What's new

Best way to implement Sharia in Pakistan ???

Revolution only becomes reality when majority of the population support it , which in this case is not true, even if it does magicaly become true every one will have their own version of sharia , and no one will will be willing to accept others version , so there will be no revolution .

and as far as legislation goes , you already have an Islamic system (which admittedly needs some adjustments & honesty & character in our judges ) , you can try to change it , but again you face the dilemma of being the minority .

at the end , there will be no version of your Sharia implemented in Pakistan, our laws are fine as they are , they just need better execution .

Revolution only becomes reality when majority of the population support it , which in this case is not true, even if it does magicaly become true every one will have their own version of sharia , and no one will will be willing to accept others version , so there will be no revolution .

and as far as legislation goes , you already have an Islamic system (which admittedly needs some adjustments & honesty & character in our judges ) , you can try to change it , but again you face the dilemma of being the minority .

at the end , there will be no version of your Sharia implemented in Pakistan, our laws are fine as they are , they just need better execution .
:tup: for answering the actual question.

These are lots of academic words just like the original post.

The reality is that most of the posters and even Muullahs do not know what is Sharia legislation beyond chopping heads and bank interest.

Interestingly some of Greece's greatest minds were against the notion of democracy (thought i'd add this to spice up the argument)

And I think they were partly right; after all Iqbal very eloquently said 'Jamhoriyat woh tarz-e-hakoomat hai jis mein admi ko ginaa...tolaa nahin karteiii' i.e Democracy is that form of Governance in which people are counted not weighed (for their substance or merit) !

Whats the answer to this conundrum then ?

Qualified Democracy ? Perhaps it would've been suitable back when Democracy was first introduced but then again what would one Qualify it with & how does one prevent it backdooring a military junta, a theocracy or any other group of select-few people who & who alone know how things ought to be ?

I think the answer is 'More Democracy' - There is a wisdom even amongst the illiterate elders of a village that would put to shame most of us so-called 'educated people' !

So have the 'Democratic Culture' of Tolerance, Pluralism & Dispute-Resolution permeate throughout the society in the mean-time impart them quality education to equip them with the tools required to achieve financial & intellectual emancipation so that they may form an independent opinion !

Reason is correct but then again it is very relative and psst limited to the very few ;) :P

On a serious note if "reason" becomes that criterion , then if one were to find a law beneficial from hinduism and wanted it be included in the states laws , how many "reasonable" people would support it in contrast to one taken from Islam?

Reason is something which is truly relative - I suggest you should study the subject of 'epistemology' to study about the origins of Knowledge & perhaps even Reason - Fascinating ! :)

Logic is an extremely malleable thing - Those who support extracting a law from Hinduism (though I dunno whether there is such a legal paradigm therein or not) would find theres just as those who oppose it will find theres !

Where do we go from there then ? Does any 'one' of us has a monopoly over deciding what is or isn't reasonable or what is or sin't right ? I would imagine not....with a hundred people come a hundred different angles to view the same thing - So how do we get past this dead-lock ?

The Democratic Principle - Let the People decide !

And I think they were partly right; after all Iqbal very eloquently said 'Jamhoriyat woh tarz-e-hakoomat hai jis mein admi ko ginaa...tolaa nahin karteiii' i.e Democracy is that form of Governance in which people are counted not weighed (for their substance or merit) ! !

Iabal was looking at the late 19th and early 20th century turmoil in Europe AND in the British India.

He didn't issue a divine edict.

So please understand his opinion in proper context.

Iabal was looking at the late 19th and early 20th century turmoil in Europe AND in the British India.

He didn't issue a divine edict.

So please understand his opinion in proper context.

Nowhere did I say that he did nor did I oppose democracy so what are you on about ?

That's an easy answer.

Quran khol lo
Parh lo
dekh lo
sun lo

The problem is that no one says

Quran samajh lo siaqo sabaq kay saath.

People and I mean big name scholars cherry pick single verses without ever mentioning the context.

it is like picking up one or two disjointed lines from

"brief history of time" and claiming they they have figured out how universe was formed.

you probably have no idea about the context of 2:187

Sadly.
Yeah and you do !!! :angel:

Yeah and you do !!! :angel:
I see ppl confused about the most basic orders & commandments & are not willing to act on those but then feel the urge to get involved is matter that may be somewhat complex .
get the basics, people & do the basic thing the right way & we can then all become muftis later.
Only once our fondashun is the prophet wanted it to be that we can discuss further & not worry about having ppl 2nd guess our intentions.

Last edited:
If you want the easiest method then its the implementation of its individual laws amongst all the people of pakistan on a personal level. This way it will create a supportive majority and thus slowly morph the system toward a shariah law but for this too happen there must be a clear understanding of what the caliphate and the shariah laws were in Islam, The will of each person to change his life and move towards the shariat and ofcourse the correct teachings of the system.

Majority like i said dont know much abt the true shariat. This will be long but will be seriously effective.

I say lengthy calculated integration only if there are honest people.

Only Pro- Sharia members ....
  1. By legislation
  2. By revolution
neither. the right answer is
Evolution

Not even that.

(spontaneous=creatorLess=Darwinian style random-mutation & natural selection) Evolution is counterproductive. An Evolution undirected by intelligent understanding only produces defects and abnormalities. The state of affairs where muslims stand NOW is in-fact result of un-guided-Evolution. We have to stop "evolution" & correct all the random-mutations within religion that happened over past 1400years and compiled into abnormal practices.

Correct answer is "Education", and correct understanding of what scriptures actually mean.
Educate rather than being a blind follower of whatever illiterate Mullah tells you.
If you want to implement shariah, educate the folks.

Illiterate mullahs & so-called scholars flinging their whims & wishes to blind followers is like a random-mutation. It's always derogatory. Sheeple picking up those random-mutations blindly is natural-selection. Resulting evolution only distorts the religion more.

An intelligent understanding and education of true spirit of Quran\Sunnah in right context is like a scientist working to improve genetic make up for better outcome. Intelligent design is the way to bring out true face of Islam from under the rust.

Some call it "Taj'deeed" ="تجديد". Those who bring about "Taj'deeed" are called "Mujaddid" = "مُجَدّد".
Mujaddid are the intelligent creative scientists of the religion.

Messenger of Allah said: 'Whoever revives (gives life to = أَحْيَا) a Sunnah of mine, which people then act upon, will have a reward equivalent to that of those who act upon it, without that detracting from their reward in the slightest. And whoever introduces an innovation (Bid'ah) (a mutation) that is acted upon, will have a burden of sins equivalent to that of those who act upon it, without that detracting from the burden of those who act upon it in the slightest.
Ibn Majah:English ref:Vol. 1, Book 1, Hadith 209, Arabic ref:Book 1, Hadith 214.

I see ppl confused about the most basic orders & commandments & are not willing to act on those but then feel the urge to get involved is matter that may be somewhat complex ..
Quran:3:7: "...the Book: In it are verses that are clear, they are the foundations of the Book; they are the foundation of the Book: others are allegorical. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings...".

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom