What's new

Beijing reaches out to Delhi to safeguard its interests

in real life outside forums Indians and Chinese are in general quite friendly towards each other.

Indians and Pakistanis also get along in social situations. That has nothing to do with divergent national agendas.

The hostility part is a recent phenomenon and partly it is because of the actions of outsiders.

Ah yes; the famous 'outsiders'.

They have approached Indian govt to join hands against Islamic terrorism

Can you show me a statement to that effect from Beijing, rather than an Indian interpretation of Chinese overtures?

there is no Tibetian terrorism emanating from India.

I don't want to derail the thread. I have posted links elsewhere to that effect.

If you didn't notice, I also posted the link of Pakistan based terrorist camps causing trouble in Xinjiang province.

No one is denying that there is a potential issue in Xinjiang. My point was that Indians want to centralize that issue rather than, say, Tibetan terrorism.

Why you want all chinese should be against India and Indians?

We don't expect all billion-plus Chinese to be pro-Pakistan, anti-India. It is entirely believable that some Chinese will be extremely pro-India and extremely anti-Pakistan.

That is fine and it is perfectly acceptable to have that viewpoint on this forum. In fact, we would like it so we can see what issues are influencing their preferences.

The only issue is when people deny their bias and claim otherwise.

I actually like ChineseDragon because I think he provides good input. I only get annoyed when he goes nuts at ONE wrong Pakistani comment, but ignores scores of Indian attacks on China.

From what I can tell, the "Taliban" don't believe in contracts or pacts or anything like that. Especially with regard to us Atheist Chinese.

Getting a pact with the Taliban not to attack Chinese interests in Afghanistan, is like getting a contract from a woodpecker to stop pecking wood.

Well if you are Pakistan then to you there are "good" Taliban and "bad" Taliban. The distinction and even definitions of the two are a little blurry but hey, this are only small details!

Wrong. This being Pakistan Defence Forum, Indians are playing a game of being friendly to Chinese. In other online forums, we can see the real Indian hostility towards China.

Most Chinese are smart enough to see through this Indian charade but some here have been brainwashed by Indians.

Seriously, it's that easy to be brainwashed?

And please do tell me, why is a Pakistani speaking on behalf of the entire 1.3+ Billion Chinese population now?

And why is it you don't give Indians the same benefit of the doubt as Chinese-

We don't expect all billion-plus Chinese to be pro-Pakistan, anti-India. It is entirely believable that some Chinese will be extremely pro-India and extremely anti-Pakistan.

And please do tell me, why is a Pakistani speaking on behalf of the entire 1.3+ Billion Chinese population now?

It is a statement on human nature, not specific to any nationality. Most people try to see the bigger picture.

And why is it you don't give Indians the same benefit of the doubt as Chinese-

When have I ever denied that India, like all countries, has a diversity of opinions? However, it is fact that most countries' foreign policies are dominated by certain ideological bents, not necessarily reflective of the majority view, even in democracies.

Thats the thing I like about China. They are all business and not emotional fools like some country in the region. India-China friendship is inevitable to face growing terrorism in the region. We sure are competitors but both sides believe in mutual peaceful existence :cheers:

It is entirely uncalled-for to have 13 pages and counting over an unsubstantiated report by the Times of India. For all I know, TOI isn't exactly known for its journalistic accuracy. Lets' wait for some corroboration before we start to comment. There have been attempts by the Indian as well as the Western media to drive a wedge between China and Pakistan over the so-called Uighur connection. All we know is that certain extremist elements in Pakistan have connection to Uighur secessionists in Xinjiang. HOWEVER this has nothing to do with either the people or government of Pakistani. If anything, Pakistan is the biggest victim of terrorism. The stats that I have seen say that some 40000 Pakistanis lost their lives in the last ten years.

Indians and Pakistanis also get along in social situations. That has nothing to do with divergent national agendas.

I was responding to your accusation that since this is Pakistani forum, Indians are just trying to act friendly with Chinese otherwise as per you we are quite hostile towards Chinese. That was incorrect and that was the point and on the issue of this thread there is convergence of agendas rather than divergence so we both are agreeing on it so what exactly is wrong in it?

Yeah, the ones who drew various lines which are even giving pains to your country as well..

Can you show me a statement to that effect from Beijing, rather than an Indian interpretation of Chinese overtures?

Who do you think I am? I am not working with Indian govt to show you proofs about every other news coming to the print. I read the news and trusted it and if you don't want to trust then either go and ask newspaper the proofs or otherwise ignore it. Big deal?

I don't want to derail the thread. I have posted links elsewhere to that effect.
Your links hold no value. Truth is not what you want to project.

No one is denying that there is a potential issue in Xinjiang. My point was that Indians want to centralize that issue rather than, say, Tibetan terrorism.
Where do you see Indians doing anything? As per the news, Chinese folks have approached Indian govt about Talibanis not the other way around.

It is entirely uncalled-for to have 13 pages and counting over an unsubstantiated report by the Times of India. For all I know, TOI isn't exactly known for its journalistic accuracy. Lets' wait for some corroboration before we start to comment. There have been attempts by the Indian as well as the Western media to drive a wedge between China and Pakistan over the so-called Uighur connection. All we know is that certain extremist elements in Pakistan have connection to Uighur secessionists in Xinjiang. HOWEVER this has nothing to do with either the people or government of Pakistani. If anything, Pakistan is the biggest victim of terrorism. The stats that I have seen say that some 40000 Pakistanis lost their lives in the last ten years.

If you skipped through the news in OP then let me tell you the article is about Afghanistan not Pakistan and the effort being made is to join hands against Taliban not Pakistan.

If you skipped through the news in OP then let me tell you the article is about Afghanistan not Pakistan and the effort being made is to join hands against Taliban not Pakistan.

So far it's a single-source story. It may or may not be true. I would like to see a more reputable source than TOI. As for Indian news outlets, the Hindu appears generally more accurate.

Unlike Pakistanis, Indians and Chinese are always ready to set aside border dispute for other co-operations. Pakistanis have habit of bringing Kashmir everywhere.

Here is the report from website of Chinese embassy.
China, Russia and India Hold a Meeting on the Afghan Issue

On February 20, 2013, the senior security representatives of China, Russia and India held a meeting on the Afghan issue. As a representative of State Councilor Dai Bingguo, Chinese Vice Foreign Minister Cheng Guoping attended the meeting with Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolai Patrushev and Indian National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon.

The three parties exchanged views on the current situation in Afghanistan and the region as well as the future situation in Afghanistan and the region after the foreign troops withdraw from Afghanistan. The three parties agreed that the development of the future situation in Afghanistan is closely related to the security and stability of the region. As close neighbors of Afghanistan, the three parties are willing to work together with countries in the region and the international community to support Afghanistan's peaceful reconstruction and reconciliation process and maintain the peace, stability and development of Afghanistan and the region.

Here is the report from website of Chinese embassy.
China, Russia and India Hold a Meeting on the Afghan Issue

On February 20, 2013, the senior security representatives of China, Russia and India held a meeting on the Afghan issue. As a representative of State Councilor Dai Bingguo, Chinese Vice Foreign Minister Cheng Guoping attended the meeting with Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolai Patrushev and Indian National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon.

The three parties exchanged views on the current situation in Afghanistan and the region as well as the future situation in Afghanistan and the region after the foreign troops withdraw from Afghanistan. The three parties agreed that the development of the future situation in Afghanistan is closely related to the security and stability of the region. As close neighbors of Afghanistan, the three parties are willing to work together with countries in the region and the international community to support Afghanistan's peaceful reconstruction and reconciliation process and maintain the peace, stability and development of Afghanistan and the region.

There seems to be some truth to this Ind-Rus-Chn collaboration on Afghanistan, Pakistan has traditionally been a western proxy in the region, plus it has its own agenda in Afghanistan which does not match with anyone else's requirements in the region...so definitely quite interesting to watch.

Why are people crying about Chinese Dragon?

Wtf happened?

What?

There seems to be some truth to this Ind-Rus-Chn collaboration on Afghanistan, Pakistan has traditionally been a western proxy in the region, plus it has its own agenda in Afghanistan which does not match with anyone else's requirements in the region...so definitely quite interesting to watch.

Because ETIM has links with Taliban and Al Qaida. Americans arrested many Uyghurs in Afghanistan and took them to Guantanamo bay which alarmed China about spillover of Afghanistan's extremism into Xinjiang.

A small indo-chinese-russian meeting regarding a future of afganistan can create so much of fuzzz??????? I could see a jealous girl friend...

@Developereo What Tibetan terrorism ? The monks kill themselves in protest, not kill any other person. Whereas these terrorists in Xinjiang kill people. And possibly will kill more if things go out of hand.

How can you call Tibetan protest as terrorism ?

Ask anyone, which one is bad ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom