What's new

Beijing reaches out to Delhi to safeguard its interests

They had to because after all the Good Taliban concept arise during this WoT.

These safe havens in Pakistani tribal regions is the reason why Taliban is still alive and kicking. If you don't go against them, drones will keep happening, these meddling will keep happening and civil war in Afghanistan may again start at full flow but this time, it will get extended to Pakistan.

This has NOTHING to do with drones or good Taliban, but an acknowledgement by NATO that the Taliban will be a significant part of post-2014 Afghan government. All the countries are recalibrating their policies around this new reality.

The drones have more to do with domestic US policy and US psyops against PakMil than anything else.

This has NOTHING to do with drones or good Taliban, but an acknowledgement by NATO that the Taliban will be a significant part of post-2014 Afghan government. All the countries are recalibrating their policies around this new reality.

The Indians know this.

It is just hurting them inside, that after 10 years of mischief their funding didn't reap them squat.

This has NOTHING to do with drones or good Taliban, but an acknowledgement by NATO that the Taliban will be a significant part of post-2014 Afghan government. All the countries are recalibrating their policies around this new reality. The drones have more to do with domestic US policy and US psyops against PakMil than anything else.
Oh boy, if Pakistan turns its blind eye against Afghan Taliban that are attacking NATO forces, what do you think US will do. Al Qaeda operative were hiding in Pakistan and they are the one drones targeted which made things bad for Pakistan as people opposed it whereas Govt. approved of it even after opposition by lip service.

@RazPaK Buddy, we are not the one being attacked now. We just gave $ 2 billion, even your govt. approved of $ 500 million to Afghanistan. Its hurting Pakistan from Inside, not India.

If you guys think that situation will improve post-2014, then I think we are totally on wrong plane of discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy, if Pakistan turns its blind eye against Afghan Taliban that are attacking NATO forces, what do you think US will do. Al Qaeda operative were hiding in Pakistan and they are the one drones targeted which made things bad for Pakistan as people opposed it whereas Govt. approved of it even after opposition by lip service.

@RazPaK Buddy, we are not the one being attacked now. We just gave $ 2 billion, even your govt. approved of $ 500 million to Afghanistan. Its hurting Pakistan from Inside, not India.

If you guys think that situation will improve post-2014, then I think we are totally on wrong plane of discussion.

How are we hurting from the inside?

This is all about to die down.

Regardless of where the leadership is, is it not interesting that the foot soldiers manage to trek all the way to Kabul and elsewhere unhindered? Does NATO reign supreme within Afghanistan or not?

Anyway, the issue of drones is a separate topic. The undeniable point is that NATO accepts Taliban's role in post-2014 Afghanistan.

I agree that the situation will be complex. The only thing the US cares about is that its national interests are protected: they couldn't care less if those interests are protected by the Taliban, the NA, or some coalition.

That is why I said that, if the Taliban can show that they have renounced extremism, then the major powers will have no issue with them ruling Afghanistan. Unfortunately, the Taliban seem to have trouble seeing this simple reality.

The number of Terror/sectarian/Ethnic attacks in Past few years . I guess you see but you do not "see" .

As I said, it's dying down. And with the withdrawal of Nato, Afghanistan will not be allowed as a playground by some with not so noble intentions.

As I said, it's dying down. And with the withdrawal of Nato, Afghanistan will not be allowed as a playground by some with not so noble intentions.

Your Whole hypothesis lies on it being controlled from outside which for me is indeed very shaky logic .

Does this change the ballgame in the region ? In effect does it mean the possibility of a new force being deployed to Afghanistan once the Yanks and their buddies leave, should that government request it? What would be Pakistan's position should Iran, China and India agree to co-operation with the Kabul government to keep the Taliban at bay ? Is it possible that it would result in Pakistan abandoning the Afghan Taliban?

@Developereo Agreed, its a different issue even if it has some connection. We can leave it for other thread.

But can we trust Taliban is the main issue ? There is no credibility of Taliban as they might ditch these peace treaties NATO and other countries are trying to make. And if they have to, how much control Taliban should get. Is there any leverage over Taliban to keep them in terms of these peace talks.

But can we trust Taliban is the main issue ? There is no credibility of Taliban as they might ditch these peace treaties NATO and other countries are trying to make. And if they have to, how much control Taliban should get.

I think everyone understands that the US will not withdraw completely; it will maintain some presence to safeguard its national interests in perpetuity. That is why it is unlikely that Iran or Russia will have a significant role post-2014. The US will allow some Iranian involvement, if only to placate the pro-Iranian ethnic groups in Afghanistan, but nothing serious.

Is there any leverage over Taliban to keep them in terms of these peace talks.

man-in-suit.jpg

images

Do you think that's enough leverage? Plenty more where that came from...

By Seeing some pages of this (could be) good Thread, I think the Posts/Titles/Status here on PDF have all Lost there Sheen.

yes and its because of u indian overflow in this forum........@Moderators r still sleeping.

Back
Top Bottom