What's new

Beijing's highest tower can withstand 9/11-style attack

@no_name is that from the bluffer's guide?

I doubt any 9/11 style attack will be possible anymore. The pilots and passengers will fight a lot harder now that the 9/11 precedent has been set.

Anything bhartis say can be possible according to their perception as they often copy even dates with regard to attacks to sound as close to western, american terms :angel:

If there is a part of the aircraft that should survive crash and explosion it should be engine parts. They are made to last in high pressure/temperature environments. turbine remains can be found even for a cruise missile strike.

My Chemmat lecturer said the way they test turbine blades is to fire full frozen chicken at it with high air pressure. Guess what? The turbine didin't suffer damage. Infact it didn't even deform after shredding the chick.

if you saw the loose change i posted, you will get the answer for the wreckage. but if you don't have that much of time, i can sum it up for you.

I have and it's dishonest, manipulative, and absurdly wrong on all accounts. Loose change is full of blatant lies which naive people take as truth. There are plenty of videos that disprove loose change but I don't go by videos I go by scientific facts and claims that can be verified.

If you love loose change than watch 'screw loose change' :lol:

1) each of the engine weigh more than 6 tons, and they will not be melt down in the fire. so where are they? (yes, they! 4 of them from 2 planes)

You mean the FAA didn't invite you to inspect the wreckage? Shame on them. There was wreckage unfortunately you believe what the kids from loose change tell you, and yes there is even wreckage from flight 93 despite the fact that loose change says otherwise.

2) if you compare the hi-pressure compressors and the combustor case wreckages, with the pohto of rose royce hi-presure system carefully, you will notice that they are not identical. its really really obvious.

The kids from loose change wouldn't know the parts from an engine if it fell on their faces.

First understand what was on the picture, it was a high pressure compressor and not the intake compressor which is where 'truthers' embarrass themselves. Lets take a closer look:

high pressure compressors are towards the rear of the engine, the intake compressor, on the other hand, is the first and biggest compressor.

For instance:

That debunks the claim of the 'engine being too small'.

As for the claim of a representative from Prat & Whitney not recognizing the engine, well that is because that 'representative' was from a factory that built totally different engines--fail.

Last edited:
Most Americans do not know about the US Constitution that is the foundation of their country...But that does not make them any less 'American'. If anything, YOU would gladly disregard this fact and call them 'Americans' anyway by virtue of the fact that they are/were borne in US controlled territories.

but a guy doesnt require 2 years and wait for green card to arrive and have citizenship of islam

If there is a part of the aircraft that should survive crash and explosion it should be engine parts. They are made to last in high pressure/temperature environments. turbine remains can be found even for a cruise missile strike.

My Chemmat lecturer said the way they test turbine blades is to fire full frozen chicken at it with high air pressure. Guess what? The turbine didin't suffer damage. Infact it didn't even deform after shredding the chick.
And am willing to call your man a liar. There is no shortage of video evidences of the keywords search 'jet engine bird strike'. Look them up and see what happens. And if it was frozen birds that were used, he is even more a liar because a realistic test would involved room temperature chicken carcasses, not frozen ones.

yes, i am no expert.
I know.

...but i strongly recommend you to take a look at loose change. it has shows many example of how engine would look like after the plane clashed. and there is also a clearly comparison between the hi-presure system wreckage and that of the Rose royce one.
I have watched that crap and CRAP it was.

Aircraft crash investigators do not rely solely on pictures. They know that in an 'incident' aircraft parts can be severely deformed. Important parts are 'serially controlled', meaning an item has a serial number and that number can be tracked from being moved from aircraft to aircraft. Engines are serially controlled items. Same for flight control system hydraulics actuators. Same for flight control computers. Same for gyroscopes. Same for accelerometers. And the list of 'serially controlled' items is considerable. The serial number can be tagged or stamped on the part. Even parts on the engine or the hydraulic actuator can be a 'serially controlled' item. So when there is a catastrophic 'event', like a crash, the list of serial numbers that are associated with an aircraft is immediately consulted. So what you are saying is that for 9/11, tens of thousands of serial numbers are fabricated and thousands of experienced crash investigators, most of them former military members, are 'in on it'.

There is an old trick question: 'Which is heavier, one pound of cotton or one pound of lead?' Many people would answer 'Lead'. The correct answer is they weigh the same: one pound. But if we ask: 'Which is more volumetric, one pound of cotton or one pound of lead?' The answer would be 'cotton'. It is obvious that this mass of cotton contains mostly tiny air pockets and it would occupy a far larger space in a room than a block of lead.

An aircraft or a jet engine is the same. An airliner is essentially a hollow tube. A jet engine pod is essentially a container that has mostly air pockets separated by structures. Look at the pictures brought on by others and see for yourself. An airliner's wing is equally a hollow structure because the wing itself is used as a fuel tank. So when AA77 impacted the Pentagon, or when AA11 and UA175 were crushed by collapsing WTC tower floors, investigators were mighty glad that they have some bits of those aircrafts to do their jobs.

You got suckered.

And am willing to call your man a liar. There is no shortage of video evidences of the keywords search 'jet engine bird strike'. Look them up and see what happens. And if it was frozen birds that were used, he is even more a liar because a realistic test would involved room temperature chicken carcasses, not frozen ones.

lol ok he lied.

Somewhat more dramatic:

Last edited by a moderator:
The first video showed a compressor blade deforming and the second video showed the engine completely being destroyed, am i missing something?
The man said this...

The first video showed a compressor blade deforming and the second video showed the engine completely being destroyed, am i missing something?

The man said this...

lol Yes the statement that I made was incorrect, not contesting that which is why I put up those two vids to correct the mistake. Regarding the comment made by my lecturers thats what the man said so goes my impression.

Edit: Come to think of it the man was talking about turbine blades rather than the intake fan or the engine itself. He talked about the importance of having a single crystal alloy blade for sufficient strength in jet engine turbines. It is important because when operating under high centripedal force and temperature the blade will have a tendency to stretch outward overtime and boundaries between crystals were the weak spots. Since the gap between the fan outer edge and the enclosure were small eventually the blade will come into contact with the outer casing causing catastrophic failure. He did mentioned a chicken test somewhere and it is possible that he didn't make the connection between the two but I mixed up. (It was five years ago)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom