eastwatch

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Khulna Shipyard to build Navy vessels - bdnews24.com

Khulna Shipyard to build Navy vessels
Khulna Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2013-09-01 18:15:51.0 BdST Updated: 2013-09-01 18:33:51.0 BdST

Khulna Shipyard will build container vessels and Landing Craft Utilities (LCU) for use alongside warships.

Vice Admiral M Farid Habib, Chief of Staff of the Bangladesh Navy, flagged off construction on Sunday.

The navy has commissioned the building of two container vessels and two high-tech LCU craft worth almost Tk 1 billion (about $13 million).

The LCUs will be used for swift transportation of equipment.

Managing Director of the shipyard Commodore Riaz Uddin Ahmed delivered the welcome speech before the naval chief.

The container vessel will be 75 metres long and 13.5 metres wide and 5.20 metres deep. Each vessel will have two 600 horsepower engines.

LCU vessels will be 42 metres long, 10 metres wide and 1.80 metres deep. The vessels will have a capacity to bear a load of 415 tonnes.

They, too, will have two 600 horsepower engines.

The yard needs huge investments, its falling back in comparison to the private yards. If they either privatise or part privatise it I think there is an opportunity to greatly expand the yard, I think right now they are building a number of petrol vessels, and will in the very near future build corvettes with chinese help (prob modified type 56).

I wonder if our private yards are restricted from making naval ships for export? Will have to look into it.

This thread should be in BD defence section as it is defence related matter. Mods please move this thread.

This thread should be in BD defence section as it is defence related matter. Mods please move this thread.

No, it is the "Central and South Asian" Sub-forum. So, Bangladesh threads can also be posted here because India and Pakistan related threads are also here. Why so much hate for Bangladesh, a country developing faster than India?

No, it is the "Central and South Asian" Sub-forum. So, Bangladesh threads can also be posted here because India and Pakistan related threads are also here. Why so much hate for Bangladesh, a country developing faster than India?

Where did I show hatred towards Bangladeshis?

What I said as a defence related article it should be in BD defence section.

Where did I show hatred towards Bangladeshis?

What I said as a defence related article it should be in BD defence section.

Sorry for the bad language. But, I have read also a few defense related threads here. I do not find BD Defense Section attractive because of the heavy presence of JI people who cannot think straight. They derail any thread that speak positively of the country.

I will try to put a few threads here in this section, but, I know that these will be dead soon because there are not many BD posters here. However, I quite understand your point. So, I will contribute more in other non-BD Section threads.

Sorry for the bad language. But, I have read also a few defense related threads here. I do not find BD Defense Section attractive because of the heavy presence of JI people who cannot think straight. They derail any thread that speak positively of the country.

I will try to put a few threads here in this section, but, I know that these will be dead soon because there are not many BD posters here. However, I quite understand your point. So, I will contribute more in other non-BD Section threads.

These type of people are present in every defence section. So better to ignore them or just post the thread and never look at it again. This is what I am doing in many threads now. Yes sometime you have to give reply to trolls.

Back
Top Bottom