What's new

Boeing Wants Washington To Clear F-15EX Pitch To India

i personally like f 15 but india is trying to get the best by showing off their money, graphican already mention its gonna be a mess from french to russian then french again and now american it takes decades to be an expert of one type of jet and india have many many types their Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman who suppose to be the best one cudnt handle the jet they have practiced from decades imagin if monkey will get matches.

Is India becoming Egypt with platforms from too many different countries? Might turn into a logistics nightmare.
India is not buying F15. India never asked for it. So, what is the debate about?

Good for India if it does indeed select the F-15EX fighter. As a fact, the Eagle has never lost in air-to-air combat.
Su30 is better than F15. Su30 has much higher maneuverability which makes F15 weaker in comparison

Alarming news, if true.

Boeing's Indian-origin lead is doing wonders for his birth country.

It does not.

F-15 EX is far more capable and advanced than Su-30 MKI. There is no comparison.

Correct.

I don't know how Pakistan will fare against India 5-10 years from now.... With all the weapon system India is purchasing and what is offered to it , looks pretty great.... This huge imbalance will create very severe problems...I hope we are arranging relevant counter measure against it..

India is preparing and it is across the board..From Army , navy to Airforce....Everything is either being upgrade or completely replaced....

Why F-15?
IAF already have Massive Fleet of Sukhoi Flankers and upcoming Rafale Jets, whats the point of F15s?.
Starting procurement now in 2020 will it not be obsolete when it will arrive in numbers?

Ok..
But everything
F15,f16,rafale,gripen,typhoon
Buy them all...
Why would IAF buy F-15, their fleet diversity is already in shambles.
Su-30mki are already in their fleet and another plane in the same catagory is not needed.
They need to fill the gap between lightweight and their heavyweight.

Correct.

I don't know how Pakistan will fare against India 5-10 years from now.... With all the weapon system India is purchasing and what is offered to it , looks pretty great.... This huge imbalance will create very severe problems...I hope we are arranging relevant counter measure against it..

India is preparing and it is across the board..From Army , navy to Airforce....Everything is either being upgrade or completely replaced....

War is coming, they are doing same what they did after 65 war.

Why is India suddenly on an arms mass scale acquisition, including fighter jets? Wouldn't the Rafales be sufficient for their defense needs?

Suddenly ??????????????
There is nothing sudden here. India has been wittering on about replacing its obsolete aircraft for decades. It's the utter snail like pace in acquisitions that is worthy of remark. Even now India spends a far smaller percentage of its GDP on weapons than China Russia US Europe Pakistan .
Defence needs of the worlds second largest country are always going to be equally large considering the neighbourhood.
The real transformation is taking place in the navy about which Pakistan appears to have a blind spot.

Su30 is better than F15. Su30 has much higher maneuverability which makes F15 weaker in comparison
Su-30 is an overhyped piece of junk actually. Su-35 is half-decent.

WE are glad that India is not considering state-of-the-art American offerings. :tup:

India should 'maintain' strategic balance in the region like a good boy; not try to upset it. No issue with this approach. :tup:

WE simply object to American firms offering state-of-the-art offerings to India.

Last edited:
Look, i'm sure India is getting a kick out of all the attention is getting from Europe, US & Russia.

I also believe that even if India has made up its mind on the Rafales - its using the offers from other Contractors in forcing the hand of Dassualt to bring the price down on their Rafales. Nothing is set in stone, including the Rafales.
Su30 is better than F15.
You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but lets be honest. The F-15 is a Beast. I can't think of ANY Airforce around the World that would want to go up against it.

In over Four Decades, they've never lost a single plane in combat*.

Su-30 or Su-35. It don't matter. Against the Eagle, it'll be roadkill.

*That record could very well be in jeopardy if India does go for The Eagle. There's always a first time.

Why F-15?
IAF already have Massive Fleet of Sukhoi Flankers and upcoming Rafale Jets, whats the point of F15s?.
Starting procurement now in 2020 will it not be obsolete when it will arrive in numbers?

Previous MMRCA deal struck with delays... but 36 rafale deal done quickly...so you may expect faster deal ..

F-15EX claims a service life for 20,000 flight hour with an operating cost of $27K per flight hour. It may be a cost effective option after all.

WE are glad that India is not considering state-of-the-art American offerings. :tup:

Relax, the IAF just want a joy ride on the F-15's.
India will reject all American jets from the MMRCA tender....and likely place a follow on order for more Rafales.
If they can afford it - I doubt they can..with the state of their economy.

Look, i'm sure India is getting a kick out of all the attention is getting from Europe, US & Russia.

I also believe that even if India has made up its mind on the Rafales - its using the offers from other Contractors in forcing the hand of Dassualt to bring the price down on their Rafales. Nothing is set in stone, including the Rafales.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but lets be honest. The F-15 is a Beast. I can't think of ANY Airforce around the World that would want to go up against it.

Su-30 or Su-35. It don't matter. Against the Eagle, it'll be roadkill.

*That record could very well be in jeopardy if India does go for The Eagle. There's always a first time.
You are A bright mind, unlike usual fanboys.
It is least likely that India will go for these eagles, i don’t see that happening. And if by any chance this does happen, PAF will have to compromise on AZM and go for J-20/SU-35 which will be even more easily available after this purchase.

How many Su30s were lost by that logic? Su30 is slightly bigger than F15 (15% by weight), is more maneuverable with thrust vectoring and can carry higher fuel and hence higher endurance. I don't see how Su30 can be worse than F15

How many Su30s were lost by that logic? Su30 is slightly bigger than F15 (15% by weight), is more maneuverable with thrust vectoring and can carry higher fuel and hence higher endurance. I don't see how Su30 can be worse than F15
Thrust vectoring engines made it possible for Russians to bring Sukhoi family on par with American 4th generation aircraft in the aspect of maneuverability. This wasn't a requirement in American 4th generation aircraft due to relatively superior airframe designs. So this theory that Thurst Vectoring is an advantage, does not hold much water. Maneuverability does not depend upon engines exclusively.

F-15EX is reportedly a generation ahead of existing F-15 variants in technologies and warfighting capabilities. This is unofficial alternative to generally perceived 5th generation aircraft. There are no fixed parameters for defining generations - flexible.

Nevertheless, Pakistan should lobby against these type of offers from US to India. This is not good for strategic balance in the region, or WE will be forced to seek J-20 type solution, or more advanced types of nuclear delivery platforms. This isn't good for both countries in the long-term. Do not let foreign powers exploit us. WE both face ruin in the end.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom