What's new

Best way to implement Sharia in Pakistan ???

How about a middle ground ?
A middle ground isn't so bad , thats what they did in Tunisia i.e the secularists and the islamists reached and understanding and things are much better there when compared to Egypt etc.

But things don't remain static i.e one of them will slowly attract more followers then the other and that is where things fall apart and to restore that balance the other side resorts to "extremes" , so how do we always maintain that balance?

Nice!:tup: @EyanKhan Why are you wasting your precious teenage years on trying to be mature? Be reckless! Troll to your heart's content! You won't get this privilege when you reach my age.:D
Every now and then i do troll :P

Pluralism is an attitude amongst a culture, it cannot be taught by a state.

But it can be given plenty of lung space if the State will refrain from enforcing uniformity of any kind.

Islam doesn't refute evolution, merely Darwinism as has other scientific research.

I was kidding around to the whims of our local mullahs. :P I know Many of our esteemed international scholars accept the part of humans striving for better means of survival. they just refute the monkey start theory and the coming of the universe on its own without divine will.

Tauba Tauba. Evolution is haram in Islam according to many mullahs. :mullah.

bahi you are confusing between

evolution of species

vs.

evolution of knowledge and systems.

please read carefully.

no jumping the gun

bahi you are confusing between

evolution of species

vs.

evolution of knowledge and systems.

please read carefully.

no jumping the gun

Ok not many posters who get jokes here. Read post 64 bro. :P :P :P

So then some of the governing principles should be taken from --------?

For me - Usually 'reason' !

But then what is reasonable & unreasonable or acceptable & unacceptable for me may not be so for you - Hence why man created the notion of 'democracy' - Let the most head's decide !

I foresee this talk of Shariah in the same context as English Civil Law - Both are legal paradigms; if there is nothing wrong with a Turk sitting in the US saying that he thinks that the US should adopt the Swiss Civil Code or the English Civil Law or the Turkish rendition of the Swiss Civil Code or the French Civil Law or the US Law....I don't see whats wrong with someone saying 'I think the following provision of Islamic Jurisprudence is meritorious & I think we ought to include it within our Common Law - Lets put it up for a vote' !

What I would find unreasonable is for the State for saying - No...you can't; even if you're able to convince the voters, their representatives or the courts - You still can't do it !

Thats why I say - Pluralism instead of Secularism !

Nice!:tup: @EyanKhan Why are you wasting your precious teenage years on trying to be mature? Be reckless! Troll to your heart's content! You won't get this privilege when you reach my age.:D
Yara sab kuch saath saath chalta hai. though me trying to be reckless these days. hardly post on PDF these days. came back from GB a week ago and will be in Kashmir after a few days.

Ok enough off topic comments.

shhhh I am trying for people to take me seriously here and then you come in :jester:

Nahin waisee I meant what I said - You're wise beyond your years Little Brother & Inshallah you're gonna have a bright future ! :)

For me - Usually 'reason' !

But then what is reasonable & unreasonable or acceptable & unacceptable for me may not be so for you - Hence why man created the notion of 'democracy' - Let the most head's decide !

I foresee this talk of Shariah in the same context as English Civil Law - Both are legal paradigms; if there is nothing wrong with a Turk sitting in the US saying that he thinks that the US should adopt the Swiss Civil Code or the English Civil Law or the Turkish rendition of the Swiss Civil Code or the French Civil Law or the US Law....I don't see whats wrong with someone saying 'I think the following provision of Islamic Jurisprudence is meritorious & I think we ought to include it within our Common Law - Lets put it up for a vote' !

What I would find unreasonable is for the State for saying - No...you can't; even if you're able to convince the voters, their representatives or the courts - You still can't do it !

Thats why I say - Pluralism instead of Secularism !
Interestingly some of Greece's greatest minds were against the notion of democracy (thought i'd add this to spice up the argument)
Reason is correct but then again it is very relative and psst limited to the very few ;) :P

On a serious note if "reason" becomes that criterion , then if one were to find a law beneficial from hinduism and wanted it be included in the states laws , how many "reasonable" people would support it in contrast to one taken from Islam?

Kabhi quran khol kai para hou tou pata chaly naa.

Best way to implement Sharia in Pakistan ??? | Page 2

Sharia consists of verses like those.
Theres a whole lot to sharia then just Quranic verses!

Kabhi quran khol kai para hou tou pata chaly naa.

Best way to implement Sharia in Pakistan ??? | Page 2

Sharia consists of verses like those.

That's an easy answer.

Quran khol lo
Parh lo
dekh lo
sun lo

The problem is that no one says

Quran samajh lo siaqo sabaq kay saath.

People and I mean big name scholars cherry pick single verses without ever mentioning the context.

it is like picking up one or two disjointed lines from

"brief history of time" and claiming they they have figured out how universe was formed.

you probably have no idea about the context of 2:187

Sadly.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom