What's new

''Blinders'' Played Crucial Role in PAF Assault

Forget every thing I have a more major question which neither India nor Pakistan has answered and whole PDF failed to point out. There are many air force experts here so will someone tell me what was Abhinandan doing alone where was his wing Man? in the entire history of Mig-21 bison I have never seen Mig-21 intercept being used alone without wing man.

Now to answer your question the strike envelope of Pakistani bomb package was high altitude which take it out of tire one Air defence range. Neither Pakistan or India uses high end air defences in the region because the area is a hot bed for daily exchange of mortar and artillery and such systems are easy targets for both sides and priority targets.
My own theory is that this wing man had the same fate as Abhinandan. Unfortunately it is going to be difficult to prove as the wreckage landed in India. I think the mig21 going down in Badgam was the second fighter. Whether there was a third fighter which was shot at or shot down cannot be ascertained.
A

Last edited:
I am pretty sure the PAF folks have imbibed the fine arts of EW!!! It’s partially about algorithms, signaling patters/processing etc. under complex geographical conditions in a 3D environment!!! Even setting up the computational bases and solving it on-the-fly (literally) is a PhD level task just for a single mission!!! And, it needs to be custom built at the split second level for the Indians and Israelis must have solutions for the “commercial export” versions!!!! And, one needs to have a pretty decent record of the rival’s EW signaling, tactics etc. while hiding one’s own....

As for the Ehl-i Iman, a single act of Hosh Amel done with Hakiki Yakin, Ihlas and Uhuvvet has a thousand Bereket in it....

Last edited:
The wing man can lose his lead especially when missiles are in the air and elements of the flight break to defend.
I suspect the lead Mig-21 pilot experienced intermittent loss of comms due to noise jamming making rejoining with his wing man problematic.
A dose of reality for all:
- PAF had the lead on Feb, 27 and therefore were in control. IAF were reacting and at a disadvantage.
- IAF don't trust their own BVR capability or they would have launched in response to PAF.
- No evidence of a second fighter loss (F-16/ Su 30 or Mirage 2000) as claimed by many.
There are videos clearly showing three parachutes! Quite clear ones actually.

Hassan Siddiqui belongs to No. 9 Squadron, he's still flying an F-16 today. JF-17s were definitely used but all the BVR engagements were undertaken by F-16s.

Where is the video
One of those videos is shown in the opening post of following thread, there are others too.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/video-of-the-two-pilots-that-ejected.604853/
Though this one is not very clear. I am looking for the other to see if they are on internet or not.

It could be the two drag chutes (main and reserve) on the downed Mig-21 deploying as the aircraft broke up in the air.
Bro i am checking if the second and third video i have is available on internet as well so i can share, otherwise i have to keep it for now. But its not a drag chute. Show clear ejection of two seats and two parachutes coming down with person shooting the video talking about a third one on the other side.

One of those videos is shown in the opening post of following thread, there are others too.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/video-of-the-two-pilots-that-ejected.604853/
Though this one is not very clear. I am looking for the other to see if they are on internet or not.

Bro i am checking if the second and third video i have is available on internet as well so i can share, otherwise i have to keep it for now. But its not a drag chute. Show clear ejection of two seats and two parachutes coming down with person shooting the video talking about a third one on the other side.

Could just be a slower moving part of the Mig that broke apart.

Let the Indians first explain as where did they pull out that piece of AMRAAM from.

I think it damaged one of their Su-30s that limped back to their base. But there is no way to confirm this for now.

Someone outta start a poll on PDF just to get everyones opinion once & for all if the F-16's were used... Let the results (among us) speak for itself.

Officially, we didn't use them - however, the PAF Officer (Retd.) who appeared on last nites India Today said something interesting which kind of surprised me (as well).
Friend... frankly who cares. these are weapons of war; not to be kept as decorative pieces on the back of a truck to be exhibited.
Like H4/Raptor II. What do you expect - it did its job for what it was meant to be for.
This silly notion of this was used that was used....
Bottom line, Su's were used which are supposed to be king of the air or others.
It is just getting boring frankly let us move on; prepare for next engagement as it will happen. Getting caught in this hyperwinding of indian nomenclature is not becoming of this forum.
Plan, plan and plan and be prepared.
You must recollect back in older times, the Gnat took out better aircraft as well. Tables can turn quickly. Best is to be quiet and improvise.
i hope you get my drift.

Friend... frankly who cares. these are weapons of war; not to be kept as decorative pieces on the back of a truck to be exhibited.
Like H4/Raptor II. What do you expect - it did its job for what it was meant to be for.
This silly notion of this was used that was used....
Bottom line, Su's were used which are supposed to be king of the air or others.
It is just getting boring frankly let us move on; prepare for next engagement as it will happen. Getting caught in this hyperwinding of indian nomenclature is not becoming of this forum.
Plan, plan and plan and be prepared.
You must recollect back in older times, the Gnat took out better aircraft as well. Tables can turn quickly. Best is to be quiet and improvise.
i hope you get my drift.

H4 is a great asset for the PAF. Responsive and accurate. They love their mirages for a reason.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom