What's new

BJP chief claims English bad for India, triggers outrage

It is surely a national shame for a country of 1.2 billion that aspires to be a superpower to use its fomer colonial master‘s mother tongue as the OFFICIAL languge。

Shame,shame,shame!

There is nothing to be ashamed about it... The language had come and mingled amoungst us and it is an inseparable part of our lives...

We are speaking a language in which almost ALL of the scientific inventions are invented! Even though we speak English, We have pride in our culture, mother tongue and our way of life!

I had see German, Japs, Chinese learn more and more English now-a-days! Are you ashamed of learning English because learning Chinese is NOT enough to earn a livelihood for you?

Indians,what is your mobile OS language and PC OS language?do the people who don't speak English have fewer chioces of sofewares?

So tell me what is the problem if I have my PC and mobile language as English? Is the world going to end now.. Or what is the problem we are going to face!

So tell me what is the problem if I have my PC and mobile language as English? Is the world going to end now.. Or what is the problem we are going to face!
no need to jump up and down.plz review my questions.it's about indians who don't speak English,or who don't maintain English well.seems they would face big problems if they want to use some sofewares if there is no local language version

no need to jump up and down.plz review my questions.it's about indians who don't speak English,or who don't maintain English well.seems they would face big problems if they want to use some sofewares if there is no local language version
They will learn English. :angry:

Even the people who don't speak English have high regard for English Language, Such people would get help from people who knows English. Such people who does NOT know English will complain themselves for not learning English rather that the language.

That is what I told earlier... You don't know India, ALL you know is belittle the nation and its citizens! We are happy this to live this way!

The English language has caused a great loss to the country. We are losing our language, our culture as there are hardly any people who speak Sanskrit now. some times i have no words.:hitwall:

Between people who don't know English can be safely classified as uneducated and they will use basic phones.... Who know that when a call comes, they have to press green button and when the call ends, They press the red button and they never use computers!

The English language has caused a great loss to the country. We are losing our language, our culture as there are hardly any people who speak Sanskrit now. some times i have no words.:hitwall:

Without the English language, India would have lived in East Germany like conditions.... Atleast this language had given some opportunities to the Indians in the West in 1960's through 1990's, Else India would be some sub-Saharan desert country known for Snake Charmers!

I am glad that Anna and Periyar did not make that happen else all Indians would be speaking khya naathi hey, khya pethi hey and start catching snakes!

Sanskrit is a language which the priests says when performing Abhishekas, India should make sure the language improves like India does for French in Puducherry! It can be made the National language of India!

sankranti
what does genetics prove?they just prove that indians are a whole different race(ofcourse with some exceptions like chenchu tribes are closer to europeans).does that mean indians have fallen directly from sky without any contact from the outside world?this inter breeding occured some thousands of years ago that now we have become a distinct race.yet we have enough proof in our facial features as to how many races immigrated into india.

Are you aware that genetic studies have shown that Indians had migrated to Australia around 4,300 years ago and the Australian dingo dog is closely related to south Asian dogs. In fact the presence of microlith in Australia is credited to the Indian migration.

Genetic studies have proven conclusively that migration happened from India to rest of the world. And this migration OUT OF INDIA happened 50,000 years ago.

In fact mapping of Mitochondrial DNA has shown that it is highly probable that nearly all human maternal lineages in Central Asia, the Middle East and Europe descended from only four mtDNA lines that originated in South Asia 50,000-100,000 years ago.

Migraciones_humanas_en_haplogrupos_mitocondriales.PNG

Haplogroup_F_%28Y-DNA%29.PNG

You do realize how ridiculous your claims of migration into India sound after such conclusive evidence.

If you consider Africa as the 'Cradle of Life' .........the map will show that India is literally the 'Cradle of Civilization'

Between people who don't know English can be safely classified as uneducated and they will use basic phones.... Who know that when a call comes, they have to press green button and when the call ends, They press the red button and they never use computers!
OMG,so they are marginalized by mainstream society in the information age. in my country even people who had never go to school have no problem reading or writing

My point exactly. They would not even be able to work in other Indian states let alone internationally.

So you eliminate english and replace it with hindi. Education in your own language and work in your own language.

The few states that don't want hindi can have there own language .

So you eliminate english and replace it with hindi. Education in your own language and work in your own language.

we tried and failed. Language is an emotional issue for desi people. You should know.
Also, English is already entrenched it will take long time for hindi to reach there. What is the benefit, just a bit of pride? we can live with little less pride, got too much already. :D

That won't work anymore. Purely academic discussion. Too much water has flown beneath the bridge.

If I have to work within my state, for most jobs, the local language is essential. But if I have to work in cities where workforce is from all over India, not everyone will understand me,Hence English (if not hindi). India does not have a single language unlike poles, germans or bulgarians.

They haven't got a single language because they never made the effort. Hindi is the most widely spoken language, make it the national language. Get rid of English.

The states who disagree can have their own language.

It is the height of shame and abject slavery that a country of a billion is still looking for excuses to speak somebody elses language.

People who bat for other peoplles language rather than their own are betraying their own culture and people.

Not a single country who's people are white has ever surrendered their language.

Without the English language, India would have lived in East Germany like conditions.... Atleast this language had given some opportunities to the Indians in the West in 1960's through 1990's, Else India would be some sub-Saharan desert country known for Snake Charmers!

I am glad that Anna and Periyar did not make that happen else all Indians would be speaking khya naathi hey, khya pethi hey and start catching snakes!

Sanskrit is a language which the priests says when performing Abhishekas, India should make sure the language improves like India does for French in Puducherry! It can be made the National language of India!

Sanskrit is also the language in which Kalidasa wrote the stories of Shankuntala and poems of desire and love. I have posted a sanskrit translation of the play Kumārasambhava.

Still sat Umā though scorched by various flame
Of solar fire and fires of kindled birth,
Until at summer's end the waters came.
Steam rose from her body as it rose from earth.

With momentary pause the first drops rest
Upon her lash then strike her nether lip,
Fracture upon the highland of her breast,
Across the ladder of her waist then trip
And slowly at her navel come to rest.

Sanskrit is/was not limited to religious texts. Great literature by Shudraka, Bhasa and Asvaghosa were also written in sanskrit.

Books on medicine, astrology, mathematics, politics, social science and economics were written in sanskrit. Kindly do not trivialize the TONS of literature available in Sanskrit.

That won't work anymore. Purely academic discussion. Too much water has flown beneath the bridge.
India need a full range of revolution to remove traces of colonial and feudal history,or else would hard to be a first world country

Back
Top Bottom