What's new

BIMARU Corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you blame them? When a single CBG can make most nations of the world quake and the Mighty Eighth forms the Air Force Global Strike Command then the temptation to act unilaterally increases exponentially. The point is to view it in the context of history, imagine a Caesar or an Ashoka, who both are the quintessential representatives of corresponding super-powers, with such a force at their disposal. They would have drenched the world in blood. Can you imagine Great Britain of old in its ye olde colonial days having such a quantum of force at its disposal and not demolishing a country or two in its pursuit for modestly priced tea? The point of using such anachronisms which might seem childish is to point out that America had been a more tolerant super-power than its predecessors.

In summation though, only a fool would ignore the fact that like any sane nation America too is driven by enlightened self interest and therefore should not be expected to be an "all weather friend", thankfully we have never been plagued by that particular asinine opinion and furthermore have never needed an A.W.F.
Oh no doubting any of this! If you can- you will, this is how humans work.

With respect to the "tolerant super power" part, I'd argue there were a number of facets to this. 1)The information age leaves them exposed anytime they want to commit any atrocities- both at home and abroad this will be played out. 2) In the past colonisers had no/little accountability to their people (they were ruled over), in a democracy like the US there is still (some) accountability so the executives/leaders can not do what they like- even this has its limits though, the US people were all too willing to go to Iraq even though this had nothing to do with anything. 3) context is everything, we would like to think we are more civilised and compassionate today than in the past especially towards our fellow human beings. 4) Again contextually speaking the weapons of today are far more deadly with greater reach than they have ever been-and even the US's supreme conventional military power has its limits (MAD and so forth).

Of course these all fit together and contribute to the other, who knows, if we were living in an age where the US was an autocratic state and the internet revolution had never happened what the world would look like today and what the US would be doing....

Couldn't agree more about the fallacy of the A.W.F on the international stage. As they say, "there is no such thing as permeant friends, only permanent interests". An country/person wanting to delude themselves they have A.W.Fs is going to find out the hard way how foolish this idea is......

When Scumbags are Short on Substance 'SOS', the only thing they are left with is Personal Retort. :rofl:

The one you posted in music thread the other day.Or atleast tell me her name, I 'll do the

Its just a phase yaar ;)

Open that song in a new web browser, you'll get your answer.

Last edited:
@kbd-raaf How goes life yonder down under?

I shall be expecting a customary appreciation of my avatar, no one gets away with not praising the wise lemur.

I didn't see this :O

I'm good mate, unis only been going for a week and it's been hectic already. Too many things to do not enough time to do it all. How's stuff with you?

Not even joking, when I first saw your new dp I opened up your profile and stared at for a while :P

I didn't see this :O

I'm good mate, unis only been going for a week and it's been hectic already. Too many things to do not enough time to do it all. How's stuff with you?

Not even joking, when I first saw your new dp I opened up your profile and stared at for a while :P

The wise Lemur is waiting for the sun to rise so that he may meditate upon its glory.

@boomslang Indians do not get water borne diseases because they are using Indian toilet. In USA there were 575,457 cases of illness and 79 deaths due to water borne diseases. In India there were 100,000 deaths annually due to waterborne disease that is due to inaccessibility of medical care in certain areas.

@godofwar I had posted that song a Fortnight ago. You won't understand even a single word of the song. You can watch the singer dawning a Bikini. :ashamed:

@godofwar I had posted that song a Fortnight ago. You won't understand even a single word of the song. You can watch the singer dawning a Bikini. :ashamed:

You mean love will save the world ?
I copy pasted then googled it hehe

She made quite the impression on me when you posted that vid

She is ahemmm...very talented :D

You mean love will save the world ?
I copy pasted then googled it hehe

She made quite the impression on me when you posted that vid

She is ahemmm...very talented :D

Cough Cough. :sarcastic:

I ain't interested. :)

Ok fine.
I like listening to other countries music.I know a few Israeli, South Korean, French,German, Italian and now Russian songs.
Waise how did you come to know of Russian songs, have you lived there ?,
If you don't mind me asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom