What's new

Betrayed, Arabized

If the Quran is not understood, no point in memorizing it my friend.
Agree. Do those who memorize it without as much as understanding the language know this?
Translation can cause the meaning of the text and it's soul to be misunderstood, while TAFSIR is meaning and 'mafhoom'of the Arabic text.
Whats the difference? You take the gist out of the whole work without understanding the language - word for word? Who gives you the 'gist' if you cannot understand Arabic? So in that gist - doesnt the translation lose some of the values?
The Quran is not a story like your mahabharata, it is a book explaining the best way of life. So the meaning and Mafhoom is not to be understood word for word, unlike a story, you have to remember the story word by word and put all the sequences together.
Well, if you consider the Mahabharata a story, so be it. I do too. But then you will be surprised to find that the teachings of both the Quran and the verses which make up the Bhagvad Gita - a poem within the epic (story) Mahabharata, are very similar.

If I had given a buck everytime a pakistani utter indian inferiority complex, I'd have become a millionaire by now! :s

I am a Jatt because my people are - LoL we don't need a certificate from an indian for our heritage - an ethnicity has nothing to do with the Hindu religion, this is again the indian inferiority complex in action.

well,this is not my opinion.I come from a different land,this is the opinion of very good Jatt friends of mine,who would rather die than convert to a religion which curbs their independence.

And Jatt Hindus are also Jatts only dude.They dont identify themselves a s anything else.They happen to be hindu because they disagree with all other religions,thats all.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Nah, Arabs dont watch bollywood, at least not Omani Arabs.

oh what are u saying man?They watch bigtime.I have many Omani friends who do and their sisters and mom(s) are crazy about it.They do in Qatar also and definitely in the emirates.

he was paid by the brits to and of course he gets what he deserves,to be the boss of a country.Otherwise,in a unified country he has to serve below a ***** like Nehru,which is not fair to his aukat,which i completely agree upon as he is a stud.

The Quaid when he realized that the INC meant to keep Muslims like they do the shudras made the decision for Pakistan - but Pakistan as a cultural and political identity has existed for millennia.

You'll have to call upon a psychic to ask her sweet soul - rest in peace.

The Quran is in Arabic, isnt it? So even if millions memorize it, how many of them actually do understand what they memorize - word for word?
About the Zabar se le ke pesh tak, you should read the Gita (not even the entire Mahabharata) to really know what it talks about. This deriding and underestimation of epic works of literature shows lack of maturity, knowledge and understanding - the complete anti-thesis of what Islam stands for! Prove me wrong here.

you are right in the "prove me wrong" bit.
Quran works in a different way than your average text book or novel.
just reciting it gives us tranquility and spiritual peace...
something the non beleivers cant understand.

Confused about us - and therefore about their own identity, many indians have still not accepted the fact of independence of Pakistan, whenever I have gone to india - people always question partition - get over it - it's ancient history - 64 years have past.

Some people are stuck up and dumb that way.. You have your fair share of the ones who still harp about Kashmir which is also as ancient a history - 64 years :)

Confused about us - and therefore about their own identity, many indians have still not accepted the fact of independence of Pakistan, whenever I have gone to india - people always question partition - get over it - it's ancient history - 64 years have past.
Seriously? So according to you, Indians being confused about Pakistanis = being confused about ourselves? Pray tell me according to what theory/facts/results/observations does being confused about another's identity equals being confused about ones own identity? I always thought it was the other way around! So what does it say about you when you accuse us of being confused about you!!

Your belief that Indians dont accept Pakistan is illogical and baseless. Period. People questioning Partition does NOT mean they question Pakistan's existence. It means they want to understand the politics of the event and its aftermath - basically asking "howz that working for you?" That is a very loaded question, if you can ponder over it.

well,this is not my opinion.I come from a different land,this is the opinion of very good Jatt friends of mine,who would rather die than convert to a religion which curbs their independence.

And Jatt Hindus are also Jatts only dude.They dont identify themselves a s anything else.They happen to be hindu because they disagree with all other religions,thats all.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

oh what are u saying man?They watch bigtime.I have many Omani friends who do and their sisters and mom(s) are crazy about it.They do in Qatar also and definitely in the emirates.

A person belonging to a certain ethnicity can belong to any religion - you do know that there are Arabs who are Jews and Christians and animists - do you not???

They are simply obsessed with us. This thread proves it. Be careful if you go to the toilet make sure you flush it because they may be interested in what you ate the day before........

well dude,ur perfect contradictions are a class of its own.Is that why you guys have so many stereotypes of us,whereas we admit our ignorance when it comes to our knowledge about you guys?

And by your idea,a man should stay within his pind and bother only about what happens over there.If he wanders out and has curiosity about what happens,then automatically he has a faecal fetish?

Then what the phuck are you doing in Huddersfield,why dont u get back to Rawalpindi?

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

A person belonging to a certain ethnicity can belong to any religion - you do know that there are Arabs who are Jews and Christians and animists - do you not???

yeah and they dont have a goodtime doing so.

you are right in the "prove me wrong" bit.
Quran works in a different way than your average text book or novel.
just reciting it gives us tranquility and spiritual peace...
something the non beleivers cant understand.

I can say the exact same words about Hindu scriptures/verses/poems and prayers! Although Hinduism doesnt have the concept of so called 'non-believers'.

Agree. Do those who memorize it without as much as understanding the language know this?

Whats the difference? You take the gist out of the whole work without understanding the language - word for word? Who gives you the 'gist' if you cannot understand Arabic? So in that gist - doesnt the translation lose some of the values?

Well, if you consider the Mahabharata a story, so be it. I do too. But then you will be surprised to find that the teachings of both the Quran and the verses which make up the Bhagvad Gita - a poem within the epic (story) Mahabharata, are very similar.

The translation gives us the gist of the Quran. But that translation is not word for word. It gives us a whole idea of the surah, ayat, or ruku. Word for word is very difficult to understand. I tried it once. The word for word makes no meaning at first sight. The whole order of the ayat is messed up in translation. But a tafsir for the same is very easy. Through tafsir , the exact way of doing a certain thing will be understood much better than the exact translation to a Non-Arab.

I dont know much about Mahabharata, so pardon me.

I can say the exact same words about Hindu scriptures/verses/poems and prayers! Although Hinduism doesnt have the concept of so called 'non-believers'.

do me a favour and stick to the thread.if you want to discuss hinduism start another thread.

Some people are stuck up and dumb that way.. You have your fair share of the ones who still harp about Kashmir which is also as ancient a history - 64 years :)

I have been to parties - (in india,had a whale of a time) and the thing they ask is, always about partition, conversion etc etc. at times it can get quite embarrassing for the hosts, and they do try to change the subject. ;)

The Quaid when he realized that the INC meant to keep Muslims like they do the shudras made the decision for Pakistan - but Pakistan as a cultural and political identity has existed for millennia.

Thats one of the twisted lies of the quaid just like those of other politicians.INC is a minority loving,self loathing,apologist party.Why would they ever keep the muslims aside?

Moreover,the reality is the progressive muslims/educated ones who would never do anything delibrately to uplift people of their community who are poor.They only care about how to get ahead further and this is even more true amongst hindus.

Yawn ! there are a billion two of us. There are probably many who think the earth is flat. They are the same as the guys who are interested in partition in the sense of decrying it. The rest of us have long moved on. Wait another generation & once the last of those who remember pre-partition days slip out of the scene, there will almost certainly be no connection whatsoever. Personally, being from Bangalore, I think partition was the best thing that happened to us. We have more in common with the U.S. than we do with you. Past is past, nothing there for us.

Back
Top Bottom