What's new

BJP chief claims English bad for India, triggers outrage

Religious texts cannot be "researched". They are highly metaphorical, at least the Hindu ones are, and require a proper context which is not available to a non Hindu. They cannot be read as books of history or as sociological sources as the Indologists are prone to doing. Even Hindus require proper training before interpreting scriptures.
Western people can learn scanskrit, can research on the subject, we are not talking about some school level researchers, but eminent scholars which is respected by Indians scholars as well as westernes, there are many of them.

Western people can learn scanskrit, can research on the subject, we are not talking about some school level researchers, but eminent scholars which is respected by Indians scholars as well as westernes, there are many of them.

The issue is not whether he can research or not. For all I care, he may write tomes on his research. The issue is why should I bother about interpretations made by a non Hindu when adifferent interpretation is given by learned Hindu sources, including the Arya Samaj.

I may write all I like on the Bible / Quran but do you think a Christian or Muslim will pay even the slightest attention to it.

It is the oldest. Any story with any personality that is present in the Rg veda pre-dates anything else that might come later. What is so difficult to understand there?

...and I have mentioned the original context. Proven !:)

:omghaha:proves how much you know. I only said "Rama", what you just proved is you know nothing.... (how easily you walked into that one...:lol:).Go find out who Vishwamitra's grand nephew was before bothering me with your rubbish again.....(that is traditionally held, so it shouldn't be too difficult, even for you)

Maybe you should pause before issuing certificates again :azn:

We are not discussing 'stories' but matters of 'faith'.

For Hindus its certainly not about 'who came firsts' ..........Rishi Vishwamitra appears over multiple scriptures of Hinduism. Attempting to cherry pick and prove something (I have no idea what you are trying to prove) does no work and is a waste of time and more so it exposes you somebody who is attempting to denigrate Hinduism without knowing anything much about it.

I am not sure what you are attempting to prove. That Hindu scriptures were not written by Rishis ? or that all Rishis were Brahimins ?

Or are you attempting to debate Rig veda for scholarly purpose ?

I also have no Idea which Ram you are discussing ......is it my cousin Ram who is currently in the US ? ...Do you have a point ? or is it mindless rambling to make yourself relevant ?

I know you are a christian ........I only wish you would admit to it. Christian certificate is best issued by the church.

The issue is not whether he can research or not. For all I care, he may write tomes on his research. The issue is why should I bother about interpretations made by a non Hindu when adifferent interpretation is given by learned Hindu sources, including the Arya Samaj.

I may write all I like on the Bible / Quran but do you think a Christian or Muslim will pay even the slightest attention to it.

as I said already their researches are at an intellectual level, purely on academic bases, when such subjects are studied people often stumble up on such matters where there is so many meanings, so many indications and nobody can conclude for certain that this it, this the right meaning , not even native pundits, on such occasions what all of them having is " theories " different theories, same situation like scientific theories.

Believer can take what seems convincing to them, there is no compulsion on you or any common believer. there are many interpretations of bible, koran etc too.

what if I repackage a bit of christianity and call jesus as vishnu's avatar, will you accept so after 1000 years.

You can repackage your biography and try to sell it as Ultimate Islam....................you have my best wishes.

I do not expect to be alive after 1000 years. Do you have anything intelligent to say ?

actually I would listen to you more keenly if you are a non muslim / christian and have unbaiased opinion about bible/quran. Believers tend to add their faith into a discussion that requires separation of fact from fiction. As long as you are not biased in the other way (hater of christians/muslims), I would put you before a practicing muslim/christian.

You can repackage your biography and try to sell it as Ultimate Islam....................you have my best wishes.

I do not expect to be alive after 1000 years. Do you have anything intelligent to say ?

lolz, you know what I meant, now you are just nitpicking my words. Try to find fault my grammar and spelling to, you might win the argument. :cheers:

as I said already their researches are at an intellectual level, purely on academic bases, when such subjects are studied people often stumble up on such matters where there is so many meanings, so many indications and nobody can conclude for certain that this it, this the right meaning , not even native pundits, on such occasions what all of them having is " theories " different theories, same situation like scientific theories.

Believes can take what seems convincing to them, there is no compulsion on you or any common believer.

Yes..................there is a version where Mary gets raped by Joseph and bears his child called Jesus.

Another theory that Jesus married a wh-ore and had kids......... many of such research are by christians and are at an intellectual level and purely academic base. Many of them are by muslims.

