What's new

BIMARU Corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never counted it.
Lolzzz

INDIC said:
I can't decide specifically, you can try and watch on youtube, their old actors and actresses don't look like uncles and aunties. But most Pakistani movies had some similar stories how brother and sisters got separated in their childhood and the heroine or the mother or sister of hero has the name Sabira. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

@cheekybird can better tell you.
Dont tell me they've kumbh mela stories in Pak too :D

@Armstrong can you tell us some good Pakistani movies from 1960-70s. Why do one of the lead actress in Pakistani movies have the name Sabira both in Punjabi and Urdu moves. :blink::blink:

@Armstrong can you tell us some good Pakistani movies from 1960-70s. Why do one of the lead actress in Pakistani movies have the name Sabira both in Punjabi and Urdu moves. :blink::blink:

I don't watch Pakistani or Indian movies so I don't know much about them; some Waheed Murrad and Muhammad Ali movies from the 50s and the 60s are all that I've seen !

Haven't watched Bollywood or Lollywood in a decade or so, so I can't really tell !

I don't watch Pakistani or Indian movies so I don't know much about them; some Waheed Murrad and Muhammad Ali movies from the 50s and the 60s are all that I've seen !

Haven't watched Bollywood or Lollywood in a decade or so, so I can't really tell !

I watched some movies of Waheed Murad, Nadeem Beig and some Punjabi comedy of Munawar Zareef on youtube for mood change. I must say 1960-70s movies of Pakistani were really good very identical to old Indian movies, the Pakistani movies from 1980s onward aren't worth watching and very noisy.

I watched some movies of Waheed Murad, Nadeem Beig and some Punjabi comedy of Munawar Zareef on youtube for mood change. I must say 1960-70s movies of Pakistani were really good very identical to old Indian movies, the Pakistani movies from 1980s onward aren't worth watching and very noisy.

Yes !

After the '80s, Pakistanis movies went down the drain as did Indian movies fortunately for the latter it didn't go as far down the drain as the Pakistani ones did.

I hear in the past few years Indian movies have picked up and have gone beyond the usual romanticized stories laced with idiotic songs and humorous cinematography; aaahhh how splendid were movies like Aanand, Pakeeza and Amar Prem - I wish there is a return to that !

Frankly I prefer Foreign Films and Hollywood over whatever Pakistan or Indian produces; Iran is a testament to how great stories lead to great movies and not necessarily technology or funneling endless amounts of money into it !

Yes !

After the '80s, Pakistanis movies went down the drain as did Indian movies fortunately for the latter it didn't go as far down the drain as the Pakistani ones did.

I hear in the past few years Indian movies have picked up and have gone beyond the usual romanticized stories laced with idiotic songs and humorous cinematography; aaahhh how splendid were movies like Aanand, Pakeeza and Amar Prem - I wish there is a return to that !

Frankly I prefer Foreign Films and Hollywood over whatever Pakistan or Indian produces; Iran is a testament to how great stories lead to great movies and not necessarily technology or funneling endless amounts of money into it !

The Hindi movies from 1990s based on college campus life and maar-peet culture were totally disappointing, that phase has passed, I always hated it. 1980s was good for Hindi movies, they made some of worth watching family movies in 1980s mainly Govinda, Jeetendra, Rajesh Khanna, Farah Naz, Sri Devi. The old Pakistani movies are very identical to Hindi movies the actor-actresses looks like actual actor-actresses, songs identical to Hindi songs with some having same north Indian rural slang, same family values and emotions.

Any movie of my only favorite Pakistan hero Waheed Murad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have seen his movies. Old Pakistani movies had powerful dialogues and good looking actors and actresses although many Pakistan movies had same story of brother sister separating from their parents in childhood. :sarcastic::sarcastic: main heroine or Hero's mother or sister has a name Sabara, I first thought Sabara is some Punjabi word. :laugh:

I have seen his movies. Old Pakistani movies had powerful dialogues and good looking actors and actresses although many Pakistan movies had same story of brother sister separating from their parents in childhood. :sarcastic::sarcastic: main heroine or Hero's mother or sister has a name Sabara, I first thought Sabara is some Punjabi word. :laugh:

May be the writer of all the movies you have seen is same and he liked this name? Same is the case with Muhammad Ali, in many of his movies he has dialogue "Maa main ne BA ka imtihan paas kar lia hai" :D

Who winning the election ? @chak de INDIA and others?

Honestly, I don't know. The Western media and the Indian media are acting as if the BJP and Modi have won, and only the coalition permutations are to be done, to form an alliance.

I don't know though, Indian elections are notoriously unpredictable.

I think both the Pro-Modi camp and the Anti-Modi camp is going to be disappointed with Modi's tenure (if he wins).

I mean if the BJP wins like 200 seats, they may have to dump Modi to find a less 'controversial' candidate to appease their allies.

Plus PDF seems to give off a skewed view of Modi since it attracts right wingers.

It's not like Modi is universally popular among Hindus. You have to keep in mind that even if Modi wins, the party at the maximum will get around 35% of the vote.

And there are many who vote for Modi who has Congress fatigue, or are free market advocates, but despise the rest of BJP/RSS ideology.

BJP is sort of like the Republican party in America. You have the big tent of conservatives. Social conservatives, Free Market advocates and national security hawks. You can have composite combinations of these three in an individual but also have divergent views.

Then you have to take into account regional politics. Banging on about Pakistan in South India, or the North-East might give you empty stares.

@EyanKhan sorry for the rant :)

One of the most underrated figure in World history. It is insufficient to judge him just as a messiah of the under privileged of this country. His ideologies often, unlike Gandhi (a curious admixture of Secularism with Hindu orthodoxy) were not a confused or unsure one and was extraordinarily transparent and pragmatic. I don't know it will be right or not to bring the example of Martin Luther King Jr here but a comparative analysis both in private or professional lives would be interesting. I am yet to read more about these two leaders,only then I can give you a convincing answer.

To me, Ambedkar reminds me of Thomas Paine (Sorry for western references :) ).

Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, who are deified in the Pantheon of the American revolutionaries, where still orthodox men. They still only wanted the landed white, male gentry to have power in the new America.

Thomas Paine however, thought that institution of slavery was incompatible with the new experiment in liberty known as the United States.

He truly believed that every Human being was assigned by god, certain inalienable rights.

Thomas Paine increasingly became a bitter character over the years.

Ambedkar was bitter towards the Hindus. And it is obvious the discrimination that he suffered colored his view of Hinduism. Interestingly, he did not have a flattering view of Islam either.

But he played the perfect foil to Gandhi's orthodoxy. The question was, how could India and Indians claim to be free, when it's Poor, it's women, Dalits, it's sexual minorities were deprived of their rights?

I see this phenomenon all across the world. The revolutionaries of today become the oppressors of tomorrow.

@scorpionx Your thoughts on my take :-)

Yes !

I wish we could get back to the golden era of Indian film, when the songs, and the music in general, was so much better. This is a peculiarly biased opinion, of course; it is the influence of the Goan directors of orchestras and the Goan lilt in those tunes which enthuse me. There is a case for arguing that film music has actually moved on, evolved, and that it represents a different socio-economic context today, showing the distance that films themselves have come.

But I'd rather have Rafi and Geeta Dutt singing to O. P. Nayyar, sociology aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom