What's new

Biggest deal: IAF may buy 189 jets for $20bn

And what you want to prove here? you want to say that AESA is jst for MRCA and no aircraft in FX-2 competition was offered with AESA, For you kind info

F-16 Block 60 in FX-2 had AESA radar
F-18 E/F super hornet had AESA radar
Saab Gripen NG has proposed AESA as was the case in MRCA

EF and Rafale didn't had AESA available as that will be available sometime around 2012-2013 ,

Why are you basing your claims solely on Russian offerings or SU-35 , if Russia was not offering AESA does that mean that the whole deal became a deal with bunch of obsolete aircrafts , Come out of this "we are best no matter wat we do" mentality kid. I m done with you , keep on saying wateva you want it will surely be not worthy of reply

AESA was one of the Main criteria......for MMRCA Su 35 participating without one itself proves that AESA was not the main criteria in F-X2......so the Case is not as it was the case in MMRCA at least on this point......I did not say obsolute aircrafts I said inferior electronics.....and the electronic requirements mentioned in MMRCA tender was far higher than that of F-X2 tender........go and read before framing imaginary words quoted by me out of no where...........

You comments start revolving around the stuff like school, kid, son, troll....etc as most of your types do.......... when you see your point being proved wrong......the matter really is that NO BIGGER COMPETITION HAD HAPPENED FOR COMBAT PLANES IN THE SCALE OF MMRCA..........a thing which every Indian Member agrees with........yes you are not worth replaying such stuff since your mentality cannot see any thing big happening in the eastern neighborhood so don't waste your time replying.

ToT has never been the criteria for Brazilian tender, and their evaluation is driven by political pressure and not by technical evaluations. Their govt is heavily inclined towards F-18SH.

That's not correct! ToT, industrial advantages and independance from US pressure, or sanctions was even a prime factor why the Rafale came out very good of the evaluations and why it was prefered by the government. However, Brazil is facing budget cuts and elected a new president, which is trying to improve the relations to the US, instead of beeing more independent, that's the only reason why the F18SH now has chances to win. Earlier the competition was between Rafale and Gripen, now it's most likely between Rafale and F18SH.

you mean you are she not he ?:coffee:

yes.i am "she" and not "he".

let me make things more clear.:

mmrca tender is qualified to be called the "mother-of-all deals"because,:

1.a large no . of planes are to be brought(126+)
2.there are 6 competitors,and all are among the best.
3.the winner is chosen by the results of competition between these jets.
4.the deal also house full ToT and local production.

p.s:i shall add more points i anything more comes to my mind.

its called sense. western also identifies he or she by name.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
just leave it yaaaaaaaaar!
anyway thanks for the support brother!
enikum chodikanum parayanum aalkarundalo!

The European-made Typhoon fighter is winning the fight for the $11.5bn (£7.1bn) contract to supply 126 fighters to the Indian Air Force in a deal worth $5 billion and 2,000 new jobs to Britain.

The multi-role combat aircraft, manufactured by a joint venture between Britain's BAE Systems, Italy's Alenia Aeronautica and the German-Spanish giant EADS, has come top in the Indian Air Force's technical assessment of rival bids, beating the American F16 and F18s, the Russian MiG 35 and its closest rival, the French Dassault Rafale.

If the Typhoon clinches the deal, India would become the consortium's third-largest customer and an unofficial "fifth partner" in the project. Thousands of new jobs would also be created in India, including a new EADS avionics plant. "The Indians would be one of the biggest users of Typhoon, which would give them a vote at the table," one official said last week.

Britain, Germany, Italy and Spain are waging a joint diplomatic campaign to support the Typhoon bid, with the leaders of all four countries expected to raise the issue in meetings with India's prime minister, Dr Manmohan Singh, at next week's G20 meeting in Seoul. David Cameron is expected to lobby Dr Singh in a bilateral meeting at the summit.

A senior Indian official has told The Sunday Telegraph that its air force's technical findings have been forwarded to the defence ministry, where a final decision is expected to be made in the next few months.

"There are a number of cost and strategic considerations which still have to be looked at, but in purely technical terms, Eurofighter is ahead," the official said.

The disclosure is a significant boost for the Typhoon consortium, but it must now address Indian concerns that the Eurofighter is more expensive than its competitors in upfront costs. British, German, Spanish and Italian officials are confident however that it will be cheaper than its competitors over the lifetime of its deployment.

Air Chief Marshal Sir Stephen Dalton, head of the Royal Air Force,said the Typhoon's unique advantage is an integrated platform for its weapons, radar and intelligence- gathering systems. "It has this flexibility and adaptability at any one time," he said. Sir Stephen previously headed Britain's Typhoon development programme at the Ministry of Defence. (From Telegraph)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom