What's new

Beef banned in Maharashtra, 5 yrs jail, Rs 10,000 fine for possession or sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completly wrong.

Religion is all about free will, thats the essence not by the rules stipulated by Mullah wannabees.
if religion is about free will then what is importance of Geeta, vedas, upnishads ,Kuran , Bible?

if religion is about free will then what is importance of Geeta, vedas, upnishads ,Kuran , Bible?

I am talking about Hinduism only.

hindusim.JPG

Lets agree you dont agree to the above statements as you have already ridiculed everything it says.

I believe in the above statements and about freedom of will....

I am talking about Hinduism only.

hindusim-jpg.199660

Lets agree you dont agree to the above statements as you have already ridiculed everything it says.

I believe in the above statements and about freedom of will....
i have not ridiculed anything. i believe in Geeta,vedas and not on some random article from Internet. In my religion cow is considered as mother and its prohibited to eat cow meat. and I will follow it. i am not going to make my own version of religion. I am going to follow which is passed down to me by my forefathers. you can have your own version but stop calling yourself Hindu after eating cow meat.

i have not ridiculed anything. i believe in Geeta,vedas and not on some random article from Internet. In my religion cow is considered as mother and its prohibited to eat cow meat. and I will follow it. i am not going to make my own version of religion. I am going to follow which is passed down to me by my forefathers. you can have your own version but stop calling yourself Hindu after eating cow meat.
Not really. Hindus have done much worse and remained Hindu. One may not remain as Pavitra after consuming, say cow or God forbid - human meat. Besides cow meat is forbidden in many Dharmic texts but there is no law for excommunication from the faith/s.

Also remember that being 'pure' is a spiritual construct. A butcher in the physical realm can be more Pavitra than a crooked saint. :)

With the proper understanding and teaching of Dharmic values we can imbibe our future generation with the message of peace and coexistence. Once one reaches the state of Buddha, such desires of abstaining from meat etc will automatically disappear. - Not my words, these are from Swami Vivekananda.

On the other hand, I support this move. This ban is a good step. But that's because I am a cow.

So you are still not capable on having a conversation based on what i wrote and still clinging on "you are not a hindu" because I dont follow the rules thing.

Do you know what is the english term for it?

Its called blasphemy. which is translated as " something said or done that is disrespectful to God or to something holy"

Ofcourse , in recent history , ever since the radicalised version s started appearing, has taken away a believer's right to be the questioner, the free thinker, the reformer, the iconoclast.

Arjuna questioned krishna, hence we got gita.

I believe in a single god, or ‘the single truth’ and hence your concept of ‘blasphemy’ are hardly central to me.

Bans, diktats, insisting on a single interpretation and a single holy book are profoundly at odds with the dizzyingly varied Hindu inheritance, shaped crucially by individual choice.
The atma chooses his brahma and is therefore invincible. The individual shapes his religious universe, an unprecedented religious freedom that has made sanatana dharma unconquerable.

For me the essence of Hinduism is that it has no essence. What defines Hinduism is its polycentricity, multiple centres of belief and practice…. Hinduism is a banyan tree… under which a great diversity of thought and action is sustained.

Hence your cheerleading jobs from what you acquired from internet or surroundings on the conduct of how i practise my religion hold no importance. I believe the age has come when for the first time in sanatana dharma a few people have started using "blasphemy" as a tool to declare and give certificates for who Hindu is and who is not.

Brilliant!

Not really. Hindus have done much worse and remained Hindu. One may not remain as Pavitra after consuming, say cow or God forbid - human meat. Besides cow meat is forbidden in many Dharmic texts but there is no law for excommunication from the faith/s.

Also remember that being 'pure' is a spiritual construct. A butcher in the physical realm can be more Pavitra than a crooked saint. :)
you are getting me wrong. i am not concern about being Pavitra or not. I want my people to respect our religion. If we dont respect our beliefs what are we going to teach our future generations??? and is it so difficult or impossible to avoid eating cow meat??? there are many alternatives to cow meat so why eat cow meat? what is reason to ignore religious texts???
@SpArK is cow meat so delicious that you cant avoid it?? or you will become Hindutvawadi if you dont eat cow meat? to whom you are trying to please by showing your free will???

you are getting me wrong. i am not concern about being Pavitra or not. I want my people to respect our religion. If we dont respect our beliefs what are we going to teach our future generations??? and is it so difficult or impossible to avoid eating cow meat??? there are many alternatives to cow meat so why eat cow meat? what is reason to ignore religious texts???
@SpArK is cow meat so delicious that you cant avoid it?? or you will become Hindutvawadi if you dont eat cow meat? to whom you are trying to please by showing your free will???

For me, a set of man made rules is not what determines my relation with god .

I dont think my god will accept only people who have certain food habits and reject others , for example the rest of the citizens of the other countries which are like 280+ and only love some Indians who strictly follow rules which includes some of them you said was essential.

For me, a set of man made rules is not what determines my relation with god .

I dont think my god will accept only people who have certain food habits and reject others , for example the rest of the citizens of the other countries which are like 280+ and only love some Indians who strictly follow rules which includes some of them you said was essential.
i didnt question your relation with your god. nor i said god will not accept others. dont twist argument. i will repeat my question.
is cow meat so delicious that you cant avoid it?? or you will become Hindutvawadi if you dont eat cow meat? to whom you are trying to please by showing your free will???

i didnt question your relation with your god. nor i said god will not accept others. dont twist argument. i will repeat my question.
is cow meat so delicious that you cant avoid it?? or you will become Hindutvawadi if you dont eat cow meat? to whom you are trying to please by showing your free will???

Yes, its delicious... edible as it was meant to be.
I dont become anybody nor does i intend to, i am being myself.
Im pleasing only myself.

Yes, its delicious... edible as it was meant to be.
I dont become anybody nor does i intend to, i am being myself.
Im pleasing only myself.
there you go Mr. wannabe liberal. you are nothing but self pleasing and self caring person. you have nothing more important than your personal comfort. you dont care about your religion and your people. you only care for your delicious cow meat. you dont care if it hurts beliefs of your people.
so there is no point arguing with you. best of luck with your free will.

there you go Mr. wannabe liberal. you are nothing but self pleasing and self caring person. you have nothing more important than your personal comfort. you dont care about your religion and your people. you only care for your delicious cow meat. you dont care if it hurts beliefs of your people.
so there is no point arguing with you. best of luck with your free will.

LOL.... U first tag me not as Hindu and now as wannabe liberal ..

Do you know the majority of cows u see around are nowadays artificially inseminated, meaning the bulls are not fcuking the cows anymore but the creation is now man made....

How holy is that now? In that scenario is man playing the creator?
Doesnt that hurt your belief?

LOL.... U first tag me not as Hindu and now as wannabe liberal ..

Do you know the majority of cows u see around are nowadays artificially inseminated, meaning the bulls are not fcuking the cows anymore but the creation is now man made....

How holy is that now? In that scenario is man playing the creator?
Doesnt that hurt your belief?
I did not tag you. i called everyone who eats cow meat as not Hindu.
rest is not topic of discussion.

No, but there is excommunication from one's caste and society. Which is pretty much the same thing. Where do you think Dalits came from ?

No, it also has a physical connotation. A Butcher is certainly not more Pavitra than a crooked saint, unless that crooked saint is a demon in disguise a.k.a Ravan.

With the proper understanding and teaching of Dharmic values we can imbibe our future generation with the message of peace and coexistence. Once one reaches the state of Buddha, such desires of abstaining from meat etc will automatically disappear. - Not my words, these are from Swami Vivekananda.

Sadly there are reports of Buddha having eaten meat. So this is a logically fallacy.

On the other hand, I support this move. This ban is a good step. But that's because I am a cow.

Finally something I agree with.

Ravan was a Brahmin and a King and a Hindu, just a really BAD one. A Asura.

Thats my point too...

You are nobody to certify who is what.

There are thousands of guidelines which are spoken and taught in lots of our religious text books.

Are you following each and every one of it?

If not ....you are not Hindu...

Your hindu version requires a person to follow certain rules. Mine does not.
My religion taught me about having a clear mind and do things which i feel are right in my conscience and didnt impose stuff to follow to be a real "Hindu".

The reactionary self righteous, protective sheath worn by the nationalists will do more than harm to the faith..

You didnt answer my question about the artificial births..

okay one more question,

how holy is a cross by a bison and a domestic cow? Half holy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom