What's new

Blast in Westridge, Rawalpindi

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAWALPINDI: Forty (40) persons have been martyred, including children, and over 80 others injured in the terror attack at Parade Lane mosque in Rawalpindi. DG ISPR has put the death toll to 32.

A portion of the mosque caved in as a result of the attack.

The fire and hand grenade attack in Rawalpindi mosque left 40 people martyred and 83 others injured, RPO Rawalpindi Aslam Tarin said

Rescue operation has been completed in and around the mosque and all the bodies and wounded shifted to a hospital.

Search operation continues in the residential area around the mosque where all the buildings are being combed by security forces.

RAWALPINDI: Officials have confirmed 42 casualties and over 80 others got injured in firing and two suicide blasts at Parade Lane Mosque in Rawalpindi today.

This is Bad. I used to live near there. A cousin of mine still lives there.

When Pakistan stops hating INDIA.

Is this has anything to do with the topic or you want to say that India is behind this attack?

Why don't you shut your BS? This thread ain't to do anything with India. Post where it belongs.

Got it.

KIT Over

RIP for dead. It looks like they are getting weaker, use of more then 1 attacker indicates it. End is near for them.

All I can say at this stage is that this was a very well coordinated attack and they had inside help and information on the timing and usage of this mosque mostly by army officers. Unfortunate for the people who were murdered by these swines. My sympathies and prayers with the families of the deceased.

The mosque was well protected but the terrorists found the chink in the armor and used a ladder to scale the wall of the mosque, jumped in and then blew themselves up. The remainder started indiscriminate firing on the men, women and children saying their prayers and also threw around 4-5 grenades.

Last edited:
RIP for dead. It looks like they are getting weaker, use of more then 1 attacker indicates it. End is near for them.
Taliban just made an attack which killed 50 people in one of the most secure places on Pakistan...and you think they are getting weaker:what: ???:hitwall:
If anything they are getting stronger.:angry:

Taliban just made an attack which killed 50 people in one of the most secure places on Pakistan...and you think they are getting weaker:what: ???:hitwall:
If anything they are getting stronger.:angry:

They are getting weaker -the are being reduced to primarily having the ability of only carrying out isolated terrorist attacks like these, instead of running militias numbering in the thousands with havens in large swathes of mountainous terrain where they could operate with impunity.

After the Swat and SW operations, I doubt anyone could argue that the Taliban can actually capture territory or overthrow the State, as was the concern before those ops.

That these terrorist attacks are occurring with the frequency they are is a result of the Taliban having all these years to indoctrinate suicide bombers, set up cells and connections across the country and co-ordinate with Al Qaeda.

Maj Gen Bilal Umar Khan martyred. The senior most serving officer in the Masjid.

Former VCOAS, Gen Yousaf injured, has a broken hand but now discharged.

10 children among the 40 also martyred.

There are reports of military officers in the martyr. Do anybody have count and ranks.

My condolences to the families of the dead.

These cowards shall not win. We stand united
against this menace and these cowardly attacks will not weaken our resolve. Inshallah we will triumph.

The Major General was the DG Armor at GHQ, several other officers also martyred, names would be coming slowly, may be by tomorrow ISPR release the names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom