What's new

Biman will become the South Asian Emirates : Negotiation for four more 787-9s starts

The Ronin

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Biman might become a giant in South Asia.

The South Asian Airline industry is witnessing a rising star from Bangladesh. Biman Bangladesh is getting all the attention in South Asia after it acquired the Boeing 787 Dreamliner with two options. The airline is not only witnessing a positive image building across the region but the increase in productivity is also noticed.

Biman Bangladesh Airlines earned a profit of Tk 272 crore in the last fiscal year after incurring a loss in 2017-18 Financial year. State Minister for Civil Aviation and Tourism M Mahbub Ali announced in July 2019. The airline’s revenue for the fiscal year was 5,791 crore Tk and 5,519 crores TK was cut in expenditures. After the induction of Boeing 787-9s, the airline is increasing the frequency of its high yield routes.

Rapid Expansion
Another news popped up last week that Biman Bangladesh is eyeing for six more aircraft. The new ambition is part of a plan to expand the fleet eventually to become the best airline in Asia. The order is consisting of turboprop Dash 8 Q400 manufactured by Canadian Bombardier. The negotiations will be started between both parties soon. A total of two Dash 8s are expected.

Moreover, Biman is aiming for another four Boeing 787-9. The deferred order from Indian Vistara could be taken by Biman as they are in negotiations with Boeing already to settle a deal. The decision is still pending and Biman is expecting to crack a deal with a lucrative price. Biman has seen a rapid fleet expansion and significant improvement in performance in terms of carrying larger numbers of passengers and earning profits.

Future prospects?
With the current pace on expansion plans, Biman could become the Emirates of the region. The product offered on the Boeing 787 fleet is state of the art. If Biman would sustain such product and service on the majority of its network, with expanding wings to new destinations as well, The chances of Biman becoming the best carrier in South Asia are extremely immense.

https://www.aviationgeeks1.com/commercial-aviation/biman-will-become-the-south-asian-emirates/

https://www.defseca.com/civil-aviat...UqZyIM7JQjXbvDIcbTFPXvL8HOqKyjtP6z8slEzJ02pls

Last edited:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: what a stupidity man . with 10 aircraft's in last 50 years service :hitwall:

air blue will be ittehad in this case :rofl:

while dahaka airport have one runway 8 boarding bridges and 18 slots on apron. if at a time 15 wide body aircraft's arrived here airport will shut down

Last edited:
What does Hilsa taste like 30000ft suspended between Heaven and Empire of Mother of Humanity?
Hilsa tastes fantastic :smitten::smitten:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: what a stupidity man . with 10 aircraft's in last 50 years service :hitwall:

https://simpleflying.com/shocking-5-pakistan-international-airlines-pilots-flew-without-licenses/
Shocking: 5 Pakistan International Airlines Pilots Flew Without Licenses
Five PIA pilots found underqualified to 'even drive a bus'

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2019/03/21/drunk-pia-pilot-suspended/
‘Drunk’ PIA pilot suspended

:haha:

Who put up that title? Finding similarity of Biman with Emirates is ridiculous. But Biman can become a small but respected airlines. These latest generation aircraft addition is most welcome.

Yep, desperate Boeing is likely to give a nice discount on those 4 787s.

LOL comparing Biman to Emirates is asinine.

But getting more -9 Dreamliners is a good thing!

I dunno, I was pretty ecstatic when they got the two extra B789s cancelled by Hunan Airlines a month ago. But now things are getting a bit on the scary side that we're taking in four more B789 birds cancelled by Vistara.

I don't know if they have routes to utilize these aircraft or they're just looking to get graft paid off by aircraft purchases. I mean good deals are good deals, but c'mon look at the size of the fleet now...:o:

while dahaka airport have one runway 8 boarding bridges and 18 slots on apron. if at a time 15 wide body aircraft's arrived here airport will shut down

Biman operated total 40 aircraft in last 47 years including 18 in service currently with at least 10 more in the pipeline for future. Third terminal will have apron for 37 aircrafts and 12 boarding bridges to handle approximately 12 million additional passengers and 300000 tons additional cargo. Feasibility study for second runway was already done.

Last edited:
UAE has deep pockets with petro dollar to subsidize their flag carrier which is a luxery no other top airliner can afford. It is a very low margin industry as well as a potential white elephant for any sane government to bear. It is interesting to see how BD is going to sustainably subsidize their national carrier.

Last edited:
I dunno, I was pretty ecstatic when they got the two extra B789s cancelled by Hunan Airlines a month ago. But now things are getting a bit on the scary side that we're taking in four more B789 birds cancelled by Vistara.

I don't know if they have routes to utilize these aircraft or they're just looking to get graft paid off by aircraft purchases. I mean good deals are good deals, but c'mon look at the size of the fleet now...:o:

Perhaps.

But one thing is becoming clear.

Bangladesh has deeper pockets than in years past.

Biman now has aggressive route expansion plan. Just a few days ago they reopened Manchester-Sylhet-Dhaka route. I have heard them to start New York, Sydney, Guangzhou, Chennai, Male, Colombo and some other routes in near future. Biman has past behind it's lowest ebb, now it is time to climb the ladder. Our passenger growth is around 8-10 percent every year. I am optimistic about utilization of these new aircraft.

Biman operated total 40 aircraft in last 47 years including 18 in service currently with at least 10 more in the pipeline for future. Third terminal will have apron for 37 aircrafts and 12 boarding bridges to handle approximately 12 million additional passengers and 300000 tons additional cargo. Feasibility study for second runway was already done.
You did not get it sir .beman operated in past 40 or whatever aircraft but matter is afyer 50 years they own 10 aircraft and then 4 of them being paid to leasing bank 787 dreamliners are not yet owned by biman but banks until payment clear 5 years .biman have total 16 aircrafts and 6 of them leased please check again .airport will matter today not will be shell be eyc . In real world bd have very veery poor airport wrose then bis stands . Come back when you have the new airports

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom