What's new

Best way to capture a city where enemy has mustered itself and self sufficient.

Yes, a FINE example....

grozny2600d_belyakov.jpg

chris-s-Map%207-Grozny%20After.jpg

See also children | North Caucasus

With folks like you, who needs the yankees and their drones.... keep it up, yáll.
It serves the objective. Do you have better method?

Lets say I am stanch believer of human intel and human resource rather than drones and gadgets that would fail to stop destruction of WTC and unnecessary killing of civilians in the name of winning hearts and minds, then wondering what went wrong. :enjoy:

Play with the minds of humans, their emotions and you can win any war. :D
Not impressed. It's all still very callous.

It serves the objective. Do you have better method?
So, the end justifies the means? IMHO, that's the beginning of the end.
A better method? Sure! Stick with non violent solutions, engages in political discourse, negotiate, do what civilized people do.

depends on whos side loyalty of residents is.
Invest a lot of money in propeganda against the captors of the city.
Invest heavily in gathering intillegence information about the city
Use asymitric warfare to take out the leadership of the militants or army ie UCAV drone strikes or Special forces strike teams.
Bombard High value purely military targets like Weapon factories storages and sabotage the operational capacity of the enemy.
Always engage the enemy in dialogue to surrender and peacefull terms of surrender.
and lot of matter depends on the situations at hand.

Not impressed. It's all still very callous.

Okay then how about start cultivating flowers and breeding white pigeons. Then send lots of flowers and pigeons to the rebels and call out loudly on speakers, citizens of this city we are not here to harm you, we come in peace, we bring happiness and prosperity with us, just let us take over your city etc etc.

I am sure this the most civilised way of invading or taking over a city :undecided: yes yes yes :yes4:? ? ?

Okay then how about start cultivating flowers and breeding white pigeons. Then send lots of flowers and pigeons to the rebels and call out loudly on speakers, citizens of this city we are not here to harm you, we come in peace, we bring happiness and prosperity with us, just let us take over your city etc etc.

I am sure this the most civilised way of invading or taking over a city :undecided: yes yes yes :yes4:? ? ?
My point was that I see a lot of capacity here, among posters, for brutality against civilians. Meanwhile we are all lamenting on how bad and mean various countries are in their conduct in certain areas of conflict. If you can't see the contradiction or irony in that, well, ....

My point was that I see a lot of capacity here, among posters, for brutality against civilians. Meanwhile we are all lamenting on how bad and mean various countries are in their conduct in certain areas of conflict. If you can't see the contradiction or irony in that, well, ....

You could have elaborated a bit as you did now, how would I know man.................. :undecided:

How does one even contemplate capturing megacities in this day & age?

Mexico City
1280px-AerialViewMexicoCity.jpg

Shanghai
Shanghai.jpg

Tokyo, the mother of all megacity
3269537749_af2aec2dcf_b.jpg

How does one even contemplate capturing megacities in this day & age?

Mexico City
1280px-AerialViewMexicoCity.jpg

Shanghai
Shanghai.jpg

Tokyo, the mother of all megacity
3269537749_af2aec2dcf_b.jpg

Target and Destroy the sewerage system and wait for rats to come out of the holes looking for food.:enjoy:

The purpose of post was thinking something unconventional/unorthodox because this battle arena is new.
My entire strategy revolves around draining the enemy moral. will and capacity to fight. Of course all can be achieved by lethal force but that is not the point. Some factors I give importance more, are:
1. Give them escape route. Not necessarily in form of safe exit but; better leverages if they surrender, negotiate their political agenda, keeping their family separate from the issue, etc.
2.A well fortified and less equipped enemy means they will fight till death as they already know that fighting a stronger enemy is equivalent to suicide
3. Win people on your side. This is essential as it will reduce future recruitment and help building you intelligence network.
4. The bigger is the enemy the easier to break them into factions on racial, political, ethnic, etc. lines. So large number of enemy is their strength as well as weakness. Hence, cutting their supply will seriously affect their will and operation capability.
Now regarding using military actions:
As I am not military expert as well, so remain limited here
1. We need a one/two front engagement with minor/QRF operations (open front of your choice to keep them running).
2. Accuracy and lethality are more important instead of blunt force.
3. Take out high value target, energy lines and all things which make them unrest, unwilling and frustrated.e.g. keep them awake all night by bombardment.
4. Continue to engage them to ration them out from fuel, arsenal, food etc. Its actually never to stop fight and to do dialogue.
5. But the main thing in my mind was use of less lethal biological element. I think it is some kind of flu. Spread the virus through water, food, air, etc. Flu massively deteriorates physical ability to fight, it is viral so it spreads widely and rapidly etc. Give your soldier antidote before entering the city for final assault.
For every action you take, one must think of future and world reaction. So no massive killing and lethal nuclear, biological or chemical weaponry.
@Nihonjin1051 @SipahSalar @C130 @jhungary @asad71 @Penguin @Color_Less_Sky @ahmadnawaz22 @Pangu

Last edited:
For nearly four years, from 1992 to 1996,
ok in simple words.... you have a 10 strong men army... they have all the armor, weapons, stun weapons, etc... Now you are required to capture/occupy a large hospital with 1000 patients. All patients have weapons to fight but not armor and have got flu and running noses plus they sneeze twice/thrice a minute. Your task is to detain who are willing and to kill who oppose. Actually, with min number of shots fired with min collateral and ur own damage.
Now I know its tedious and breath breaking to clear every room... but very effective and complement.

Last edited:
According to your opinion what is the best way to capture a city or strong hold of enemies, in modern times. Like german attacking Bulge or capturing Stalingrad. The conditions are:
1. Enemy is well fortified, has surplus supply and has the traps in city territory.
2. Enemy strength is its number, familiarity with terrain and local support.
3. Enemy weakness is its inferior or limited weapons supply. For analysis lets say enemy is one tenth of technically advanced/armed of invading forces.
4. Invading army can easily put blockade/siege of city or most of it.
5. Electric, water supply of city are in invasion forces' control but cannot block it easily (river, canal).
6. City has limited food cultivation, like they can survive long siege/isolation but with less nutrition diet.
7. City still has a population (though it is covered in public support point)
I will post my view point later. actually it revolves around one critical factor (perceived by me) which I want to discuss.
Hint: I heard it once but not sure of it. The tactic used by indian amry to attack hawladar Lalik jan post

Depends on the city. Depends on the enemy. Depends when. :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom