What's new

BJP chief claims English bad for India, triggers outrage

why do you think its centered around haryana.

Geographical indications are clear in many places. The rivers leave no doubt (even if some desperately try to relate Sarasvati with the Helmand).

I thought we are talking about history, not religious belief. Otherwise allah is the true god for some? jesus is the saviour?

So how can we say that Vedas are merely historical texts. They are considered Sruti - timeless. Is Indra Devta a tribal chieftain or a god? If we go by the Indologists, he is the later variety which means that we invoke a tribal human in our rituals.

So when we chant this common Mantra, are we calling out to dead humans?

Om sham no mitrah sham varunah sham no bhavatvaryamaa
Sham na indro brihaspatih sham no vishnururukramah

Namo brahmane namaste vaayo twameva pratyaksham
Brahmaasi twaameva pratyaksham brahma vadishyaami

Tanmaamavatu tadvaktaaramavatu
Avatu maam avatu vaktaaram.Om shantih shantih shantih!

Meaning:

May Mitra, Varuna and Aryama be good to us! May Indra and Brihaspati and Vishnu of great strides be good to us! Prostrations unto Brahman! (Supreme Reality). Prostrations to Thee, O Vayu! Thou art the visible Brahman. I shall proclaim Thee as the visible Brahman. I shall call Thee the just and the True. May He protect the teacher and me! May he protect the teacher! Om peace, peace, peace!

Once we fall in the trap of agreeing to the sterile interpretation of foreign scholars, better give up our religion.

I have quoted wiki, you may check the reference books and links wiki quoted.

Not a good source.. Listen to Rudram Chamakam (Taittriya samhita 4.5, 4.7 of Krishna Yajur Veda) - Rudra is Shiva, Shankara and a thousand other names

Om Namah Shivay

So how can we say that Vedas are merely historical texts. They are considered Sruti - timeless. Is Indra Devta a tribal chieftain or a god? If we go by the Indologists, he is the later variety which means that we invoke a tribal human in our rituals.

So when we chant this common Mantra, are we calling out to dead humans?

Once we fall in the trap of agreeing to the sterile interpretation of foreign scholars, better give up our religion.

Not a good source.. Listen to Rudram Chamakam (Taittriya samhita 4.5, 4.7 of Krishna Yajur Veda) - Rudra is Shiva, Shankara and a thousand other names

where did it says in yajur veda that rudra is Shiva ? I know rudra is another name of Shiva, but that doesn't prove anything when there are many descriptions,details a about the said rudra.
btw once again wiki quoted authentic books, not dubious sources.

Buddha is considered avatar of vishnu by hindus, because hindus have this idea of accepting others as their own. It happened long after buddha's death. I have seen some keeping jesus pic in their pooja room, dont saay jesus is avatar of vishnu.

Buddha was a HINDU.......there was NO NEED to accept 'others' as our own in this case Moron.

Stop this foolish attempt at straw man argument by dragging in jesus.

where did it says in yajur veda that rudra is Shiva ? I know rudra is another name of Shiva, but that doesn't prove anything when there are many descriptions,details a about the said rudra.
btw once again wiki quoted authentic books, not dubious sources.

Why dont you just listen to Rudram. Its on the youtube also.

It says Rudra is shiva, Shankara. It also says he is neel kanth.. What more you want?

Im not interested in stupid interpretations of ignorant Indologists who hardly even know Sanskrit properly. Vedas are religious books and have to be interpreted by Hindus, not Christian scholars who have no idea of any context. We don't need their certificate to know our religion.

Om Namah Sivaya.

Buddha was a HINDU.......there was NO NEED to accept 'others' as our own in this case Moron.

Stop this foolish attempt at straw man argument by dragging in jesus.

budda was as much hindu as jesus a jew and mohammed a pagan. lolz.
why this name calling? Did I hurt your feelings dear?

Jesus was a Jew you freaking IDIOT .............talking to you is a total waste of time. :cry:

........tell me something .....are you really a Hindu ? ........if so, why do you call your self a hindu ?

why this name calling? Did I hurt your feelings dear?

Buddha was a Kshatriya prince of the Sakya clan in Northern India. He was a Hindu no doubt. The religion of Buddhism was founded much after his death.

