What's new

BJP chief claims English bad for India, triggers outrage

With that single line "That is the problem with you folks" you have proved yourself as a Narrow minded person and a Hypocrite who is keen to Stereotype...........funny you don't see the Irony.

Veda's always take primacy in Hinduism ..... but that does not mean all other sects that evolved out of Vedic Hinduims is any less Hindu. Be it Jainism, Buddhism or Tantrism.

Temple worship is part of the Tantrism branch of Hindusims and that is what your are foolishly refering to as Bhakti Movment. Tevarams in Shiva temples is part of that Tantric tradition. It has different practices from the smarta traditions.

Bhakti movement is different from Tantrism. You are mixing the two due to your ignorance.

100% of Temples in India where prana prathista is done to the deity is Tantric in nature. That does not mean it does not have vedic roots.

budhism is not a sect of hinduism, its rejection of hinduism, or brahminism to be specific. Later in practice they started the similar sophisticated practice but thats not what it was when it began.

:lol: That is a story probably made popular by the Vashisthas whose rivalry with the Vishwamitas was legendary. Vashistha succeeded Vishwamithra as the guru to Sudas, the story created later is simply just that. Both are characters in the Rg veda, unlikely to have been of any caste.

And Christians continue to attempt to spin stories to confuse ignorant hindus :lol: ............why don't you just own up to your religion and spare us this crap.

Vishwamitra was a King who became a Rishi. He was first a Raja Rishi. Now if you were a Hindu you would have know that.

Maharshi Valmiki was chandaala who wrote one of the holiest purans of Hindusims. It was called Ramayana :lol: ........if you were a Hindu you would have know that too.

Rishi Kapinjalada was a Chandala and Rishi Madanapala was the son of a boatwoman. ....... do you know who they are ? :azn:

:lol::lol: Your moniker is hinduguy, otherwise you would have already been accused of being a muslim or a christian.......

Absolutely no basis for that assertion. The geography of the Rg veda makes it very, very unlikely for that to be true.
lolz... my id has got my into trouble here.. mostly with mods... :cheesy:
The evidence is there but people just dont accept because suddenly hinduism (or at least some bits of it) came from outside.

With that single line "That is the problem with you folks" you have proved yourself as a Narrow minded person and a Hypocrite who is keen to Stereotype...........funny you don't see the Irony.

While I will stick with my ignorance I had to add the above bolded quote as I am coming across many Hindu Talibans here in this forum in the recent times - I searched for the previous post - And now I know it was you - the same Hindu Taliban who was insisting on Sanskrit for all the Hindus . And don't bother to respond to me and keep your version to yourself.

I AM a south Indian Hindu u dumb fcuk ! .....and Ganga is pretty important for every Hindu....north or south, so is Saraswati.

The whole legend of Triveni Sangam comes from the mythological meeting place of Ganga, Yamuna & Saraswati. Its clear you dont know jack $hit of hinduism which brings me back to my original question .......where both your parents practicing Hindus ?

Now that I know you'r Tamil, your lack of Hindu knowledge makes more sense. Its one of the blowback of the Tamil Brahmin witch hunt that took place in TN. You have practically killed your only source of Hindu knowledge, you dont know Hindi to refer to North Indian Brahmins, you don't know Sanskrit to read any originals, and you grown up in an religious vacuum and substitute lack of knowledge with imagination to cook up your personal concept of Hinduism with help of christian western translation of Hindu scriptures, refer wikipedia and cover your ignorance by calling yourself Atheist.

BTW a LOT of south Indians go to Kumbh Mela ...I myself have been to more than one, and so have my family including my parents.

...and why should only 'hindu right wing guy' look up Savarkar ? :lol: ...any patriotic Indian should look up and look up to Veer Savarkar. (refer a good hindi dictionary to know what veer mean)

I am a student of English literature. But, at the same time I take pride in my mother tongue and culture. Having command over 2/3 languages is not bad at all. And, religion has nothing to do with language.

By the way, BJP spokespersons are very good and fluent in English.:P

I doubt India has 1.2 billion of brilliant you

@Bang Galore .. here is the bbc documentary about India.. the bits about origin start at 4:30

Last edited by a moderator:
budhism is not a sect of hinduism, its rejection of hinduism, or brahminism to be specific. Later in practice they started the similar sophisticated practice but thats not what it was when it began.

'Brahminism' is a creation of the british ........you can continue your white worship along with the AIT which you clearly take as the gospel truth.

Are you aware that Buddha spend 10+ years studying Hinduism before preaching his own path that was built around the Samkhya school of Hindu philosophy that was originally founded by Rishi Kapila.

And Christians continue to attempt to spin stories to confuse ignorant hindus :lol: ............why don't you just own up to your religion and spare us this crap.

Vishwamitra was a King who became a Rishi. He was first a Raja Rishi. Now if you were a Hindu you would have know that.

For all your tall talk, you know nothing beyond the usual stories :lol:. If you had even the slightest knowledge of the Rg veda, you would not be bothering us with your "crap". Maybe you should first figure out the relation between mandala 3 & mandala 7 and who they belong to before attempting to enlighten us. Maybe you should brush up on the Dashradnya Yuddha and who was where in that.......:D.

I dont have anything against brahmins, why cant I tell the truth without having a personal issue.

Hinduism's sacred vedas (at least early ones) came from outside. Rest its all mishmash of practices within India. Shiva was not an aryan god but hindu god, because southern influence. Indra the most powerful aryan god is nowhere now. Because the religion evolved.

I have been to a place here called 'bath' where romans used to have a deity. That deity actually belonged to locals but romans adopted her as their own and build a temple. That could be a shrewd political move or a genuine confluence of beliefs.

Hinduism is an amalgamation of different beliefs and that is the reason Hinduism survived and is practiced by many. A strict definition of Hinduism will contribute to its demise unless it is enforced by organized entities like in other religions. And that is what many fail to understand.

The evidence is there but people just dont accept because suddenly hinduism (or at least some bits of it) came from outside.

I repeat, no evidence whatsoever. Just a standard assertion with absolutely no real evidence to back it up. Feel free to debate.

I repeat, no evidence whatsoever. Just a standard assertion with absolutely no real evidence to back it up. Feel free to debate.

I have posted a few videos above from a bbc documentary, rest what I read from a book 'history of the world' forgot the author. I have not seen the evidence myself like rest of claims about other kings and people but I trust these sources. Feel free to disagree.

Are you aware that Buddha spend 10+ years studying Hinduism before preaching his own path that was built around the Samkhya school of Hindu philosophy that was originally founded by Rishi Kapila.

Buddha's rejection of that path was complete. Should read what Buddhists said about Brahmins & the vedas. Jains were equally scathing. Maybe you should understand how the "Buddha" became an avatar of Vishnu in the first place & what sort of an avatar he was supposed to be......:D

but I trust these sources. Feel free to disagree.

Oh, i do disagree but curious of what source you might be referring to. The Rg veda itself is very clear about its geography. The rest has always been conjectures. There is simply no proof for any outside origin and certainly not in the basis of anything in the Rg veda.

WOW ......documentary by British broadcasting corporation :lol:

This must be the Ultimate truth for you .............lucky you :cheesy:

I cant convince you dear, but I am convinced. Peace.

Oh, i do disagree but curious of what source you might be referring to. The Rg veda itself is very clear about its geography. The rest has always been conjectures. There is simply no proof for any outside origin and certainly not in the basis of anything in the Rg veda.
I posted the BBC documentary and said I read it in a book, 'history of the world' (if I remember correctly, cant remember the author, its not andrew marr btw). I have not read vedas myself, but what geography does it refer to( rig veda).

Back
Top Bottom