Do you have a point ?

Believes can take what seems convincing to them, there is no compulsion on you or any common believer.

Sorry. No Hindu is interested in an " intellectual" interpretation of the vedas - whatever that means.

I can interpret the Bible as a horror story - which ends with a gruesome crucification and the rise of a Zombie from his grave. So what value is my interpretation to a Christian believer??

We are not discussing 'stories' but matters of 'faith'.

For Hindus its certainly not about 'who came firsts' ..........Rishi Vishwamitra appears over multiple scriptures of Hinduism. Attempting to cherry pick and prove something (I have no idea what you are trying to prove) does no work and is a waste of time and more so it exposes you somebody who is attempting to denigrate Hinduism without knowing anything much about it.

I am not sure what you are attempting to prove. That Hindu scriptures were not written by Rishis ? or that all Rishis were Brahimins ?

Or are you attempting to debate Rig veda for scholarly purpose ?

There's an old saying in the law: If you have the facts, pound the facts. If you have the law, pound the law. If you have neither, pound the table. You are now pounding the table...:lol:

I also have no Idea which Ram you are discussing ......is it my cousin Ram who is currently in the US ? ...

It very well could be for all the difference it makes to your "knowledge"....
Do you have a point ? or is it mindless rambling to make yourself relevant ?

Proved my point. That you are "full of it"...

I know you are a christian ........I only wish you would admit to it. Christian certificate is best issued by the church.

Now if only that brain of yours which "knows" that could actually update its processor to let you know that your backside is taking a pounding......:lol:

You are on a military forum, maybe you should look at the old saying of "not reinforcing failure" more closely......:P

actually I would listen to you more keenly if you are a non muslim / christian and have unbaiased opinion about bible/quran. Believers tend to add their faith into a discussion that requires separation of fact from fiction. As long as you are not biased in the other way (hater of christians/muslims), I would put you before a practicing muslim/christian.

You are free to lean Hinduism from a christian ..........Biology from a Archaeologist and mathematics from an cobbler.

You ability to choose your teacher is in direct proportion to your intelligence.

lolz, you know what I meant, now you are just nitpicking my words. Try to find fault my grammar and spelling to, you might win the argument. :cheers:

I was attempting to give you an answer in your same language and with the same level of intelligence you display.

I did not see any point worth replying to in your post and that is the truth.

Sorry. No Hindu is interested in an " intellectual" interpretation of the vedas - whatever that means.

I can interpret the Bible as a horror story - which ends with a gruesome crucification and the rise of a Zombie from his grave. So what value is my interpretation to a Christian believer??

:lol: .........brilliantly put.

Religion is all to do with faith. So from a reading of plain facts I claim that the Bible is just a c$ck and bull horror story about walking Zombies. You want to value that over a christian theological interpretation?

There's an old saying in the law: If you have the facts, pound the facts. If you have the law, pound the law. If you have neither, pound the table. You are now pounding the table...:lol:

It very well could be for all the difference it makes to your "knowledge"....

Proved my point. That you are "full of it"...

Now if only that brain of yours which "knows" that could actually update its processor to let you know that your backside is taking a pounding......:lol:

You are on a military forum, maybe you should look at the old saying of "not reinforcing failure" more closely......:P

I still have no Idea what you are trying to say.

Only part I understood is that you have some desperate need to make me understand that I am 'full of it' ......was that the whole point of the debate ?

You are free to lean Hinduism from a christian ..........Biology from a Archaeologist and mathematics from an cobbler.

You ability to choose your teacher is in direct proportion to your intelligence.

I was attempting to give you an answer in your same language and with the same level of intelligence you display.

I did not see any point worth replying to in your post and that is the truth.

:lol: .........brilliantly put.

lol, I dont think highly of your intelligence either but you might prove me wrong in your future posts. If you dont have anything else to say(other than some personal attack), I would stop disussion here. :cheers:

that depends on how much you can convince reader and other scholars that your theory is also a probability ?

so good luck with the horror story theory.

Religion is all to do with faith. So from a reading of plain facts I claim that the Bible is just a c$ck and bull horror story about walking Zombies. You want to value that over a christian theological interpretation?

religious discussion is frowned upon here although people engage in it. I am not really keen to do now. It is possible to discuss about bible, its origin and influence etc without talking about divinity. (how god send his child to pay for sin of mankind.. etc)

Dont reply to me if you consider this to be a religious discussion.

Back
Top Bottom