And Buddhism is not really that different from Hinduism, especially Advaita... It is a kind of stripped down Hinduism on autopilot....karma being the autopilot running the ship of Samsara.

:lol: .......even in the Rg Veda Vishwamitra is described as being related to King Bharatas and is not described as a brahmin. His actions in Dasharadnya Yuddh is also that of a Kshatriya. On the other hand Vasishtha's are described as a Brahmins. Vishwamitra even tries to feed Vasistha meat through the king Kalmashpad.

Err...what happened before that battle? He was replaced as the Guru of Sudas by Vashistha. Read the Rg veda...:) Never confuse later stories with the original.

It only proves my point that veda's were written by Rishies and not Brahmins. The first 3 mandala's of Rg Veda is by Vishwamitra.

The first 3 mandalas of the Rg veda ? :lol: Just Mandala 3 my man, just 3 .:no: Btw, no Kshatriyas, no Brahmins then. All later.

There is no contradiction.....................in any case in the puranas the legend of vishwamitra grows large and is fare more descriptive.

Yup. Like all stories including his famous grand nephew, Rama :azn:...always good to keep that in mind.

Its only 'history centric' religions like christianity that lay more importance to being 1st. Hindu religion gives primacy to vedas but other scripture are also equally important.

Viewing Hindu scriptures thought christian eyes have their own problems :devil:

:lol: Keep doing that man, keep doing that. Must be tough to swallow, eh?

And Buddhism is not really that different from Hinduism, especially Advaita...

Err...what came first. Do you know what the biggest criticism of Adi Shankara was? That he was essentially repackaging Buddhist thought.......

No ............Christians like you know more about Hinduism than me :lol:

That must make it must hurt real bad then, shouldn't it ?:lol: Maybe you should give up Indian stuff (since your bark is infinitely worse than your bite:D) and try some Japanese.....Seppuku maybe...:azn:

Err...what came first. Do you know what the biggest criticism of Adi Shankara was? That he was essentially repackaging Buddhist thought.......

Cant really say that. The dating of Indian history is all mixed up, basically anchored in Horodotus's visit to Vikramaditya's court. Who knows which Vikramaditya that was as in Ancient India many kings named themselves Vikramaditya.

Advaita, in any case, is substantially different but yes, there are stories that Adi Shankaracharya defeated Buddhism bu co opting its philosophies into Hindu thought.

Cant really say that. The dating of Indian history is all mixed up, basically anchored in Horodotus's visit to Vikramaditya's court. Who knows which Vikramaditya that was as in Ancient India many kings named themselves Vikramaditya.

Advaita, in any case, is substantially different but yes, there are stories that Adi Shankaracharya defeated Buddhism by co opting its philosophies into Hindu thought.

Why dont you just listen to Rudram. Its on the youtube also.

It says Rudra is shiva, Shankara. It also says he is neel kanth.. What more you want?
what if this Shiva who is also called rudra is different than rudra mentioned in rigveda which came first, if it was so simple as you say, researchers would have had no difficulty in concluding that rudra mentioned in rigveda is in deed Shiva.it's not about belief but about finding out what is what, there are many theories at present, as a believer you are free to stick to the version you think is more possible, I am mearlly pointing out that there are many theories and descriptions about the matter.
Im not interested in stupid interpretations of ignorant Indologists who hardly even know Sanskrit properly. Vedas are religious books and have to be interpreted by Hindus, not Christian scholars who have no idea of any context. We don't need their certificate to know our religion.

Om Namah Sivaya.
they are not some fake road side scholars, they know what their job, religion is not an issue when it comes to research and study.you don't need their certificate similarly they don't need your's.

Axel Michaels asserts that
Rudra was called Shiva for the first
time in the Śvetāśvatara Upanishad.

Advaita, in any case, is substantially different but yes, there are stories that Adi Shankaracharya defeated Buddhism bu co opting its philosophies into Hindu thought.

That was my point. Buddhism was there at the time Advaita was formulated. Upanishads had laid substantial grounds earlier but Adi Shankara's great success was building on much of what already existed in Buddhist thought and offering up an alternative to Nagarjuna's Sunyata.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom