What's new

BJP chief claims English bad for India, triggers outrage

I posted the BBC documentary and said I read it in a book, 'history of the world' (if I remember correctly, cant remember the author, its not andrew marr btw).

I have seen that BBC documentary, an excellent one but not necessarily correct in this part.

I have not read vedas myself, but what geography does it refer to( rig veda)

The geography of the Rg veda is quite clearly the northern part of the subcontinent, centered mainly around Haryana. The most west you get is Afghanistan, nothing further.

I have seen that BBC documentary, an excellent one but not necessarily correct in this part.

The geography of the Rg veda is quite clearly the northern part of the subcontinent, centered mainly around Haryana. The most west you get is Afghanistan, nothing further.

Yes you are right. It is centred around the Saraswati river which flowed through present day Haryana. Afghanistan was Panchala- Gandhara, where Draupadi was born.

Buddha's teaching may be some parts supporting and favoring certain Hindu school of thoughts and some part criticizing certain other school of thoughts. If he found everything he learnt satisfying he would not have found his own path :lol:

The point refers to criticism of Brahmins & vedas.....running away, eh?

Same is true for Jainism ..... the fact that they have their own sect is evidence of their difference with other school of thoughts.

The same is true for EVERY other Hindu school of thought. They all criticize each other .....which is why they have their own school of thoughts. :lol:

It does not make them any less Hindu.

That might be true today, it certainly wasn't what the Brahmins thought then...... you should really try & get to the bottom of how Buddha became an avatar of Vishnu. There might be some education there....:D

Shiva is known by the name of Rudra in Vedas
Yeah, he is absent in earliest veda (rig veda). I was referring to phallus symbol which is probably a fertility symbol of desi origin. Possibly its south Indian god shiva got merged into rudra the yajurveda god). Does yajurveda describe him in any form that looks like shiva of today (snake/ash on body) ?

I did not say north Indians do not worship shiva, so many kingdoms came and went, if king was shaivaite, he will build shiva temple. Worship of Gods and goddesses spread from one region to other. Even now, some new goddesses are created and devotees throng to the place and another mini temple of same goddess created in some other places.

:lol::lol: Well...sadly for you, everyone accepts that the Rg veda predates all other scriptures. It does not matter what stories are later told, what matters is the first references to these personalities. Hoisted on your own petard, eh?:P

:lol: .......even in the Rg Veda Vishwamitra is described as being related to King Bharatas and is not described as a brahmin. His actions in Dasharadnya Yuddh is also that of a Kshatriya. On the other hand Vasishtha's are described as a Brahmins. Vishwamitra even tries to feed Vasistha meat through the king Kalmashpad.

It only proves my point that veda's were written by Rishies and not Brahmins. The first 3 mandala's of Rg Veda is by Vishwamitra.

There is no contradiction.....................in any case in the puranas the legend of vishwamitra grows large and is fare more descriptive.

Its only 'history centric' religions like christianity that lay more importance to being 1st. Hindu religion gives primacy to vedas but other scripture are also equally important.

Viewing Hindu scriptures thought christian eyes have their own problems :devil:

Yeah, he is absent in earliest veda (rig veda). I was referring to phallus symbol which is probably a fertility symbol of desi origin. Possibly its south Indian god shiva got merged into rudra the yajurveda god). Does yajurveda describe him in any form that looks like shiva of today (snake/ash on body) ?

I did not say north Indians do not worship shiva, so many kingdoms came and went, if king was shaivaite, he will build shiva temple. Worship of Gods and goddesses spread from one region to other. Even now, some new goddesses are created and devotees throng to the place and another mini temple of same goddess created in some other places.

Rudra is mentioned in Rig Veda (RV 2.33).

Another issue here is that Hindus do not agree with the dating of the Veda as propounded by foreign scholars. For us, Vedas are timeless and RV is not the earliest. The Historical dating method has a lot of problems and is intimately related to AIT.

why do you think its centered around haryana.

Rudra is mentioned in Rig Veda (RV 2.33).

Another issue here is that Hindus do not agree with the dating of the Veda as propounded by foreign scholars. For us, Vedas are timeless and RV is not the earliest. The Historical dating method has a lot of problems and is intimately related to AIT.

I thought we are talking about history, not religious belief. Otherwise allah is the true god for some? jesus is the saviour?

The point refers to criticism of Brahmins & vedas.....running away, eh?

That might be true today, it certainly wasn't what the Brahmins thought then...... you should really try & get to the bottom of how Buddha became an avatar of Vishnu. There might be some education there....:D

Acceptance of certain parts of Hinduism and criticism of certain aspects of Hinduism by Buddha is already accepted by me. Where is the confusion ? no one is running away :disagree:

I cannot decide if you are hilarious or pathetic. ...... In an earlier post you were pretending to be spokesperson of the Dalits .......now you are pretending to be the spokesperson of the Brahmins .......telling us "how they thought then" :lol:

Buddha being considred an avatar of Vishnu is not really relevant to the discussion is it ? :azn:

And Christians continue to attempt to spin stories to confuse ignorant hindus :lol: ............why don't you just own up to your religion and spare us this crap.

Vishwamitra was a King who became a Rishi. He was first a Raja Rishi. Now if you were a Hindu you would have know that.

Maharshi Valmiki was chandaala who wrote one of the holiest purans of Hindusims. It was called Ramayana :
no offence but it is strange tht u r taking those **** n bull stories as true history

Acceptance of certain parts of Hinduism and criticism of certain aspects of Hinduism by Buddha is already accepted by me. Where is the confusion ? no one is running away :disagree:

I cannot decide if you are hilarious or pathetic. ...... In an earlier post you were pretending to be spokesperson of the Dalits .......now you are pretending to be the spokesperson of the Brahmins .......telling us "how they thought then" :lol:

Buddha being considred an avatar of Vishnu is not really relevant to the discussion is it ? :azn:

Buddha is considered avatar of vishnu by hindus, because hindus have this idea of accepting others as their own. It happened long after buddha's death. I have seen some keeping jesus pic in their pooja room, dont saay jesus is avatar of vishnu.

Back
Top Bottom