What's new

BIMARU Corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew your own thoughts on Ambedkar, could you summarise your thoughts?

I am curious.
One of the most underrated figure in World history. It is insufficient to judge him just as a messiah of the under privileged of this country. His ideologies often, unlike Gandhi (a curious admixture of Secularism with Hindu orthodoxy) were not a confused or unsure one and was extraordinarily transparent and pragmatic. I don't know it will be right or not to bring the example of Martin Luther King Jr here but a comparative analysis both in private or professional lives would be interesting. I am yet to read more about these two leaders,only then I can give you a convincing answer.

I suspect that given the lack of scholarly works on her subsequent fate, it is indeed possible that she was taken as a war prize by Ghauri. But to suggest that she was raped on the battlefield is pure BS. She may indeed have become a part of his large harem and faded into obscurity.

She committed Jauhar.

She committed Jauhar.
Aisa zaroor kaha jaata hai. Lekin evidence bhi toh nahi hai to either prove or disprove it. Have you come across any scholarly work on this topic? Search as I may, I am yet to find a neutral scholarly research in this regard.:undecided:

Aisa zaroor kaha jaata hai. Lekin evidence bhi toh nahi hai to either prove or disprove it. Have you come across any scholarly work on this topic? Search as I may, I am yet to find a neutral scholarly research in this regard.:undecided:

Only work that comes about his life is Prithviraj Raso by Chand Bardai.

Only work that comes about his life is Prithviraj Raso by Chand Bardai.
Yup, and it's not seen as historically accurate. In fact most of these medieval accounts of kings aren't. I guess whatever mention he gets from Ghori's historians needs to be compared with Prithviraj Raso. Where both accounts converge, that can be accepted as baseline fact. :sarcastic:

In short he had numbers in his side.Then also he lost the battle.No matter how much Arabic horses run faster than Indian horses or no matter ho much longer spears Ghori's army compared to Prithviraj's army,He should have won the battle.He also had the advantage of homegound.What do you think??
From what I know Prithviraj was captured and taken to Afghanistan and tortured for days.
His lady hence had the chance to perform jauhar.

@Indischer @SarthakGanguly

Yup, and it's not seen as historically accurate. In fact most of these medieval accounts of kings aren't. I guess whatever mention he gets from Ghori's historians needs to be compared with Prithviraj Raso. Where both accounts converge, that can be accepted as baseline fact. :sarcastic:

Even the history of Alexander's world conquest comes from his own hired historians. But the medieval poetry of different dialects in Hindi have their own melody which even modern Hindi poetry lacks. I am sure Prithviraj Raso must be melodious to hear.

From what I know Prithviraj was captured and taken to Afghanistan and tortured for days.
His lady hence had the chance to perform jauhar.

@Indischer @SarthakGanguly

That's the most popular narrative about her. Anyway, I saw you doing brainless conversation with some of the brainless trolls while I was banned.:sarcastic::sarcastic:

That's the most popular narrative about her. Anyway, I saw you doing brainless conversation with some of the brainless trolls while I was banned.:sarcastic::sarcastic:
Umair???
I dont have conversations with trolls...i just troll the trolls.:P
Why were you banned this time??

@jaatram haazir ho!!! :P

Umair???
I dont have conversations with trolls...i just troll the trolls.:P
Why were you banned this time??

Chinese! half of a dozen of them together. :sarcastic::sarcastic: The Chinese mod banned me. 8-)8-)

Chinese! half of a dozen of them together. :sarcastic::sarcastic: The Chinese mod banned me. 8-)8-)
How many times 've you got banned???
And isnt arguing with Chinese like banging on the wall??
Did you by anyyy chance use offensive language?? Because I have also picked up some ugly fights with Chinese but somehow escaped the hammer.

How many times 've you got banned???
And isnt arguing with Chinese like banging on the wall??
Did you by anyyy chance use offensive language?? Because I have also picked up some ugly fights with Chinese but somehow escaped the hammer.

I never ever use foul languages. The guy was claiming India never existed and then the rebuttal begin with me vs them. :sarcastic: Anyway, I had been watching some Pakistani movies from 1960-70s for the mood change, they made good movies back then very identical to Bollywood movies, heroines in Saree, girls dancing in ghagra and use of UP-Bihar slang in songs and same type of Bollywood emotions and family values. The Pakistani movies from 1980s onward are complete garbage.

I never ever use foul languages. The guy was claiming India never existed and then the rebuttal begin with me vs them. :sarcastic:
Hmmm
So how many bans have you got till now??

INDIC said:
Anyway, I had been watching some Pakistani movies from 1960-70s for the mood change, they made good movies back then very identical to Bollywood movies, heroines in Saree, girls dancing in ghagra and use of UP-Bihar slang in songs and same type of Bollywood emotions and family values. The Pakistani movies from 1980s onward are complete garbage.
Nevah tried Pakistani movies.:-)
Btw if I ask you to pick one of your fav which one would it be???

Hmmm
So how many bans have you got till now??

Never counted it. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Nevah tried Pakistani movies.:-)
Btw if I ask you to pick one of your fav which one would it be???

I can't decide specifically, you can try and watch on youtube, their old actors and actresses don't look like uncles and aunties. But most Pakistani movies had some similar stories how brother and sisters got separated in their childhood and the heroine or the mother or sister of hero has the name Sabira. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

@cheekybird can better tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom