What's new

Best way to transfer money from Pakistan to UK

afzal.ahmed1955

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need some advice about transferring money from Pakistan to UK. I was given a cheque in PKR (equivalent to £80,000.00). What is the best bank in Pakistan to put it in? Do I have to open PKR account and also GBP/ USD account at same bank?

After I deposit my cheque, will the bank convert the cheque into foreign currency? Will the bank be able to do a wire transfer to my UK bank? Or should I ask for a cheque in foreign currency (USD or GBP) and deposit into my bank in UK ?

Which banks do you recommend in PK for this transaction?

Many thanks in advance

Interesting , it's such a headache to send money out india there are so many restrictions. I'm intrigued whats pakistans policy.

Hi,

I need some advice about transferring money from Pakistan to UK. I was given a cheque in PKR (equivalent to £80,000.00). What is the best bank in Pakistan to put it in? Do I have to open PKR account and also GBP/ USD account at same bank?

After I deposit my cheque, will the bank convert the cheque into foreign currency? Will the bank be able to do a wire transfer to my UK bank? Or should I ask for a cheque in foreign currency (USD or GBP) and deposit into my bank in UK ?

Many thanks in advance
Hi,

Can someone please reply to my post?

Hundi, hawala or contact shareef family located in raiwand lahore branches all over Pakistan open 24/7 for your service.

Hi,

Many thanks in advance

Even making an International wire transfer to foreign currency accounts IN Pakistan is a headache these days. I am sure outward foreign currency transfers will be twice as difficult by legal means. If you can find a ''legal way'' please do share it here for our knowledge as well.

Open a bank account in Standard Chartered. Deposit the sum in PKR. Bank will ask for source of income in which case you should prepare all the documents in advance. Since you want to remit that amount to the UK, you can open an account in GBP at the same bank. Both your accounts will be functional within a week's time if you've the required documentation. Once operational, you can wire transfer that sum to UK which takes around 72 hours. The bank may ask you to transfer that amount incrementally. As long as you establish the source of funds, you'll have no problem.

Hi,

Many thanks in advance

The best place to get this answered is in a bank. If the money is your legally - walk into branch and ask for advice. I know UBL have branches in the UK so you might be able to deposit cash into your account and then access that account in the UK branch and ask for a transfer to another UK branch.

https://www.ubluk.com/about-us/branch-locator/

I could have sworn Barclays or TSB used to operate in Pakistan, but maybe not anymore?

I'd ask about fees though - explain what exactly you want to do and figure out how much it will cost you. Also if your cheque is in PKR, if you dally too long your GBP return will lower.

T
Open a bank account in Standard Chartered. Deposit the sum in PKR. Bank will ask for source of income in which case you should prepare all the documents in advance. Since you want to remit that amount to the UK, you can open an account in GBP at the same bank. Both your accounts will be functional within a week's time if you've the required documentation. Once operational, you can wire transfer that sum to UK which takes around 72 hours. The bank may ask you to transfer that amount incrementally. As long as you establish the source of funds, you'll have no problem.[/QUOTE

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it. Will go and see manager at Standard Chartered tomorrow.

The best place to get this answered is in a bank. If the money is your legally - walk into branch and ask for advice. I know UBL have branches in the UK so you might be able to deposit cash into your account and then access that account in the UK branch and ask for a transfer to another UK branch.

https://www.ubluk.com/about-us/branch-locator/

I could have sworn Barclays or TSB used to operate in Pakistan, but maybe not anymore?

I'd ask about fees though - explain what exactly you want to do and figure out how much it will cost you. Also if your cheque is in PKR, if you dally too long your GBP return will lower.

Thanks for your reply. Will ask around in different banks and see what they advice.

Contact Zulfi Bukari.

Interesting , it's such a headache to send money out india there are so many restrictions. I'm intrigued whats pakistans policy.

Every hawala transfer terminates at Indian in UK and yet you are asking intermediaries?

Where abouts in Pakisan are you / your family lives ? I can pay you in pounds here in the UK for bank transfer in Pakistan

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom