What's new

Beijing reaches out to Delhi to safeguard its interests

Why Pakistanis are getting touchy.

BTW there is nothing in the news apart from catchy headlines.

China is joining few forums by having its presence; few headed by India. All genuine states does, some just to read the temperature and some to sit and discuss holistic approach for situation like Afghanistan. If Pakistan has failed to create a tempo on taking all the players in his confidence and has allergy form India, it doesn't mean rest will have the same.

India in past has tried to reach out to Pakistan as well but it defeats their purpose of having a strategic depth in not so independent Afghanistan.

Good for INDIA :))))))))))

The cooperation starts only in Afghanistan and ends in Afghanistan, The relations work in a strange way. India and China will safeguard their interests joining with Iran and Russia in Afganistan.

And there are areas where India and China work together like Global warming etc.

Diplomatic relations is all about finding common strategic interests and working closely with other nations whose strategic interests coincide with yours :cheers:

I mean this line of reasoning completely escapes me :

(a) either the Pakistani Establishment is providing sanctuaries to the Taliban or they are not & if they are not then what are we to blame for, whereas if we are, is it too fantastic to assume that we also assert some of that 'veritable arm of the ISI' kinda leverage on them & if that is the case then can't we reign them in ?

(b) but more so, if anecdotal evidence is anything to go by, Pakistan has already broken the back of Xinjiang terrorism by fully cooperating with the Chinese Security Apparatus in nabbing any & all terrorist that have either trained in Pakistan's Tribal Areas or in Afghanistan & have been using the land-route that Pakistan provides to go to Xinjiang.

(c) its almost comic to assume that somehow Pakistan doesn't want a stable Afghanistan right next door.....we're the ones who've got between 4-6 million of them in Pakistan, TTP sanctuaries operating in Afghanistan & a country right next door that is in shambles since the first Afghan Jihad & continues to drag us down due to their issues.

What we don't want, on the other hand, is an Afghanistan, which increasingly looks like, the Northern Alliance controlled Afghanistan with a face-job, to again support Baluch Militants as they have in the case of every single Baluch Uprising in Pakistan's history, we don't want them to support Afghan Militias who'd whip up their Loy Afghanistan BS once more & attack us as they did in the '60s & kept that bile spewing well into the '80s & even the present, we don't want any malicious presence of India in Afghanistan to be to the detriment of Pakistan's Security (I know...I know we have different narratives on that !), we don't want a return to Warlordism in Afghanistan as it happened in the early '90s where a whole host of countries were using their respective proxies to spar out with one another & take a dig at Pakistan also (the reason why we supported the Taliban to begin with) ! If those concerns are addressed - We don't give a wooden nickle about what development or economic work India or any other country for that matter does or doesn't do there - A prosperous Afghanistan & a stable one at that would do us a world of good !

It's not about Pakistan, Pakistan is enmeshed with the Afghan Taliban and that's no secret - it's about the whole region being a fertile ground for fundamentalists that will harm all it's neighbors and other countries too.

Pakistan might have handed over a few Chinese terrorists - but has that killed the issue? the issue will flare up once the region becomes a hot bed of terrorism.

The Pakistan's idea of a stable Afghanistan is different than the world idea of a stable Afghanistan - quite frankly the region is the staging ground for various terrorist groups and it's beyond Pakistan's or Afghanistan's control. Other players have to take care of their own interests.

In the last 4 / 5 pages of this thread, there has not been a single Chinese member, discussing on this topic.
But the other fools are trying to argue on which side the Chinese are going to be.
Come on guys let hear from what the Chinese people who represent Chinese interest in PDF have to tell about this topic. rather than we discuss among ourselves

In the last 4 / 5 pages of this thread, there has not been a single Chinese member, discussing on this topic.
But the other fools are trying to argue on which side the Chinese are going to be.
Come on guys let hear from what the Chinese people who represent Chinese interest in PDF have to tell about this topic. rather than we discuss among ourselves

The Chinese posters mustn't have received their brief yet.

This being Pakistan Defence Forum, Chinese members are just trying to avoid commenting on the thread and that is understandable. Anyways, we saw some honest comments from @Chinese-Dragon which were quite in agreement with the direction CPC is taking. Also, I have many Chinese mates here (in US) who hold similar outlook on Islamic extremism issue and they want countries to co-operate against these Islamic extremists destroying human lives and properties..

Last edited by a moderator:
Being on PDF, Chinese members are trying to avoid commenting on the thread. We saw some honest comments from @Chinese-Dragon. Also, I have many Chinese mates here who hold similar outlook on Islamic extremism and they want countries to co-operate against these Islamic extremists destroying human lives and properties..
Chinese-Dragon and me have talked about it recently. He also contributed in Exploring India thread. Thing is if he talks positive about Indo-China relations, people attack him. Few good Chinese members have left the forum.

It won't be a surprise if we won't have a Chinese POV after some time.

Both Indian lover and American licker are discusting, at the beginning it's like who is getting the world champion of hypocrite....

Chinese-Dragon and me have talked about it recently. He also contributed in Exploring India thread. Thing is if he talks positive about Indo-China relations, people attack him. Few good Chinese members have left the forum.

It won't be a surprise if we won't have a Chinese POV after some time.

which people attacked him ? Indians or Pakistani or Chinese ?

Both Indian lover and American licker are discusting, at the beginning it's like who is getting the world champion of hypocrite....

Chinese govt discussing an issue with Indian govt in a mature way certainly does not make them Indian lover and also if you are attacking @Chinese-Dragon then let me tell you, from what I know he is a Chinese patriot and his support for his govt decisions does not make him in love with some one. Please grow up and see the issues of the day in the bright light of maturity..

And who are you to kill off the Taliban?

They are the people of southern Afghanistan.

And what problems are the Chinese having with the so called Islamic extremists in Pakistan?

Cite an instance.

Taliban ideology can be amended and it has been proven recently, but only through talks not by force.

Razpak is Talking about peace and Ideologies, What happened to the Warrior spirit inside him??? :big_boss:

Back
Top Bottom