What's new

BJP chief claims English bad for India, triggers outrage

Between people who don't know English can be safely classified as uneducated and they will use basic phones.... Who know that when a call comes, they have to press green button and when the call ends, They press the red button and they never use computers!

So mobile phones only work in english and no other languages ?

They haven't got a single language because they never made the effort. Hindi is the most widely spoken language, make it the national language. Get rid of English.

The states who disagree can have their own language.

It is the height of shame and abject slavery that a country of a billion is still looking for excuses to speak somebody elses language.

People who bat for other peoplles language rather than their own are betraying their own culture and people.

Not a single country who's people are white has ever surrendered their language.
is sansrit my language? it came from central asia probably? for some hindi is as alien as English.
And each state has its own language, you wont get govt job if you dont know the local language, some states even wont give you a seat in their Engg/medical college.

Its not a matter of shame, those who carry the burden of colonialism might think that, I dont. And no, India is a federal country, keeping my own language and culture intact is the unwritten contract.
You want a unified India like germany? you will get civil war. :no:

Without the English language, India would have lived in East Germany like conditions.... Atleast this language had given some opportunities to the Indians in the West in 1960's through 1990's, Else India would be some sub-Saharan desert country known for Snake Charmers!

I am glad that Anna and Periyar did not make that happen else all Indians would be speaking khya naathi hey, khya pethi hey and start catching snakes!

Sanskrit is a language which the priests says when performing Abhishekas, India should make sure the language improves like India does for French in Puducherry! It can be made the National language of India!

And you are the typical example of the misfortune which befalls upon a country for conducting its affairs in a foreign language.

Why fix something that isn't broken? Republic of India works perfectly fine in the current set up.

India need a full range of revolution to remove traces of colonial and feudal history,or else would hard to be a first world country

I cannot agree with you enough!

The Indian education system was designed by christian priests to produce slaves for the British empire. People were educated in certain English medium schools, and taught that English was the language of 'progress'. These are openly referred to as 'leadership' schools, their children are automatically given the best jobs in government and industry. This has produced an anglophile ( British slaves) leadership that has more loyalty to the language and values of the British than their own people.

A person who doesn't speak English in India is openly referred to as 'jahil' or ignorant, and pretty much despised. This leadership has created a society where a man is penalised for not speaking the language of another people. He is discriminated against in his own country.

When you make the language of education English, you deny education to your people.

When you make the language of progress English, you deny progress to your own people.

When you interact with the people of the Sub-continent, you realise that they are a very servile group of people. They don't have that pride in themselves that a westerner has.

A German, a Russian or a Frenchman will tell you his language is the best, and in thousands of years they have not, nor will they ever, surrender their language.

For an 'Indian' that is an impossibility.

India need a full range of revolution to remove traces of colonial and feudal history,or else would hard to be a first world country

Dude your country is ruled by communist principals (atleast in theory) which is alien to China.

BJP chief claims English bad for India, triggers outrage

I thought I would be the last guy to ever agree with the BJP on something but the truth is he is right.

Why does India, or more importantly Pakistan for that matter, need English?

The best scoring countries on the last PISA test were mostly those that spoke little to no English with the top 4 spots going to China (Hong Kong and Shanghai), Japan and South Korea (all of whom speak virtually no English).

It is up to India to decide what course of action it wants to take but in my opinion Pakistan should have all schools start teaching exclusively in Urdu and every student is free to take an elective course for whatever other language they want to learn (ex. Arabic, Mandarin, English, Japanese, etc...) though I am most partial to Arabic.

is sansrit my language? it came from central asia probably? for some hindi is as alien as English.
And each state has its own language, you wont get govt job if you dont know the local language, some states even wont give you a seat in their Engg/medical college.

Its not a matter of shame, those who carry the burden of colonialism might think that, I dont. And no, India is a federal country, keeping my own language and culture intact is the unwritten contract.
You want a unified India like germany? you will get civil war. :no:

You are a Malyali, right? How are you going to remove the 90% vocabulary from Malayalam which is based on Sanskrit?

You are also spewing "Aryan invasion" garbage but I won't waste time correcting your delusions on that point.

I thought I would be the last guy to ever agree with the BJP on something but the truth is he is right.

Why does India, or more importantly Pakistan for that matter, need English?

The best scoring countries on the last PISA test were mostly those that spoke little to no English with the top 4 spots going to China (Hong Kong and Shanghai), Japan and South Korea (all of whom speak virtually no English).

It is up to India to decide what course of action it wants to take but in my opinion Pakistan should have all schools start teaching exclusively in Urdu and every student is free to take an elective course for whatever other language they want to learn (ex. Arabic, Mandarin, English, Japanese, etc...) though I am most partial to Arabic.
the issue is bad governance along with other social ills that we inherited from our past, thats what has chained us.
Vast majority of Indians are taught in local language anyway.
Lot of people make this wrong association, germans, japanese, chinese etc speak their language, therefore they are more successful. You are ignoring everything else that they do.

really news to me.does that mean officials of a place are all from local people?
in China officials of a local govt may from anywhere of our country,some special jobs are not given to local residents

Dude your country is ruled by communist principals (atleast in theory) which is alien to China.
communism is a theory or a social science.while language is not only a communicating tool,but also a carrier of culture, a safeguard of national identity.they're absolutely different.
your local language will be in danger when your country get better education and all the people can speak English well,Singapore is an example.their Chinese is getting worse and worse,not for that they don't like to speak Chinese,but for they have fewer chance to speak.

really news to me.does that mean officials of a place are all from local people?
in China officials of a local govt may from anywhere of our country,some special jobs are not given to local residents
for Indian Civil Service(top beurocrats), officials are selected from all over the country. For State Civil service, officials are selected from within state. (you will have to write a paper in local language or show certificate from state level education board).
So the lower beurocracy is always local.
Most other jobs at state level (govt jobs) are entirely for people of that state. Some organizations which are not local (say a govt bank or railway etc) conduct recruitment at national level.

Back
Top Bottom