What's new

Betrayed, Arabized

you are right in the "prove me wrong" bit.
Quran works in a different way than your average text book or novel.
just reciting it gives us tranquility and spiritual peace...
something the non beleivers cant understand.

Went to the taraweeh yesterday, the Arab Imam recited the Verses like a song, up tone, low tone and all the things. Although i did not understand one word, is enjoyed it thoroughly.

Thats one of the twisted lies of the quaid just like those of other politicians.INC is a minority loving,self loathing,apologist party.Why would they ever keep the muslims aside?

Moreover,the reality is the progressive muslims/educated ones who would never do anything delibrately to uplift people of their community who are poor.They only care about how to get ahead further and this is even more true amongst hindus.

Watch your tongue, about the Quaid - he is regarded as the Father of Our Nation. :pakistan:

The translation gives us the gist of the Quran. But that translation is not word for word. It gives us a whole idea of the surah, ayat, or ruku. Word for word is very difficult to understand. I tried it once. The word for word makes no meaning at first sight. The whole order of the ayat is messed up in translation. But a tafsir for the same is very easy. Through tafsir , the exact way of doing a certain thing will be understood much better than the exact translation to a Non-Arab.
I understand what you mean by translation. Thats why we have the quote - "lost in translation". But then again, the gist is given by a person who understands Arabic far better than another language. So in that gist - dont you think some essence is lost? Again, I have read English versions of the Mahabharat and the Gita (tried to read those in Sanskrit - I am very bad in understanding the language!) and I get a pretty good idea what is being conveyed. So there are works of translation of the Quran which can give you a very clear picture than hearing a gist from someone else.
I dont know much about Mahabharata, so pardon me.
No worries.

Yawn ! there are a billion two of us. There are probably many who think the earth is flat. They are the same as the guys who are interested in partition in the sense of decrying it. The rest of us have long moved on. Wait another generation & once the last of those who remember pre-partition days slip out of the scene, there will almost certainly be no connection whatsoever. Personally, being from Bangalore, I think partition was the best thing that happened to us. We have more in common with the U.S. than we do with you. Past is past, nothing there for us.

Thank you for agreeing with us, my friend - and you are right there is no similarity. :)

I can say the exact same words about Hindu scriptures/verses/poems and prayers! Although Hinduism doesnt have the concept of so called 'non-believers'.

well then you just ansewred yourself....

haha,Thats your problem.I have family that is very high up in power circles and trust me bro,there is no saint in politics and i am absolutely sure of what i said about Jinnah and i have similar things about hindu leaders also and there is no great pedestal about any of them,they are all usual oppurtunist politicans.

But i respect them nonetheless for their ability and talent but that doesn't make them a saint.

The only person worthy of respect is our own biological fathers rather than some oppurtunistic politicians.

I understand what you mean by translation. Thats why we have the quote - "lost in translation". But then again, the gist is given by a person who understands Arabic far better than another language. So in that gist - dont you think some essence is lost? Again, I have read English versions of the Mahabharat and the Gita (tried to read those in Sanskrit - I am very bad in understanding the language!) and I get a pretty good idea what is being conveyed. So there are works of translation of the Quran which can give you a very clear picture than hearing a gist from someone else.
No worries.

I read the word by word translation , and the tafsir. The tafsir helps me much more.

The gist is given by a person who is well in knowledge of the grammer of the Arabic language. Not by the average joe Arabic student of A'levels. So , the meaning is lost about 2 percent, but it is enough to get us the way to leading a simple and good life.

haha,Thats your problem.I have family that is very high up in power circles and trust me bro,there is no saint in politics and i am absolutely sure of what i said about Jinnah and i have similar things about hindu leaders also and there is no great pedestal about any of them,they are all usual oppurtunist politicans.

But i respect them nonetheless for their ability and talent but that doesn't make them a saint.

The only person worthy of respect is our own biological fathers rather than some oppurtunistic politicians.

"Few individuals significantly alter the course of history. Fewer still modify the map of the world. Hardly anyone can be credited with creating a nation-state. Mohammad Ali Jinnah did all the three"

You are saying he did all three only for himself?

My friend there are many Pakistani's who criticize Mr Jinnah - but will always refer to him as the Quaid-E-Azam ie the Great Leader - if we must criticize then we must do it in the right way, for a person of his stature, I may not like all the things Gandhi did, but must respect him as the father of modern india.

It is very easy to identify a Indian by meeting him in person. The dress sense, the language, the face and all. Even easier to identify one from Malabar.

Its our problem that you have corrupt family? Dont put the founder of our country with corrupt politicos. Your assertions are comments are unwarrented and unjustified.

Whoa - Pakistan has the second largest Shia population after Iran, and I am one of them. :pakistan:

Me too! Most Pakistani Shias are patriotic Pakistanis, & those who put anything in front of their Pakistan can move somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom