting, Maulana Ilyas Chinioti, a member of the PML-N and the Punjab provincial assembly, condemned Nawaz Sharif's statement in which he had sympathised with the Ahmedis and called them his brothers.

The meeting's participants demanded that Nawaz Sharif immediately withdraw his statement.

☪☪☪☪;968851 said:
It's not just PTI - The mullahs believe Ahemdis killed 100 of their own for the LULZ
I doubt they really believe it. That's just what they want everyone to think so that the cause of religion they expound can be better served. That way their followers don't have to feel a single ounce of pity for the Ahmedis.

(That is, of course, the American, Jewish, and Israeli experience when listening to Muslim religious leaders when they support the latest terror attacks on civilian targets. What goes around comes around, yes?)

And what do you know about our school syllabus? Have you studied in Pakistan?

The major subjects in Pakistan are compromised of Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Social-Studies, History, Biology, Urdu, English and Islamiyat (Islamic Education). One subject on Islam isn't the problem here. The problem is that you're confusing conventional education with religious education. You're putting up a question without knowing what you're asking.

I'd be afraid too if I didn't know what I was talking about. Do your research and come back later.

I am sorry for your poor farsightedness.

I not interested to talk detailed politically correct bias here.

I posted my comment when i felt that people now asking the reason.

Your nation is full of war mongering souls those who think by raising war, enforcing stricter laws, killing perpetrators and by engaging in confrontation; every thing is achievable. How many of them, your forces will kill. Last time i read that Red mosque saga has breed a new generation of anti nationals!

Where is the holistic approach? The holistic approach should be bringing those involved to justice and killing that Ideology as well.

In pediatrics we learn that if a child is crying, it means something is wrong with his guardian not with the child himself.

I am aware of the difference between Madrases and school education of Pakistan.

Learning Islamiat is no harm but embedding contents to secularism (that your policy maker can decide) will also help. Both can go simultaneously. Changing national syllabus ASAP is the first step to inculcate what you want your nation to be in future.

In Indian Punjab schools we all were learning compulsory Sikhism (Dharmic Subject) and our texts were full of secular material at the same time. Furthermore our history was treated in a way that we were feed by many incorrect informations for sake of keeping the secular harmony between different communities (we have moved on).

Many lawless regimes are running hate operas all over against non believers. I have read your syllabus and history better than many Pakistanis here. I read in detail how at times the Arabian version of Islam has been enforced to Pakistanis by constitution and independent regimes, specially post independence (no moral high grounds for you).

You are a pseudo moderate and pseudo Islamic nation where large numbers of Masses are confused (read terrorists) and trying to impose what they feel is correct(I am very soft with my words here).

The cause of Islamic nation was to preserve islamiat in believers; but not by killing non believers.

Today Kashmir valley has zero Hindu population (read non believers) and one particular branch of Islam is restlessly earring numbers of followers by force (psychological etc.) I think this is what the radical Islamic forces wants to do in Pakistan. A Pakistan with Zero Ahmadi, Sufi, Hindu or Sikh population.

I may be exaggerating or these terrorist are few and do not represent whole nation. But they are dangerous and inflicting harm regularly, they are trying to please someone and sending a message to masses (we all know what message). They are doing what they think the GoP has failed to do so like previous dictators.

Someone trying to impose purist radical Islam(read wahhabism).

So the reason is there but where is the salvation? Changing school syllabus is at least feasible and more approachable. Pakistan can start on what is in hand.

Now you can tell me your conspiracy theory. Both eyes on thread.

Regards

Last edited:
The Context:

Major attacks at mosques, religious events, and Islamic institutions in Pakistan since December 2007:

July 1, 2010: Suicide bombers detonated at the Data Ganj Bakhsh shrine in Lahore, killing 41 people and wounding more than 170.

May 28, 2010: The Punjabi Taliban assaulted two Ahamadi mosques in Lahore, killing more than 70 people.

Dec. 18, 2009: A suicide bomber detonated inside a mosque frequented by policemen in Lower Dir, killing 12.

Dec. 4, 2009: A suicide assault team stormed a mosque in Rawalpindi that is frequented by Army officers, killing 40.

Oct. 20, 2009: A pair of suicide bombers detonated their vests at Islamabad's International Islamic University, killing five.

June 12, 2009: A suicide bomber killed five Pakistanis, including anti-Taliban cleric Dr. Sarfraz Naeemi, in an attack on a mosque in Lahore during Friday prayers.

June 12, 2009: A suicide bomber killed six worshipers and wounded more than 90 in an attack inside a mosque in Nowshera. The attack collapsed the dome of the mosque.

June 5, 2009: A suicide bomber killed 49 worshipers in an attack on a mosque in a remote village in Dir.

April 5, 2009: A suicide bomber killed 24 worshipers and wounded more than 100 in an attack outside a Shia religious center in the Chakwal district in Punjab province.

March 27, 2009: A Taliban suicide bomber killed more than 70 worshipers and wounded more than 125 in an attack at a mosque in the Khyber tribal agency.

March 5, 2009: An attacker threw a hand grenade into the middle of a mosque in Dera Ismail Khan, wounding 25 worshipers.

March 2, 2009: A suicide bomber killed six people during an attack at a gathering in a mosque in the Pishin district in Baluchistan.

Feb. 20, 2008: A suicide bomber killed 32 Pakistanis and wounded more than 85 in an attack on a funeral procession for a Shia elder who was murdered in Dera Ismail Khan.

Feb. 5, 2009: A suicide attack outside a mosque killed more than 30 Shia worshipers and wounded more than 50.

Nov. 22, 2008: A bombing at a mosque in Hangu killed five civilians and wounded seven.

Nov. 21, 2008: A suicide attack on a funeral procession in Dera Ismail Khan killed 10 mourners and wounded more than 25.

Sept. 10, 2008: The Taliban attacked a mosque filled with Ramadan worshipers in the district of Dir in northwestern Pakistan. More than 25 worshipers were killed and more than 50 were wounded.

Aug. 19, 2008: A suicide bomber killed 29 Shia mourners and wounded 35 after detonating in the emergency ward of a hospital.

June 17, 2008: Four Pakistanis were killed and three wounded in a bombing at a Shia mosque in Dera Ismail Khan.

May 19, 2008: Four Pakistanis were killed in a bombing outside a mosque in Bajaur.

Jan. 17, 2008: A suicide bomber killed 10 and wounded 25 in an attack on a Shia mosque in Peshawar.

Dec. 28, 2007: A suicide bomber detonated in the middle of a mosque in Charsadda in an attempt to kill former Interior Minister Aftab Sherpao as he conducted Eid prayers. More than 50 were killed and more than 200 were wounded.

Read more: 41 killed in triple suicide attack at Sufi shrine in Lahore - The Long War Journal

☪☪☪☪;968846 said:
I think Pakistanis need to learn the hard truth ie
You reap what you sow.We used Arab money and built terror organizations which we thought would be a asset against India (instead of investing more on education and improving our economy which would have been greatest asset against India in reality )but it is biting their own masters now - You cant trust snakes.There is no one to blame except us.

Very true.

May Allah give strength to the family members of the deceased. This is not a thread to start argument on Pakistan school syllabus but I just want to direct you to the link below for a well researched article on the subject of Pakistani school syllabus. Thanks

Link1: - Dr.Tariq Rahman Official web Page

Read article 17. Images of Others in Pakistani Textbooks

And the first line of the article reads;

"Textbooks are one out of many influences on a person’s world view. How significant the influence may be depends on many variables ¾ teachers, peer group pressure, family and friends, childhood experiences, exposure to discourses other than textbooks ¾ and cannot be easily determined. "

As Bezerk pointed out, social studies/history form a small component of the total curriculum, and any perceived 'negative depictions of the other' would be a very small part of that curriculum. While these issues in the curriculum may or may not exist (Hoodhboy could be classified as an extreme liberal and pacifist after all, and therefore biased towards a particular POV and not necessarily completely objective), the impact of such a small section of the total curriculum, looked at in the context of the statement by the author quoted above, is likely minuscule and not the central issue that needs to be addressed here.

I don't think anyone's taken any responsibility for this hideous act so far. From what we already know, the attackers were aged 17 and 22 and their heads have been recovered from ground-zero.

If heads have been recovered then why not put up a picture of the head on TV and offer a reward to anybody who can tell more about them.
Once found their families should be executed with TNT off course and local mullah should be given to the pigs alive.

I am pretty sure others that follow these pigs will think twice and family members knowing whats coming to them after the suicide attack will call the authorities before the where about of the suicide bomber.

I agree for the most part.

And the first line of the article reads;

"Textbooks are one out of many influences on a person’s world view. How significant the influence may be depends on many variables ¾ teachers, peer group pressure, family and friends, childhood experiences, exposure to discourses other than textbooks ¾ and cannot be easily determined. "

As Bezerk pointed out, social studies/history form a small component of the total curriculum, and any perceived 'negative depictions of the other' would be a very small part of that curriculum. While these issues in the curriculum may or may not exist (Hoodhboy could be classified as an extreme liberal and pacifist after all, and therefore biased towards a particular POV and not necessarily completely objective), the impact of such a small section of the total curriculum, looked at in the context of the statement by the author quoted above, is likely minuscule and not the central issue that needs to be addressed here.

Also keep in mind that these 'negative depictions of the other' are observed by scholars pouring over the material with a fine tooth comb out to prove precisely that point.

I went through the same curriculum, as did many others on this forum, and recall no such thing myself. Think about it from your own schooling experience - how many kids in school paid that much attention in history/social studies class, let alone to the 'subtleties' of the language of their curriculum used for 'denigrating the other'?

Except that school curricula is something a govt makes , refines and controls as part of official govt policy. A small matter? Denial at its best. My Pakistani friend here in Dubai totally disagrees with it, he is glad his kids are studying in Dubai.

RIP to the dead. May this madness stop.

Count reached 42.......Some saying it were three blasts.

RIP the dead except those fuking basterds.

A small matter?

With respect to the 'negative depictions of the other', yes, a small matter for the reasons mentioned.

Just calling it 'denial' without having a coherent and rational argument to refute the points made only makes your own point look frivolous.

INLWIIR ... another attack on our way off life , a butchering of beleivers of sufi Islam, another bloody example of wahabi money and ideology.

☪☪☪☪;968846 said:
I think Pakistanis need to learn the hard truth ie
You reap what you sow.We used Arab money and built terror organizations which we thought would be a asset against India (instead of investing more on education and improving our economy which would have been greatest asset against India in reality )but it is biting their own masters now - You cant trust snakes.There is no one to blame except us.

one of the most honest comments i have read on this forum till now. The world needs people like you brother.

Inna Lillah wa Inna Alaih Raji'on. A very sad news.

Its high time, bring more scanners from China and put them all over the Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom