What's new

Beef banned in Maharashtra, 5 yrs jail, Rs 10,000 fine for possession or sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN UAE which is a Muslim country you see pork being sold like this

10408606_451041521743266_791291808183074235_n.jpg

India which is the largest democracy shouldn't have banned some food for a religious reason. ban is justified when the food is very bad for public health or some other good reason.For example if a Jain chief minister decides to ban Onion bcoz their community consider it as a very bad thing how weird will that sound and why should the government care on what is in others plate? dont they have enough problem in Maharashtra to concentrate on?

does saudi arabia allow the sale of pork too ??

This is what happens when the world quite eating beef. :coffee:

Study: Going vegetarian can cut your food carbon footprint in half - Vox

A scenario assumes that, by mid-century, the average person in the world will be eating 2,330 calories per day, including 220 calories of meat. It also assumes we'll be eating more beef — that is, about 25 percent of the world's meat will come from ruminants like cows, up from 22 percent today.

But what if we tweaked those assumptions? I told the calculator to assume that in 2050, the average person was only consuming 152 calories of meat per day — which is the WHO's target for a healthy diet. I also assumed that the mix of meat stayed similar to what it was today: less beef, more chicken and pork.

The result? Global greenhouse-gas emissions dropped significantly. The calculator said the world was now on pace for around 2.5°C of global warming by 2100, give or take:

Screen_Shot_2015-02-06_at_12.35.52_PM.0.png

Take IEAs 4DS scenario, and assume that people eat less meat (beef in particular). The world is now on pace for between 1.1°C and 3.8°C of warming. (Global Calculator)

We still haven't solved the climate problem. But we're getting closer. And that wasn't even asking everyone to become a vegetarian. Just eat less beef and stick to health guidelines for meat eating.

Why are you clutching at straws? Soil erosion is caused by DEFORESTATION not afforestation. Cattle don't need cultivated crops as humans do, and without deforestation we have abundance of non-cultivated plants for cattle... Mate are you replying me just to have the last word?

Common man you don't even know the basics....

water requirements for Beef production

Meat production requires a much higher amount of water than vegetables. IME state that to produce 1kg of meat requires between 5,000 and 20,000 litres of water whereas to produce 1kg of wheat requires between 500 and 4,000 litres of water.

The table below shows typical values for the volume of water required to produce common foodstuffs. Chocolate tops the list with 17,196 litres of water need to produce 1kg of the product. Beef, sheep and pork meat all require high volumes of water for production also. Tea, beer and wine use the least according to the list. Compared to the production of meat, vegetable foodstuffs require considerably less water - 1kg of potatoes for example uses 287 litres of water.

How much water is needed to produce food and how much do we waste? | News | The Guardian

We finally banned Cow Slaughter. Hope there won't be any shortage of GouMutra & Gobar for our bhakts in Maharashtra from now.

We finally banned Cow Slaughter. Hope there won't be any shortage of GouMutra & Gobar for our bhakts in Maharashtra from now.

There won't be any shortage of water too in your tap if you are in Maharashtra

Meat production requires a much higher amount of water than vegetables. IME state that to produce 1kg of meat requires between 5,000 and 20,000 litres of water whereas to produce 1kg of wheat requires between 500 and 4,000 litres of water.

I am aware. I suggest everybody make it a point to ignore his posts and comments.
We will create on more hopefully in Indian defence thread and we will discuss how should we proceed with our foreign policy with them :), strictly within the laws of this forum.

how about we discuss how to eradicate poverty and social discrimination etc in india?

how about we discuss how to eradicate poverty and social discrimination etc in india?

who is stopping u to discuss those topics ?? the ques is why do u have a problem with the mention of word hindus/ hinduism ? If u r so interested in discussing abt eradication of poverty, why do u open thread every other day on anti india topics and tag every indophobic and anti hindu people in those thread ??

yeah deforestation, but according to you if we plant crops, it will cause soil erosion LOL that's why I said Afforestation.

I think you never went to any village. The chara, required to feed cattle comes in 100 of kgs, from Dhan and Wheat, bajra(rice and millet straw).
If More cattle is slaughtered that means more are raised as per the demand and hence you need more Pasture lands, And THAT causes soil erosion. I think you havent studied about Animal Husbandry. Well study it, or have practical experience like me in maintaining it. :)
Common dude you can't be for real? Of course, Crop cultivation does cause soil erosion as simple as that... Please go through the following excerpt of an article

" Increased demand for agriculture commodities generates incentives to convert forests and grasslands to farm fields and pastures. The transition to agriculture from natural vegetation often cannot hold onto the soil and many of these plants, such as coffee, cotton, palm oil, soybean and wheat, can actually increase soil erosion beyond the soil’s ability to maintain itself."

Source: Soil Erosion and Degradation | Threats | WWF

So you think Cattle survives on Dhan, wheat, Bajra chara? They are fed because that is effortless and easily available. In its absence it would eat grass which it anyways does something known as grazing in grasslands and forests.... You don't need to know Animal husbandry for this but General Knowledge which I hope you do posses but in your quest to have the last word, you are making yourself look plain stupid...

Common dude you can't be for real? Of course, Crop cultivation does cause soil erosion as simple as that... Please go through the following excerpt of an article

" Increased demand for agriculture commodities generates incentives to convert forests and grasslands to farm fields and pastures. The transition to agriculture from natural vegetation often cannot hold onto the soil and many of these plants, such as coffee, cotton, palm oil, soybean and wheat, can actually increase soil erosion beyond the soil’s ability to maintain itself."

Source: Soil Erosion and Degradation | Threats | WWF

So you think Cattle survives on Dhan, wheat, Bajra chara? They are fed because that is effortless and easily available. In its absence it would eat grass which it anyways does something known as grazing in grasslands and forests.... You don't need to know Animal husbandry for this but General Knowledge which I hope you do posses but in your quest to have the last word, you are making yourself look plain stupid...

Even if you ask for beef, cattle will be raised. In that case they won't need diet? LOL :omghaha:

But Meat industry requires more water than farming, so farming is less hazardous :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom