What's new

BJP to formally invite Yeddy to rejoin party

Well that will lead us to a debate on the democratic systems we have and it will be endless!.
having said that, every nation in the world is susceptible and at the same time volatile, simply because of the mixture of good and evil. Well as a leader you have to live with it and in India, you cant be a 100% saint.

Hence my take will be, how much of a saint you are..70% or 30% and at any given day I will go with a 70%, what about you?:)

When it comes to Modi, everybody is ready for some compromise right?? :D

So now its acceptable that Modi can do some corruption.. All those fight against corruption can wait or can add some water to it..

Buddhadeb was "incorruptible" . Even Mamata acknowledged it for 5 years .

I though that under his supervision the pole vaulters were made Indian citizens just for vote!!.:undecided:

Sure he did. But he did not charge any money for it :lol: and that makes him 'clean'.

Think after that statement, it's a waste of time reading the rest of your post

Well we are in a democracy . You don't wanna discuss it , that's fine by me.

Look I may get the facts wrong a couple of times , I don't deny it but I did read about Goldman Sach predicting India's growth to be strong if Modi is at the Helm and Indian Inc thinks so too.

This came in the newspapers about a while back and ruffled up the UPA feathers so much that Digvijay Singh :) of all people had to comment that " Goldman Sachs should not make political presumptions " . Quite a few of the Cong top brass were embarrassed too.

Now everyone has a perspective, not for me to engage you in a political discussion if you dont want to.

Good Luck.

@Urbanized Greyhound, dont say that Yeddurappa got caught because of politics.. It was supreme country who ordered CBI rule and be frank he was one hell of a corrupt politician which can match those of congress anyday..Why are you backtracking from calling a spade a spade.. If Modi desperately wanted some votes with the help of a corrupt leader then he is in the same category as Rahul or Sonia..

Bangalore , and by extension Karnataka is what it is today only because of the BJP.

Ohh please.. Bangalore was much developed even before BJP or Yeddurappa comes to power..

When it comes to Modi, everybody is ready for some compromise right?? :D

So now its acceptable that Modi can do some corruption.. All those fight against corruption can wait or can add some water to it..

I didnt say that!!, please read my post carefully, I will be first one to damn him if he get into that mode (whether it values or not). But please read on my post again..

I dont know if this helps but have a look at this.
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~govt/docs/Winters.pdf
Corruption is everywhere...but chose the lesser evil. I am not a die hard fan of Modi or his nationalist views, but he seems to be a better option avaioable today and thats what I am referring to..

Buddhadeb was "incorruptible" . Even Mamata acknowledged it for 5 years .

I though that under his supervision the pole vaulters were made Indian citizens just for vote!!.:undecided:[/quote]

Never heard of this . So can't comment but if true it would be the CPIM top brass in Bengal responsible. Buddhadeb did what he could to arrest the economic slide but he was hampered greatly by Jyoti Basu's cronies like Subhas Chakraborty and Asim Dasgupta .

He did what was in his hands but the Singur and Nandigram cases went badly wrong and Mamata capitalized. Buddhadeb was personally clean as clean can be. His party was not though.

How is treating everyone equal translate to not wooing caste vote ? Caste politics is a reality in India and so is reservation and its privilege

Great, so in short we cant expect anything better from that of the rule of congress.. Just the flag is different, politics are just the same..

If Modi is same as Rahul Gandhi for you, then we can all see how 'not blind' you really are. LOL.

The reality of Indian politics dictates the terms of engagement. Even Gandhi knew that. Modi sure does and so do I.

Your attempt at false moral outrage poorly masks your hate and bias. You are not really fooling anybody with your self righteous stand. Take a break

Yes he is same as Rahul Gandhi.. Whats new he is putting in to the table.. The same hypocrisy, getting into power by whatever means and publicly supporting a corrupt leader.. There is nothing new about Modi.. We are going to get the same hell hole corruption and mismanagement..

Never heard of this . So can't comment but if true it would be the CPIM top brass in Bengal responsible. Buddhadeb did what he could to arrest the economic slide but he was hampered greatly by Jyoti Basu's cronies like Subhas Chakraborty and Asim Dasgupta .

He did what was in his hands but the Singur and Nandigram cases went badly wrong and Mamata capitalized. Buddhadeb was personally clean as clean can be. His party was not though.

well it was Jyoti basu who gave him the green signal, anyways thats not a big problem but still its a problem, which I can live with.

I didnt say that!!, please read my post carefully, I will be first one to damn him if he get into that mode (whether it values or not). But please read on my post again..

I dont know if this helps but have a look at this.
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~govt/docs/Winters.pdf
Corruption is everywhere...but chose the lesser evil. I am not a die hard fan of Modi or his nationalist views, but he seems to be a better option avaioable today and thats what I am referring to..

Mate corruption is everywhere.. This is what we need to stop.. People look upto Modi because he is giving media campaign that he will end corruption and become the saviour of Modi, you cant deny that some of the people are literally worshipping him.. In the end, he is acting like any other politician to get into power by what ever means..

Great, so in short we cant expect anything better from that of the rule of congress.. Just the flag is different, politics are just the same..

We expect great things from him considering his past record. But you are free to curse him.

Yes he is same as Rahul Gandhi.. Whats new he is putting in to the table.. The same hypocrisy, getting into power by whatever means and publicly supporting a corrupt leader.. There is nothing new about Modi.. We are going to get the same hell hole corruption and mismanagement..

That pretty much sums up this farce of a argument. What is new about Modi is pretty much well know to most people in India today. Those who choose to live in darkness does not need anyone to light lamps for them.

You can put a vote before the portrait of Rahul Gandhi. The rest of us choose Modi.

It is a good move to get him back into the party folds or at least BJP should allow his party to join the NDA otherwise BJP has a very bleak future in Karnataka except for a few urban pockets. In Karnataka caste plays a very major role in politics and the congress govt has already started playing caste politics for the coming lokasabha elections.

@Urbanized Greyhound, dont say that Yeddurappa got caught because of politics.. It was supreme country who ordered CBI rule and be frank he was one hell of a corrupt politician which can match those of congress anyday..Why are you backtracking from calling a spade a spade.. If Modi desperately wanted some votes with the help of a corrupt leader then he is in the same category as Rahul or Sonia..

Okay lets say I call a spade a spade . Fine he was corrupt but the "difference" here is he ate up some , and left some for the masses too.
He brought progress and prosperity which pretty much changed the dynamics of Karnataka. He ushered in the IT revolution and not just that . The various other things like law and order to go with it.

You will probably know that with increased migration of techies from different parts of India , sooner or later friction would start with locals. His administration handled the situation well , which of late seems to have again started deteriorating.

Today along with IT , Karnataka is seeing a surge in fields as diverse as Real Estate , Education , Culture and Arts. All this is because of his foresight.

If he had been in power now , along with Bangalore places like Davangere , Mysore , Tumkur , Mangalore ( in fact the entire Udupi district ) , Shimoga districts would have benefited first with IT , later with other things that follow.

Ohh please.. Bangalore was much developed even before BJP or Yeddurappa comes to power.

Beg to disagree. I strongly feel Kumaraswamy didn't do much at all.

We expect great things from him considering his past record. But you are free to curse him.

Considering what kind of government he is going to form, I suggest you keep low expectations about it.. High expectations always ends in disappointment..

thatretty much sums up this farce of a argument. What is new about Modi is pretty much well know to most people in India today. Those who choose to live in darkness does not need anyone to light lamps for them.

What you are saying are about those ad campaigns of what he is going to do for India.. Congress do have some ads like that.. Do you really think anyone gonna believe it??If he wanted to be a better PM for India, he wouldnt needed any support from corrupt leaders like Yeddurappa.. What possible explanation is he going to give about it??

You can put a vote before the portrait of Rahul Gandhi. The rest of us choose Modi

From the posts above, you really think I am a Rahul Gandhi fan??

Considering what kind of government he is going to form, I suggest you keep low expectations about it. High expectations always ends in disappointment..

I would still have a greater expectations from it than any future congress govt. For me that settles the matter.

What you are saying are about those ad campaigns of what he is going to do for India. Congress do have some ads like that.. Do you really think anyone gonna believe it??If he wanted to be a better PM for India, he wouldnt needed any support from corrupt leaders like Yeddurappa.. What possible explanation is he going to give about it??

Any more strawmen to demolish ?

First let him become PM. Then we can discuss how to become a 'better' PM. First the battle, then the war. Of course, you would like him to loose the battle and then rejoice in him loosing the war.

From the posts above, you really think I am a Rahul Gandhi fan??

No. You are a Anti Modi kind of guy. It pretty much translates to pro Rahul gandhi.

Back
Top Bottom