What's new

Bomb Blast in Crowded Daata Darbar (Shrine), Lahore

Pakistanis United against terrorists after Daata darbar blast

ISLAMABAD: The Taliban may have overplayed their hand by attacking Lahore's Data Gunj Baksh shrine with thousands of people, including conservative religious groups, taking to Pakistan's streets on Saturday, to denounce terrorist groups for the first time since the near-daily roll call of suicide attacks in the country.

On Saturday, as thousands demanded a new offensive against the Taliban, shops and businesses were shut in major cities. The protest appeared to reflect Pakistan's deep anger against the second major attack in a month on Pakistan's cultural hub, Lahore and on its famous Sufi shrine.

In one of Lahore's important shopping areas, baton-wielding protesters forced bystanders and passers-by to join in and shops to close . Protests also erupted in Karachi, Rawalpindi, Faislabad, Hyderabad and the northwestern Pashtun-dominated town of Peshawar. Emotions ran high in Karachi.

"We will not end our protest until culprits are punished,'' said Sunni Muslim Council leader Raghib Naeemi. The council was one of the groups which had called for a strike on Saturday. Naeemi urged the government to step up its efforts against extremism.

The council's chief Sahibzada Fazal thanked Pakistanis for holding protests. ''Today's successful strike shows that people behind terrorist acts. People have rejected these hired assassins.''

Authorities also ordered a crackdown on suspects. Police said they had rounded up several suspected militants around Lahore and recovered 20 suicide vests, police uniforms and and large amounts of ammunition on Friday night.

Pakistan prime minister Yousaf Raza Gilani visited the scene and vowed to bring the
attackers to justice. ''We've to be united to defeat terrorism and have appealed to the international community to help us,'' he said. This was a rare visit of Pakistan's head of government, who comes from a Sufi family, to a terror attack scene.

The attack on the Lahore shrine has also intensified calls for reigning in extremist seminaries that have mushroomed across Pakistan during the US-backed Jihad in Afghanistan in the 1980s.

Shrine blast: Pakistan rages against Taliban - Pakistan - World - The Times of India

""our own way "" so far is denial and ignorance of our own problems has been our way its wrong approach and we got to change this.

:no: where did i DENY that we have a problem regarding TERRORISM!!!!?? but i guess you prefer handing it over to indians to fix it for us right buddy??:sniper:

Ulema condemn Data Darbar bombing

Sunday, 04 Jul, 2010

KARACHI: Strongly condemning the terrorist attack on the Data Darbar in Lahore, leading religious scholars have termed it a conspiracy to shatter peace and provoke sectarianism in the country.

They urged the government to arrest the culprits and expose the conspiracies hatched by forces opposed to Pakistan and the unity of Ummah.

In a statement issued from Jamia Darul Uloom Karachi on Saturday, nine leading ulema of the country maintained that the incident in which at least 43 innocent and helpless Muslims were killed and many others injured cannot be condoned.

They said that those who attacked mosques and other places of worship and shrines and killed innocent people cannot be Muslims because such a conduct was forbidden in the Holy Quran and Sunnah.

“If such heinous act is committed through suicide attack, then it becomes even more grievous and deplorable act and has serious ramifications in the light of Sharia.”

They urged people to realise the grave threat to the country’s integrity and foil such conspiracies.

The statement was issued on behalf of Maulana Saleemullah Khan, president of Wafaqul Madaris Al Arabia Pakistan and administrator of Jamia Farooqia Karachi; Mufti Mohammad Rafi Usmani, Mufti-i-Azam of Pakistan and president of Jamia Darul Uloom; Mufti Mohammad Taqi Usmani, vice president of Jamia Darul Uloom; Dr Abdul Razak Iskandar, administrator of Jamia Uloom-i-Islamia Binnori Town Karachi; Mufti Mahmood Ashraf Usmani of Darul Afta Jamia Darul Uloom, Mufti Abdur Rauf Sukkurvi; Maulana Azizur Rahman, Maulana Rahat Ali Hashmi and Mufti Mohammad Zubair Ashraf Usmani.

DAWN.COM | Front Page | Ulema condemn Data Darbar bombing

:no: where did i DENY that we have a problem regarding TERRORISM!!!!?? but i guess you prefer handing it over to indians to fix it for us right buddy??:sniper:

Dear Sir,

Please try not to be so utterly juvenile about this.

The problem can only be fixed by the people of Pakistan, working through the sovereign state of Pakistan. Even the most well-meaning and well-intentioned Indian friend of Pakistan can only stand on the sidelines and offer support and encouragement.

No Indian, nor any Pakistani, has expressed any other view. There is no point in putting words in the mouths of others and then seeking to quarrel with that person.

Sincerely,

what i think is that Indians know that what happened to us due to presence of Anarchic Extremist Elements in Afghanistan, it can happen to them as well if Pakistan ever failed to contain & remove the menace of Islamists, These people if tasted the blood of victory in A-stan they just won't stop spreading & implementing their word of God

I dont just blame blame just the terrorist and or the Taliban for acts like this...I blame every person that applauded,, or approved of, any attacks on civlians. Look into your own heart, maybe you have found the problem and it is you. If you approved of the people that bombed the buses, cafes civilians in Israel, if you felt joy or satisfaction when 911 happend, if you in any way supported the cold blooded murder of civilians any where and in any time in any way, you are responsible this attack on the Daata Darbar (Shrine). Once the line was crossed there have a been a generation of Muslems that have growen up beliving the murder of innocent people is a justfied way to express your anger or further their cause. I think their is a song "I have found my enemy and it is me"

I completely disagree with this, Religion is one the ideologies which has killed more people than any other ideology, the followers of their respective God have more blood on their hands than anyone else :tsk:
They justify killings in many cases & some pretty famous religious people do that :wave: these are the people who need to be stopped from diverting more people towards so called path of heaven

Aalim Online – Inciting murder against Ahmedi’s | Teeth Maestro

YouTube - Killing of Non-Muslims is Legitimate (British Mullah)

That was a old video by a outlawed british group, IT IS NOW completely disolved and omar bakri is in lebanon. You posting pro BNP videos, and the doughnut that you are do not even KNOW THAT THIS GROUP IS WIDELY CONDEMNED AMON THE BRITISH MUSLIM COMMUNITY. SECONDLY THEY ARE TALKIGN OF RETALIATION AGAINST PEOPLE WHOM THEY CLASS AS ONE OF THEM AND IT SOUNDS MORE OF THE RIGHT TO SELF DEFENCE, IT DOESNT TALK OF BOMBING ETC. STOP TWISTIGN THINGS TO SUIT YOUR PEVERSE THEORIES

That was a old video by a outlawed british group, IT IS NOW completely disolved and omar bakri is in lebanon. You posting pro BNP videos, and the doughnut that you are do not even KNOW THAT THIS GROUP IS WIDELY CONDEMNED AMON THE BRITISH MUSLIM COMMUNITY. SECONDLY THEY ARE TALKIGN OF RETALIATION AGAINST PEOPLE WHOM THEY CLASS AS ONE OF THEM AND IT SOUNDS MORE OF THE RIGHT TO SELF DEFENCE, IT DOESNT TALK OF BOMBING ETC. STOP TWISTIGN THINGS TO SUIT YOUR PEVERSE THEORIES

I am not going into anyone's history nor am i promoting anything, I just responded to the person's post which said that no religious people advocate hatred & Violence, Period!

PS: listen again....

Sorry to disagree Hon sir.

I have heard late Maulana Tariq Azam of SSP in BBC Channel 4 documentary about 10 years ago who said that I sometime tell my students to go and “Do the Shias”.

A book called “ Shias are Muslim or Kaffir, you decide” mentioned names of one mullah every century since the 7th century who declares Shias as “Wajibul Qatl”. This book was written by bigots of all bigots Mullah Zia uddin Farooqi. He conveniently ignored the thousands of scholars who thought otherwise.

Taliban killed all Shias when they took over Mazaar Sharif including the Iranian staff of the Consulate who had diplomatic immunity. Hazara Shias did the same when they recaptured Bamian from the Sunni Taliban.

Recently a Mosque in Landi Kotal was declared as “Masjid Zaraar” and was blown up. Completely disregarding the life of any worshipper who may be inside.

Other religions are no different. Shiv Sena preaches and justifies killing Muslims in the name of religious. RSS, another extremist Hindu movement never apologized for the killing of Mahatma Gandhi; mainly he was too soft on Harijans.

Sikh Akali Dal was originally formed with the sole purpose of killing the ‘Toork’ meaning Muslims.

Supposed followers of the most pacifist person ever born (Prophet Jesus Christ) known as Crusaders; had the philosophy that if you died in the service of Christ, you are glorified. If you kill in the service of Christ, Christ is glorified.

Spanish inquisition, sanction by the Pope killed thousands of innocent people for harboring “Non Christian” beliefs. This carried on for nearly 400 years.

Regret to say that teaching of all religions may be peaceful but this is not so in practice.
Followers of all religion that is Muslims, Christians, Hindus or Sikhs; indulged in genocide and bigotry given half the chance. These days mostly of the bigots happen to be Muslims.

My personal experience is that people who are overtly very religious turn out be rather ruthless and lacking in compassion.

ONE MULLAH IN EVERY CENTUARY AMONGST ALMOST TWO BILLION PEOPLE NOW IS PATHETIC. Al azhar the centre of Islamic jurusprudence has decalred fiqh jaffariya a legitimate school of thought, so has fatwa council of GB , sunni and shia have no fundamental diffrences, its mainly of juruprudence and theology. AZAM tariq was from aoutlawed deobandi group who were condemned by sunni shias alike etc, they present a great extremist view, its like me saying the HIndu Nationalists are the voice of all hindus.

I am not going into anyone's history nor am i promoting anything, I just responded to the person's post which said that no religious people advocate hatred & Violence, Period!

PS: listen again....

No all through your posts it is all you do, PEOPLE are not Nessarily represntatives of soemthign unless they hodl authority in that respective feild,, a doctors patient does not represent his surgery, simmilary a beliver of a faith does not represent hsi faith unless he is eduacted in it adequetly or of a position of trust in his or shes community, the people you qoute are neither. YEs every community has there bad apples, rather look at the ideology or the source of it, in this case the Quran which doe snot condone any of the such quite the contararry.

ok BARKHA DUTT!!

no pakistan is not moving towards anarchy CUZ NOT EVERYONE IS PRO TALIBAN AS INDIAN MEDIA WISHES TO PRESUME!so keep dreaming!! yes there are enemies in our society we will deal with them in OUR OWN WAY! as for turbulent and unstable neighbor stop crying yourself to bed every night with such stories! we are STABLE & ABLE so india need not worry!

First I am not any BARKHA DUTT, stop presuming, write sensibly.
My response was to the photo, I wanted to give a wake up call.Still if you feel every thing is fine, good for you, but no need to shout.
Again I am writing as a person and not for India.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom