What's new

Best Tourist Attractions In Islamabad?

Hi to all my fellow PDF members! I am going to visit Dharna Abad aka. Islamabad starting from tomorrow. I don't know how many of you actually live there or used to live there. So please advice me on places I should visit apart from IK's Azadi Town as I have plenty of free time this December! :D

Thanks for all your help and advice in this regard! :)

The only thing I have ever enjoyed about going to Islamabad is leaving it to go to Nathiagali.
But I don't think one can go there in December due to the snow.

Nowadays, if I went, I would pay a visit to the Shrine of Shah Abdul Latif, (the saint who is said to have predicted that a city would be built in that area and serve Islam). I would then offer a Fatiha for the saint and cry my eyes out and pray for the future of Pakistan. :cray:

Even I am going to visit Islamabad this December and ofcourse plan on going to Azadi Dharna,
Azadi Dharna has recently become the very best tourist / travelers attraction point in Pakistan. I have read, seen and heard many people from abroad visiting Azadi Town where IK's container is their main "sightseeing" object :D

Daman.e koh

Daman-e-Koh-PHOTO-FILE-640x480.jpg

Monal
header20.jpg

Lake View Park

Lakeview-Park-Islamabad.jpg
url.jpg

Wow! It resembles Norwegian landscape so much. You think its safe to visit here in Winter?
ayubia-national-Park-and-hiking-track.jpg

I dont think you should have problems going there as long its not covered in snow, but if you travel there in 4 wheel drive, you should be ok.

Hi to all my fellow PDF members! I am going to visit Dharna Abad aka. Islamabad starting from tomorrow. I don't know how many of you actually live there or used to live there. So please advice me on places I should visit apart from IK's Azadi Town as I have plenty of free time this December! :D

Thanks for all your help and advice in this regard! :)

Murree

Murree-pic.jpg

Last time we went you waited for the cable car (unprotected cable cart) and jump on it when its right behind you and then hang for your dear life with that stupid rod from under which you can slip (or was there even a rod for protection)...There is a point which is near the hills that I felt I was just gonna slip off and would have to walk up hill :unsure:

Margalla Hills

The_Margalla_Hills,_Islamabad,_Pakistan.JPG

Margalla hills National park

21772883.jpg

Daman-e-koh

daman-e-koh.jpg

Saidpur VillageSaidpur

a little quaint village, famous for its pottery, is part of Islamabad today. It is located off the Hill Road to the east of Daman-e-Koh. Sultan Said Khan son of Sultan Sarang Khan founded Saidpur. He gave his daughter in marriage to Mughal Prince Saleem who later became Emperor Jehangir. Saidpur was considered a garden resort and a perpetual spring provided water for drinking and for watering gardens around during the Mughal period.

3868133170_269a1046d7.jpg

Shaker Parian

12816607.jpg

Lok Virsa Museum & Heritage Library

Islamabad-Lok-Virsa-Museum5.jpg

Boat ride at

Rawal Lake

Water-boating-at-rawal-lake.jpg

2_73609.JPG

We took the boats which the boat man rowed...I tried it too man that required some muscles....

Islamabad Zoo (Not as good as Lahore Zoo :ashamed: )

3917664-Islamabad_Zoo_Enrance_Islamabad.jpg

Lake View Park or Japanese Park, if you wish to relax.

Trekking & Hiking
Hiking on the Margallah Hills is a favorite pastime for the people of the capital city. It is a brilliant way to stay fit, as well as an invigorating and refreshing experience. The trails and hikes that have been developed in and around Islamabad are suitable for both professional, serious hikers as well as for those who do it for leisure. Lengths for these hikes range from 1.5 to 15 kilometers, complete with their own distinctive character. The Asian Study Group's publication 'Hiking Around Islamabad' is an excellent guide to the trails around the city.

Fishing
Rawal Lake is the perfect place for an angling enthusiast. Arrange for a permit from the local authorities (refer to the Capital Development Authority), get your fishing gear (rods, tackle, bait, straw hat with corks etc) and head out to the lake. The best time would the early morning, as the fish and the weather are both obliging.

Cycling
Mountain biking is fast becoming a much-loved activity for Islamabad residents, obviously because of the weather and the terrain. If you're in the mood for some adventurous cycling down one of Islamabad's beautifully scenic bike trails, get your bike ready and head down. Information can again be had from the ASG's hiking publication. Early morning or dusk would be a good time.

Islamabad Capital Territory Sports, Outdoor & Adventure Activities

ok if you are going from Lahore you can check the Pakistan monument and Faisal mosque but other then that it is around Islamabad and not in Islamabad that i personally prefer to go.. there are some great hiking routes or you can go by car to Monal and relax there for an evening... It is a good place to connect with nature with all the amenities one could need
What on earth? :blink:

Back
Top Bottom