What's new

BJP move to deport illegal migrants - First phase of campaign to begin in a fortnight

1.) As if we dont have enough hordes of unskilled workers of our own.

I sometimes wonder about that. There is a huge labour shortage in Karnataka and this is a farely large state. I sometimes laugh when people talk about unemployment (in the unskilled category and farm workers), that simply does not exist. One reason for the industrial slowdown in India is the difficulty in getting reasonable priced labour.

I don't think these illigal immigrants would be having any documents linking to their country. It will be very difficult to trace their nationality.

I would suggest that we work with the Bangladeshi government on this issue which would control future migration & apply pressure (cracking down on hawala operators & making communication difficult to hide) on those already in to get about doing it in a legal way which might allow them access to facilities & protection that they might now lack. Also the permits so given should require them to not work in the bordering states unless the state concerned asked for them. That would reduce friction.

Last edited:
I would suggest that we work with the Bangladeshi government on this issue which would control future migration & apply pressure (cracking down on hawala operators & making communication difficult to hide) on those already in to get about doing it in a legal way which might allow them access to facilities & protection that they might now lack.

They don't want to work on it. Last time a train full of illegals were sent packing, they refused to accept them as their own citizens since most of the time, these pole vaulters tear away their Bangla IDs and then the confusion comes up.

Believe me, your methods have been tried and done long ago. It just doesn't work. Whether Hasina or Khaleda, both have been equally non-cooperative in this regard.

And we northeastern Indians especially my co-regionists are fed up with this swarming of Banglas here. It is a big problem.

Hell they have reached even Modi land Gujarat! :blink: beat that.

They don't want to work on it. Last time a train full of illegals were sent packing, they refused to accept them as their own citizens since most of the time, these pole vaulters tear away their Bangla IDs and then the confusion comes up.

Believe me, your methods have been tried and done long ago. It just doesn't work. Whether Hasina or Khaleda, both have been equally non-cooperative in this regard.

That's because we have only used the stick. You need to offer carrots - legal work permits allowing for lawful remittances that won't simply become black money etc....

Jews were not illegal migrants. This again seems like Godwin's law at work.

according to germans they were and it does not matter if illegal--- what matters is civilized laws for a civilized democracy. you don't stoop the level of vigilante style of justice or harassment.

I am talking about official groups of young men employed by the government to check. Assamese can distinguish between Indian and Bangladeshi bengalis and can help return illegal migrants.

You must understand that what laws are there in US cannot be applied everywhere.

You haven't even visited this part of the world and you're telling us about our rules. That's funny. When you have two people of the same background in two different countries, that too with similar religion on the other side of the fence, once they tear up their documents it is really difficult to identify.

Not all of them have the identification system like the police state of USA has nowadays.

Please lecture me on civilized when you stop your government from drones flying in the public, people being caught up and examined and random checks happening with 100 federal armed agents storming into a simple citizen's house rather than a usual team of police with an arrest warrant, your government department buying ammunition by the billions for 'internal security'.

Day by day, you are becoming the very thing that you fought against; suppressor of individualistic freedom.

you seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what civilized laws are . This is not a US law, these are democratic laws. Unless you think you would like India to be know as a backward country that has no regard for laws.

Last edited:
That's because we have only used the stick. You need to offer carrots - legal work permits allowing for lawful remittances that won't simply become black money etc....

That only works for foreigners that you need to work in India, for example with high or specific skills, but these are not the once that goes to other countries as illegal immigrants, but they are the problem. Btw that is not an Indio / Bangladesh issue, but visible all over the world and no country / region has found a solution yet.
There are even numbers of Indians that are going to the Gulf countries or Europe on illegal ways, destroy their ID's to prevent deportation and remain a burden for the countries, which have to fund their living or find another solution.
People simply strive for a better life and they always aim to the regions they expect to have this, same reason why so many people move from the country sides to towns like Mumbay, or Delhi in the past, while today you can even reach other countries with the same aim.

No discussion on illegal immigrants with Modi: Bangladesh Speaker

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom