What's new

''Blinders'' Played Crucial Role in PAF Assault

PAF No 24 Squadron equipped with Dassault Falcon DA 20 EWF aircraft , reportedly played a crucial role in PAF's strikes on Indian targets last month.
The citation reads.

PAF_24_Blinders_Squadron_Falcon_DA-20_open_side_door1.jpg

On Feb 27th 2019, PAF struck Indian targets in IoK in response to their aggression across Pakistan's AJK. PAF strike package included Mirage Vs, F-16s, JF-17s, AWACS and Falcon ELINT aircrafts. It is widely believed that Falcon ECM played a pivotal role in denying missile locks from SU-30MKI and MiG-21 Bisons on PAF air assets and gave PAF striking capability on them. It rendered superior SU-30MKI and MiG-21 Bars and Elta radars respectively, useless, and hence their wreckage was found lying from West towards East having been shot down by SD-10S and AIM-120C5 from PAF aircrafts.
Shorkot based maybe..my thoughts

Wind bro F-16 was never used that day in either offensive or defensive roll. Pakistan used H-4 strike package and that is not integrated on F-16. Plus our strike package started from naushera sector over India and ended at bimber Gali over India and exited over kotli area where Mig-21 bison tried to intercept and J-17s from within the strike package took the kill. AEW was a help to jam any BVR from enemy. But JF-17 them self have jamming capability.
You know nothing Jon Snow

Forget every thing I have a more major question which neither India nor Pakistan has answered and whole PDF failed to point out. There are many air force experts here so will someone tell me what was Abhinandan doing alone where was his wing Man? in the entire history of Mig-21 bison I have never seen Mig-21 intercept being used alone without wing man.

Now to answer your question the strike envelope of Pakistani bomb package was high altitude which take it out of tire one Air defence range. Neither Pakistan or India uses high end air defences in the region because the area is a hot bed for daily exchange of mortar and artillery and such systems are easy targets for both sides and priority targets.
When an engagement takes place the formation breaks and as it was a bvr kill so maybe only one bison was targeted which turned out to be abhi while others turned their tails after the kill.

Sure there are SAM assets, but they are not live.
Just like ours.
This will reveal their position.
Bhai kesi baaten krty ho.Its an era of satellites and stuff,both parties know where assets of counter party are.Also if u dont want to reveal their position and fire them then what's the use of them lol

Sir G H4 (upgraded one) tested and deployed on JF-17 even PAF released test video of it few days back.
That is NOT an H-4

The AIM-120 is supposed to blow up at Mach 3, disintegrating completely. The publicized "Taiwanese" AMRAAM is thus either a fabrication or retrieved from the posterior of the Mirage 2000 downed over Budgam.
Which variant?

AIM-120C5 can approach MACH 4 without any issue.

Totally agreed but just look at possibilities
a)released and Modi get defeated ,BJP next 5 year pushing hard congress ""your victory is because of PAkistan "' and they will be in bad position for whole term
2)released but still Modi wins.congress will remind him and whole country non stop""what a liar he is "" and credibility of govt goes to hell for next 5 year
Matlab hamary hath tu media nuke laag giyaa haii aisyy maroo yah waisyy what to indian sorry kharbozay ki hi lagni hai :rofl:
Would that but we don't want Modi's defeat since he is doing pretty good for us, Ab ki baar phir Modi sarkar and believe me within his next term Pakistan will witness micro nations in our neighborhood.

F-16 was used.also ispr should clarify about the 2nd pilot.conflicting statements by ispr.first three pilots,some time later one pilot and in Kamran Khan show,he said other pilot died in cmh.it is time to reveal the truth. Indian statement is consistent.they are saying that they destroyed our f-16. We need to shut their mouths.i don't mind if we lost a plane.dogfight is not easy and it's very hard to save fighter jet from missiles.also su-30s were engaged from 30 to 40 km range that's why all missed.we need to clarify things in this incident.they are hiding su-30 kill.we must reveal the information now.

I have seen group captain sultan m Hali on times now several times.he even apologized to arnab about his bad behavior in one goswami show.

Last edited:
When an engagement takes place the formation breaks and as it was a bvr kill so maybe only one bison was targeted which turned out to be abhi while others turned their tails after the kill.

who told you it was a BVR kill? I heard one was BVR but other was WVR. So question still remains where is wing man?

My own theory is that this wing man had the same fate as Abhinandan. Unfortunately it is going to be difficult to prove as the wreckage landed in India. I think the mig21 going down in Badgam was the second fighter. Whether there was a third fighter which was shot at or shot down cannot be ascertained.
A

Yes the wing-man of Abhinandan must have met same fate because he has to be there. I am shocked why is no one in India asking this question.

Friend... frankly who cares. these are weapons of war; not to be kept as decorative pieces on the back of a truck to be exhibited.
Like H4/Raptor II. What do you expect - it did its job for what it was meant to be for.
This silly notion of this was used that was used....
Bottom line, Su's were used which are supposed to be king of the air or others.
It is just getting boring frankly let us move on; prepare for next engagement as it will happen. Getting caught in this hyperwinding of indian nomenclature is not becoming of this forum.
Plan, plan and plan and be prepared.
You must recollect back in older times, the Gnat took out better aircraft as well. Tables can turn quickly. Best is to be quiet and improvise.
i hope you get my drift.

well said

Guys, for the last time F16s downed the Indian jets and the heli. Jf17 only protected the Mirage strike package, once Indians scrambled and violated our airspace, F16s on CAP mission engaged and downed them.

Guys, for the last time F16s downed the Indian jets and the heli. Jf17 only protected the Mirage strike package, once Indians scrambled and violated our airspace, F16s on CAP mission engaged and downed them.
its unclear sir that jf-17 or f-16 shot down mig-21 . lets wait for things clear

Yes, i know.
Thats why 'they' are so much troubled.
Dassault bosses are meeting nxt month to discuss the aftermath post chithraul.

PAF No 24 Squadron equipped with Dassault Falcon DA 20 EWF aircraft , reportedly played a crucial role in PAF's strikes on Indian targets last month.e
The citation reads.

PAF_24_Blinders_Squadron_Falcon_DA-20_open_side_door1.jpg

On Feb 27th 2019, PAF struck Indian targets in IoK in response to their aggression across Pakistan's AJK. PAF strike package included Mirage Vs, F-16s, JF-17s, AWACS and Falcon ELINT aircrafts. It is widely believed that Falcon ECM played a pivotal role in denying missile locks from SU-30MKI and MiG-21 Bisons on PAF air assets and gave PAF striking capability on them. It rendered superior SU-30MKI and MiG-21 Bars and Elta radars respectively, useless, and hence their wreckage was found lying from West towards East having been shot down by SD-10S and AIM-120C5 from PAF aircrafts.

The next generation of warfare... PAF played well, using blinders to deny lock on from "invincible" SU30s... Nightmare scenario for an arrogant IAF.. How many ELINT Units does Blinders SQ has... loved how PAF surprised IAF... PAF need to have a dedicated Growler JF17B in SQ 24 with DA20s... any thoughts?
3 DA 20s in blinders squadron

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom