What's new

Bomb Blast in Crowded Daata Darbar (Shrine), Lahore

For those arguing that religion has nothing to do with terrorism in our country :-

Toxic forms of every religion exist. Venom spewing and hate mongering sects exist in our country more than the global average. An Ahmedi is Wajib ul Qatl in many houses. Depending on which house you're born in, a Shia can be a heretic, Kafir, non-Muslim or Wajib ul Qatl. Similarly a Bareliv can be labeled the same, a Sufi can be labeled the same, a Bohri can be labeled the same, an Ismaili can be labeled the same and so on.

It all depends on your house of birth, your intellectual and philosophical leaning and your communal upbringing. I happen to have people in my family who label Shias as Kafirs as well.

Because the Shia-Sunni sectarian conflict has become a non-seller today and it is a political suicide, it isn't as visible yet it does not mean that it has died. The rise of LeJ and SSP, again, speaks volumes about the fact that self styled righteous, moralists, puritans and defenders of faith have resurfaced successfully. These groups aren't supported by India, Israel or the US, rather they have acted against these foreign powers. The foreign power that supports these self-styled defenders of faith, the champions of sectarian terror is the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It seems that you people have forgotten what we had to bear against their terror. Throughout the late '80s and up until the early part of the previous decade we witnessed hundreds of terror attacks from these sectarian terror outfits and dozens in response from the Shia protection outfits that emerged in response (it has to be noted that Shias never armed themselves against the Sunnis, rather rose in defence as the Anjuman Sipah e Sahaba was the first organized sectarian terror outfit). You people seem to have forgotten the dozens of attacks on Imambargahs, the bomb blasts in sabzimandis, the bus bombings and numerous other targeted assassinations. Either you have forgotten, for this country suffers from widespread amnesia, or you are willfully denying it which is a clear sign of sympathizing with terrorists.

There were no sectarian outfits before the mid '80s because society did not tolerate sectarian battles. As violence and the kaslashinlov culture pciked up, thse organizations popped up as well. They rise directly from Wahabi petro dollars. Somehow every terrorist sympathize here tries to accuse you of targeting Wahabis. The fact is that they supported them, and continue to support them both ideologically and financially. This does not mean that I or anyone here ar targeting them, rather we're stating the obvious fact. Accept it.

There were no militant sectarian battles before Indpendence. Did Barelvis and Deobandis not exist then? Did Shias not exist then? They did and tried to live peacefully with each other. The whole scenario comes back to the questions I pose every time to the post-Zia indoctrinated children whose world view is that of a clash of civilizations, who views the world as a combined conspiracy against him, who is trained to be an ostrich and reject the obvious truth and hold on to his intolerant, irrational and mythical views about the historical role of religion in our society and state in general. The post-Zia cannot accept that the mess has its role in religious indoctrination and toxic dogmas that have been financed by the House of Saud, supported by our very holy guardians and bred by our very state. The snake is biting us, accept it.

It was disheartening to see a protesting crowd of Maulvis in Karachi stating that yesterday's attack was carried out by either Blackwater or by Ahmedis to avenge attack on their places of worship. This lunacy has to be stopped. Any sane person will tell you that no country can witness so much terror carried out by foreign powers when every, every single suicide bomber turns out to be one of our own.

Before Ahmedis weren't legally non-Mulsims, when there were no blasphemy laws, when there was no criminal offence of fornication, there was no legal ban of consumption of liquor, betting, gambling and when there was no article 227 (all existing laws shall be brought in conformity with the Injunctions of Islam as laid down in the Holy Quran and Sunnah, in this Part referred to as the Injunctions of Islam, and no law shall be enacted which is repugnant to such Injunctions), when there was no Federal Shariat Court or Council of Islam Ideology that interpreted state governance under religious ideology; were the people of Pakistan living an "un-Islamic" life? Were they non-Muslims or misguided? Were they confused about the separation of religion and state ? Were our elders misguided or was the re-born face of political Islam imported from Saudi Arabia and strengthened by our children of Maududi in direct confrontation with the previous strands of Islam in South Asia? Why did the people of Pakistan never demand a widely political role of Islam before that time? Were the lack of such "Islamic" provisions in our criminal and civil offences a symbol of "westernization", the dreaded "secularization" or directly "non-Islamic"?

The clear answer, No. The people were Islamic and the Islam they practiced was taught to them by the Sufis. It was tolerant, rational, peaceful and allowed it to prosper.

When did things change? It started slowly with the Khilafat Movement and the Majlis e Ahrar's rise. The Khilafat Movement, a failed Pan-Islamic dream that resulted in the historical error of the migration to Afghanistan which left thousands died and landed thousands in prisons across Afghanistan and Central Asia. When did it pick up? Slowly after Independence when Maududi an his likes hijacked the narrative of a country they opposed. Later, ZAB used Islam as rhetoric and a rallying point alongside India-bashing. The greatest contribution is by any margin the historical role of the Mard e Momin Zia ul Haq and the whole mass of his cronies. They nurtured terror, it's killing us.

Why are you denying it and labeling everybody who states the historical truth as the uninformed? Because you've been taught by your books, by your elders and by your society to disregard anything that is in conflict with what has been indoctrinated into you.

A terrorist sympathizer, a terrorist apologist or a hate-monger is no better than a terrorist.

I was born in the year 1987, the same year thousands of people died in bombings, target killings and clashes, this was not common before the mid to late 80's. This was the beginning of such incidents which then become a norm, go to encyclopaedia and search newspaper from late 80's when self styled Islamic Leader Zia was being cursed by one and all for his role in sectarian violence, the spread of hardline idelogies and the dreaded hudood laws.

Ahmadies had to go into hiding because Zia approved of their inhumane treatment, Shias were targeted by newly formed organizations that fed off the war in Afghanistan. Every minority suffered because Zia brought in his Blasphemy laws. This led to resignation of some of our best Soldiers, Politicians and other important figures.

The only such incident to occur in the pre Zia days was the 1953 anti Ahmadiyya riots where the army had to move in and quash the religious groups. The same groups who were against Palistan and slowly migrated into our country, the secular army was able to give them the treatment they deserved. Ayub Khan banned Jamaat-e-Islami and it's leaders spent most of their time in jail but with the changing scenario, these groups were used by forieng agencies for their goals and they gained power.

Agha Khanis and Ahmadies were the only groups in India to give full support to the Pakistan movement, the mullahs on the other hand were against it. These extremists slowly crept into Pakistan and were able to attain a number of important roles in our country.

Most people in my country have been fooled by these mullahs who use the shroud of Islam to further their agendas. We are in a deep mess because people like Zia came to power and promoted all the illiterate extremists within our civil structure.

We have to go back to our original constitution as laid out by Jinnah, we are a nation at odds with our past, present and future. If we do not admit that this extremist menace culminating from the middle east is the root of our problems, we will suffer for years to come and eventually collapse.

Some people say they lost their Pakistan in 80's, the question now is do you want to lose it too.

Competitor to militant Islam: Daata’s langar closed for first time in 927 years…
by Beena Sarwar
July 3, 2010

The horrific suicide bombings which claimed over 40 lives on Thursday night at the shrine of the revered sufi poet Hazrat Daata Ganj Baksh, the patron saint of Lahore, are a gory reminder of the urgent need for all concerned to join forces against ‘terror’.

A little over a year ago, after the attack on the Sri Lankan cricketers in Lahore in March 2009, Siddharth Varadarajan urged India and Pakistan to forget the conspiracies and acknowledge that they face the same threat – ‘Lahore attack shows urgency of joint action on terror‘.

He suggested that “Cricket is the most visible icon of secular Pakistan, and perhaps the only competitor militant Islam faces in its struggle to tame the wayward Pakistani mind”. My response was that there is another, even more deep-rooted competitor that militant Islam faces – the deep-rooted, widespread adherence to Sufi Islam and values, superstition, taweez dhaga etc. “I fear (hope hope hope I am wrong) a major attack on any urs taking place at any of the major shrines any time soon,” I wrote at the time.

Two days later Hazrat Baba Rehman’s shrine outside Peshawar was attacked, thankfully without any casualties.

Today, as a tweet doing the rounds puts it, for the first time in 927 years Daata’s langar is closed – the free kitchen that that has fed countless hungry people for nearly a thousand years. For once even the Jamaat-e-Islami condemned a suicide attack and termed it haram (unIslamic).

Across the border in India, the attack in Lahore reverberated among the Khadim community in Ajmer, as Shoeb Khan of the Times News Network reported from Jaipur: The Lahore shrine has a deep historical and spiritual connection with the 12th century shrine of Khawaja Moinuddin Chisthi in Ajmer.

“The Lahore shrine has a chilla (a seat of prayer) where Khawaja prayed for 40 days before he left for Ajmer via Multan and Delhi,” said Syed Sarwar Chishty, Gaddi Nasheen, Dargah Ajmer who has visited the Lahore shrine thrice. He said he had called the shrine authorities and offered condolences. He blamed the Taliban for the attack, describing the conservative Wahabbi group as a threat to India, Pakistan and entire humanity.

Varadarajan’s analysis back in March 2009 is as relevant today as it was then: “The kind of threat terrorism poses requires a joint effort by both India and Pakistan, and not the reiteration of meaningless phrases like all options are open. Finding ways to encourage Pakistani cooperation and, more generally, to stabilise that country, are the most important challenges facing Indian diplomacy.”

In addition, what’s direly needed is “a shift in national culture (to) rescue the soul of Pakistan’s Islamic traditions”, as freelance journalist Mustafa Quadri put it in a heartfelt comment in The Guardian this morning, After the Lahore shrine bombings, nothing seems sacred. I’d add to that: And actually implementing the law and initiating criminal proceedings agains those involved in criminal acts.

p.s. Is the arrest of ten suspects in the massacre of some 100 Ahmedis in Lahore just a month ago an indication that the Punjab government is waking up to the challenge?

It is ridiculous that when any terror attack takes place in our country , it is blamed on India. If any terror attack takes place in India , it is still blamed on India. When we have a look at the perpetrators , they are all our people. Then these folks still continues the denial saying " these are not Pakistani." When we will learn to call a spade a spade ?
What kind of people are these folks ? This is like " if head , I win and if tail , you loose . " These are definitely mentally dysfunctional and socially unfit creatures. Living a lie and dying a lie .

I have no proof, but I do wonder - given the known corruption of Pakistani politicians and their mysterious sources of wealth - if they are sometimes bribed to look the other way at the existence or establishment of radical madrassas and terror institutions in their midst.

Yes there are elements even in the religious outlooks who prop up such radicalism in the society. Many people being poor and illiterate, there childeren endup in these madrasas being given the incentive of getting free Religious education and meals. Hence they ultimately endup in there blood thirsty Jihad ,Red Mosque is one such example. But many people are now getting awared and this trend is slowly coming to an end though it will take time.
As for there funding goes, Many people in Pakistan contribute handsomely whenever they go for prayers in Mosque and this trend is still alive. What need to be done is to enforce a check and balance system which ultimately produces the stats of how much money a madrassa or mosque has recieved as donations from people and where its being spent. Such an act would be very difficult but not impossible though. However it will take time. If the money can be tracked than this can surely help in a fight against terror...!

What a sad day. The closure of the langar means thousands, literally thousands will be left without a meal today, some without a single meal today.

I have to say that Salman Taseer put it aptly. Even Ranjeet Singh never touched Data Darbar.

Sad indeed.. Many poor and hungry people who went there every day will now sleep hungry.. So sad ..!

It is ridiculous that when any terror attack takes place in our country , it is blamed on India. If any terror attack takes place in India , it is still blamed on India. When we have a look at the perpetrators , they are all our people. Then these folks still continues the denial saying " these are not Pakistani." When we will learn to call a spade a spade ?
What kind of people are these folks ? This is like " if head , I win and if tail , you loose . " These are definitely mentally dysfunctional and socially unfit creatures. Living a lie and dying a lie .

aapney aaj india ko save kia,thank u....

I just want Jinnah's Pakistan back, is that too much to ask. No more idiotic laws, sectarian violence, declaring other non Muslims and what not.

It has to be that way or there is no way.

Although i hate how poor peoples behave there in Data darbaar and once i was about to slap/fight with some people when their ignorance was going over my head.

But it is indeed a very sad moment to see this Holy Shrine will not be served with food after 927 years of non-stop period. I don't think there is any such place on earth where there was not even a single day when food was not served. Whenever we go Lahore, my mom most of the times visit data darbar to serve some food to the poor peoples and trust me thousands of Lahori's only get their food from this one place. By only living near Data darbaar gurantees you fresh and healthy food for unlimited times a day as one or another person is always serving food to you.

A very sad moment indeed :cry: - but i guess life is more important

I just want Jinnah's Pakistan back, is that too much to ask. No more idiotic laws, sectarian violence, declaring other non Muslims and what not.

If any civil politician ever attempts to do that will suffer the same fate as BB . We might have to follow much drastic route.

This article has been doing the rounds on the net, seen it on aol and other wires etc.

Pakistanis blame US after shrine attack kills 42

ISLAMABAD – A twin suicide attack that killed 42 at Pakistan's most popular Sufi shrine has angered and frustrated Pakistanis, with some saying Friday that the solution to the country's terror threat is a U.S. exit from Afghanistan.

Most of some two dozen Pakistanis interviewed said that even if Islamist extremists were behind the slaughter at the Data Darbar shrine in Lahore, the root cause of the violence was America's war in Afghanistan, its missile strikes in Pakistan's tribal regions, and its alliance with Islamabad.

The sentiments underscored the low standing of the U.S. here. The wariness of the U.S. was all the more remarkable considering Thursday's attack was a direct assault on the moderate, Sufi-influenced Islam most Pakistanis still practice, and which the Taliban and allied Islamist extremists despise.

"America is killing Muslims in Afghanistan and in our tribal areas, and militants are attacking Pakistan to express anger against the government for supporting America," explained Zahid Umar, 25, a frequent visitor to the Lahore shrine.

Qaiser Hameed, a car dealer in the southern city of Karachi, said the attacks that have occurred in Pakistan are "directly linked with the situation in Afghanistan and the American aggression there.

"There should be efforts to start negotiations with all the stakeholders in Afghanistan, especially those disgruntled elements who are resisting the American occupation there," he said.

Pakistanis blame US after shrine attack kills 42 - Yahoo! News

not possible for the next 20-30 years at least,

we need to eliminate poverty, educate our childrens and bring revolution in order to achieve such goals. Education is the only way to bring Jinnah's Pakistan back

And that requires long period

Data Darbar bomber identified
Updated at: 1503 PST, Friday, July 02, 2010

LAHORE: One of the two suicide bombers who blew himself up in Data Darbar on Thursday night has been identified, Geo News quoted police sources as saying.

According to police, the bomber identified as Usman son of Yaseen, is a resident of Hadyara Barki, district Lahore and carried out blast in the basement of Data Darbar.

CCTV footage showed khadimeen of Data Darbar trying to nab Usman. Three people were killed in the blast carried out by Usman and it also paved the way for the entry of another suicide bomber.

Police said Usman was identified when his two brothers Sharif and Latif reached Data Darbar in search of him. They identified Usman through CCTV footage. Both have been arrested and shifted at undisclosed location. DNA test of the family of Usman including his detained brothers will be conducted, sources added.

Data Darbar bomber identified - GEO.tv

hmmm so their brothers came themself after recognizing him from CCTV footage.
seems like he was another brain-washed clown :angry: - who will now be finding 72 virgins in Hell :angry:

Back
Top Bottom