What's new

BJP chief claims English bad for India, triggers outrage

For all your tall talk, you know nothing beyond the usual stories :lol:. If you had even the slightest knowledge of the Rg veda, you would not be bothering us with your "crap". Maybe you should first figure out the relation between mandala 3 & mandala 7 and who they belong to before attempting to enlighten us. Maybe you should brush up on the Dashradnya Yuddha and who was where in that.......:D.

.....sadly for you Veda's are not the only scriptures of Hinduism. They have primacy but other scriptures Upanishads, puranans, sruthis and smritis have their own importance. Get back to me when you have read at least some of them.

Buddha's rejection of that path was complete. Should read what Buddhists said about Brahmins & the vedas. Jains were equally scathing. Maybe you should understand how the "Buddha" became an avatar of Vishnu in the first place & what sort of an avatar he was supposed to be......:D

Buddha's teaching may be some parts supporting and favoring certain Hindu school of thoughts and some part criticizing certain other school of thoughts. If he found everything he learnt satisfying he would not have found his own path :lol:

Same is true for Jainism ..... the fact that they have their own sect is evidence of their difference with other school of thoughts.

The same is true for EVERY other Hindu school of thought. They all criticize each other .....which is why they have their own school of thoughts. :lol:

It does not make them any less Hindu.

The Bhakti saints did not go against Vedas but did not insist on Vedas. The reason for revival of Hinduism in Tamilnadu especially when Jainism was the dominant religion(followed by Pallavas and Pandhyas) is that Hindu saints who belonged to various castes brought the religion to the uneducated people and teaching them scriptures in the languages they understood and got them away from Jainism.

If you believe that one can't be Hindu without the primacy of the Vedas, then you should consider many of the South Indian Hindus as non-Hindus. We take pride in our Shiva temples and the sacred nature of our scriptures - Tevaram, Periya Puranam etc and we have grown up reading those. Even the Dravida movement does not ridicule these scriptures and they know they will touch a raw nerve with the people if they criticize them.

I beam with pride when I see Ankor Wat or Bayon or other temples in Cambodia or Mariamman temple in Ho Chi Minh City or Peruvudaiyar Temple in Tanjore(famously called as Big temple) - all these are influenced by the Hinduism - the Hinduism the way I learnt and take pride in and see it as my culture.

And where do you find Shiva, if not the Vedas??

This thread is giving me the strange feeling that I don't know anything about my own religion except of some stories which I used to see on hindu mythological series and cartoons :confused:

While I will stick with my ignorance I had to add the above bolded quote as I am coming across many Hindu Talibans here in this forum in the recent times - I searched for the previous post - And now I know it was you - the same Hindu Taliban who was insisting on Sanskrit for all the Hindus . And don't bother to respond to me and keep your version to yourself.

So that is who you are ..........Thank you for posting that. I don't have to retype all that again.

I have posted a few videos above from a bbc documentary, rest what I read from a book 'history of the world' forgot the author. I have not seen the evidence myself like rest of claims about other kings and people but I trust these sources. Feel free to disagree.

Would be nice if you could start a new thread on AIT.. Needs to be discussed threadbare. At least Indians should know what the latest standing of this theory is.

Would be nice if you could start a new thread on AIT.. Needs to be discussed threadbare. At least Indians should know what the latest standing of this theory is.

It has been discussed at length here before mate. Very loooong threads. I can tell you, most people will say vedas written in India, and its all western/british conspiracy to subjugate us :sick:

It has been discussed at length here before mate. Very loooong threads. I can tell you, most people will say vedas written in India, and its all western/british conspiracy to subjugate us :sick:

No, I mean if we are still relying on BBC commentaries then probably we need to discuss it more. There has been a plethora of research including genetic mapping which tells the real story.

This thread is giving me the strange feeling that I don't know anything about my own religion except of some stories which I used to see on hindu mythological series and cartoons :confused:

I wish more Hindu's would get that feelings.

I am personally sick and tired of debating with people who are Hindus but don't know anything about it.

Teaching Sanskrit is a positive step forward which will help us reclaim our culture (religion included) and civilization. That is what this is all about.

And where do you find Shiva, if not the Vedas??
As far as I know there is no mention of shiva in rigveda... its mostly about indra and agni.
Shiva is an Indian god (south Indian possibly)
No, I mean if we are still relying on BBC commentaries then probably we need to discuss it more. There has been a plethora of research including genetic mapping which tells the real story.

feel free to open a thread mate. Dont ask me, it will be a troll fest.

.....sadly for you Veda's are not the only scriptures of Hinduism. They have primacy but other scriptures Upanishads, puranans, sruthis and smritis have their own importance. Get back to me when you have read at least some of them.

:lol::lol: Well...sadly for you, everyone accepts that the Rg veda predates all other scriptures. It does not matter what stories are later told, what matters is the first references to these personalities. Hoisted on your own petard, eh?:P

As far as I know there is no mention of shiva in rigveda... its mostly about indra and agni.

Come on friend. You have perhaps been reading too much of foreign sources. Let us at least know a bit about our religion and you can't do that unless you know some Sanskrit.

The Rudram Chamakam of Shiva is a part of the Krishna Yajurveda. All the gods we pray today, including Vishnu, Saraswati, Lakshmi are all in the Vedas.

And obviously they are all Indian gods. What else would they be?

Shiva is known by the name of Rudra in Vedas

Back
Top Bottom