What's new

'Beijing-Dhaka ties will be substantially damaged if Bangladesh joins Quad'

okay, but you cannot do an india where you try to ride two boats at once. sooner or later you have to choose sides. the side you choose regardless will bring you under scrutiny. the examples of Syria and Libya are a good example of nations getting run down. you guys are sadly now become centrestage.

the bigger picture is that you need to protect your self and with a neighbour like india whose leash is now firmly in american hand!!

You are right about that. At some point we will have to make a choice, all BD govts have been buying time as much as possible until its clear which way the wind is blowing!

You are right about that. At some point we will have to make a choice, all BD govts have been buying time as much as possible until its clear which way the wind is blowing!
I live in Britain and many people say that we are under american thumb and sadly such is the case! brexit happened because of it as an hint. so where ever you fall you will need to be ready for thee choice you make.

well, you tried.
Too much. Well let them play. If you are not carefull, you may become my deputy.

If they can get an official apology from the chinese ambasador, i will eat my words.

Their minister is parroting around about the chinese ambassador's comment like a headless chicken in damage control mode . While the ambassador does not give a single ****. Shows really, who actually is sorry and who did the damage where.

Some BD members here are extremely intellegent. They understand the gravity of the situation. BD now faces.

Most are smoking whatever hash the awami league provides. And living in LALA land.

Last edited:
Too much. Well let them play. If you are not carefull, you may become my deputy.

If they can get an official apology from the chinese ambasador, i will eat my words.

Their minister is parroting around about the chinese ambassador's comment like a headless chicken in damage control mode . While the ambassador does not give a single ****. Shows really, who actually is sorry and who did the damage where.

Some BD members here are extremely intellegent. They understand the gravity of the situation. BD now faces.

Most are smoking whatever hash the awami league provides. And living in LALA land.
what you described is indecisiveness. they are brainstorming what to do. my best wishes because the two sides are NOT going to wait forever and playing middle of the road is the absolutely worst choice.

No one in bd is loosing sleep over jamat other than indians and the awami league.

Get over it. The world does not revolve around jamat and pakistan.

I don't have time to deal with bhakt bed-wetters in Ramzan. Thanks. :-)

What is it with bhakts and their never-ending paranoia about Bangladesh turning Jamati ?? :lol:

More like...
iu

I am talking about the whole exchange including Momen's rebuttal. Momen did what any FM worth his salt should do.
Given how the West is ganging up against China, they would want to protect long standing friendships at any cost. The Chinese will make amends for this stupid remark. Just watch.

Well done buddy, while some of our well-wishers were fearful of repercussions for BD, you called this one correctly:

"Chinese Ambassador Li Jiming explained his recent remarks on Wednesday to Bangladesh Foreign Secretary Masud Bin Momen when they met at the state guest house Padma after the vaccine handover ceremony.

“He said he did not mean to harm ties between the two countries”, the foreign secretary told The FE after the meeting.

The Chinese ambassador also termed his remarks as ‘out of context’, Mr Masud said."

Well done buddy, while some of our well-wishers were fearful of repercussions for BD, you called this one correctly:

"Chinese Ambassador Li Jiming explained his recent remarks on Wednesday to Bangladesh Foreign Secretary Masud Bin Momen when they met at the state guest house Padma after the vaccine handover ceremony.

“He said he did not mean to harm ties between the two countries”, the foreign secretary told The FE after the meeting.

The Chinese ambassador also termed his remarks as ‘out of context’, Mr Masud said."

Guys I see this in another angle.

Maybe he is sick of Dhaka and wants a transfer back home...:p:

Damage already done....
Bangladesh foreign ministry handled issue professionally..
Damage to ties with Bangladesh was not the goal here but show off of Chinese influence

Currently China is a global international pariah for the Covid crisis and the Chinese "wolf eating warrior" diplomat was looking for a quick self goal

The CCP diplomat knew Bangladesh would not entertain joining QUAD and warned them against it . The goal being to take for credit for Bangladesh's independent choice of not joining QUAD in the future

These diplomatic gaffes are not new to CCP
Classic Mao mouth cannon tactics when its comes to diplomacy

Back in the day, Mao was insecure to Soviet influence during Suez crisis

Mao threatened the British that he would take over Hong Kong, if the British don't hasten the withdrawal

Brits already saw Chinese as bunch of opium guzzling degenerates
and threatened nuclear retaliation

UK pondered China nuclear attack

After British threat, Mao's mouth disappeared faster than Chinese self -worth during Japanese occupation of Nanking

Don't be surprised if there some Chinese warnings tomorrow for India not to join NATO or five eyes and bunch of wumaos celebrating India did not join NATO because of Chinese warnings

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom