What's new

Beautifull and most sacred Chruches in india

yeah..its in the far opposite side of INOX LIDO mall,halasur..
actually i am in attibele(kar-TN border)..Bangalore alli istu churches ide anta vishaya gothirlilla nanigu..torisadakke danyavaada.....church/temples/palace/ancient sites visit madodu thumba ishta..Bangalore alli roads/places bagge ashtu tiliyadu..
cubbon road-right side of high court????
dickenson road-frazer town??

I love old churches and temples. India that way is blessed with so many spectacular architectures.

Cubbon road runs parallel to MG Road. It is all cantonment area established by the British hence so many old churches there. Dickenson Road links up MG road and Cubbon road. There are many many more churches, it is hard to find pictures of them though.

Here is one Marthoma Chruch on Prim Rose Road

1362107720Church.png

Captivity of Mangalorean Catholics at Seringapatam
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Captivity of Mangalorean Catholics at Seringapatam (1784–1799) was a 15-year imprisonment of Mangalorean Catholics and other Christians atSeringapatam in the Indian region of Canara by Tipu Sultan, the de facto ruler of the Kingdom of Mysore. Estimates of the number of captives range from 30,000 to 80,000 but the generally accepted figure is 60,000, as stated by Tipu in the Sultan-ul-Tawarikh. The captivity was the most disconsolate period in the community's history. Its cause is disputed, although most historians consider it happened for political rather than religious reasons, owing to the alliance between the Mangalorean Catholics and the British during the Second Anglo-Mysore War (1780–1784).

The Mangalorean Catholic community in Mangalore flourished during the regime of Tipu's father, Hyder Ali. Soon after Tipu inherited the territory in January 1784, he issued orders to seize the Christians in Canara, confiscate their estates, and deport them to Seringapatam. His orders were carried out on 24 February 1784. Twenty thousand Christians died during the journey from Mangalore to Seringapatam. During captivity they suffered extreme hardships, torture, death, and persecutions with many Christians forcibly converted to Islam. Their captivity led to a near disintegration of the community[1] and ended only when Tipu was killed by the British at the Battle of Seringapatam on 4 May 1799, during the Fourth Anglo-Mysore War. Of the 60,000–80,000 Christians taken captive, only 15,000–20,000 both made it out alive and retained their original faith. The episode had a deep impact on the Literature of Mangalorean Catholics.

On Tipu's orders, all estates and properties of the Christians were seized, and distributed among his soldiers. Churches and historical records were also destroyed. The seizures were so sudden that the Christians had no time to prepare for their departure or to dispose of what little property they possessed. The value of property confiscated is estimated by Fr. Angelus Francis Xavier Maffei, an Italian Jesuit, at Rs. 500,000.

Tipu then ordered the destruction of all 27 churches in Canara. According to oral tradition, the Idgah mosque in Mangalore was constructed with stones from the destroyed Milagres Church. Other Christian establishments that were spared were converted to storehouses, offices, or homes for wealthy Muslims. A popular fortification in Mangalore, the Sultan Battery, built in 1784 by Tipu Sultan to prevent English warships from entering the Gurupura river, was constructed with stones taken from destroyed churches. The bells from the demolished churches eventually found their way into a number of temples in the area. After being informed of the impending roundup by a friend in Tipu's government, Fr. Joachim Miranda disbanded St. Joseph's Seminary and sent the seminarians to Verapoly, from where some proceeded to Goa while some joined the Augustinian order.

I only said there are no historical proof for this thomas in kerala theory ,athengene mathathil kairi choriyal akum ?
There are nor any historical proofs how Jews came to Kerala...........But you can find Geek and Roman coins almost 2000 years old in various museums in Kerala..................
@Marxist vettu kala.............Let Kerala Christians be Happy with what they think is right...............

The Italian traveller Marco Polo recorded that there were considerable trading activities between the Red Sea and the Canara coast in the 13th century. It can be surmised that foreign Christian merchants were visiting the coastal towns of South Canara during that period for commerce; it is possible some Christian priests might have accompanied them for evangelistic work

some of the pics are from SL :) just saying
don't worriy...we consider Srilanka as a part of Kerala...

I only said there are no historical proof for this thomas in kerala theory ,athengene mathathil kairi choriyal akum ?
Sathyam paranjaal Deivamennoru saadanamundo?? pinnalle thomanum thommiyum...prapanjathe niyanthrikunna oru shakthi kaanumaayirikkum..pakshe athaaraanenullathaanu chodhiyam??

Last edited:
don't worriy...we consider Srilanka as a part of Kerala...

I know, I know every body wants a piece of it.. :p:

Well you might have a fight for it with those nut jobs in Madras though.. :lol:

I know, I know every body wants a piece of it.. :p:

Well you might have a fight for it with those nut jobs in Madras though.. :lol:
haha..I was just kidding..South Srilanka looks like Kerala,that what i meant..

I love old churches and temples. India that way is blessed with so many spectacular architectures.

Cubbon road runs parallel to MG Road. It is all cantonment area established by the British hence so many old churches there. Dickenson Road links up MG road and Cubbon road. There are many many more churches, it is hard to find pictures of them though.

Here is one Marthoma Chruch on Prim Rose Road

1362107720Church.png
Yeah..How come these much churches around Bangalore??British rule??...Christianity is very negligible among ethnic bangloreans(i mean kannadigas)..,Christians mostly i met here are either malayalis or Tamils ,,and few konkani/telegu speakers too..
Even in cochin city,which boasts a Christian majority has far less churches compared to Bangalore...

Yeah..How come these much churches around Bangalore??British rule??...Christianity is very negligible among ethnic bangloreans(i mean kannadigas)..,Christians mostly i met here are either malayalis or Tamils ,,and few konkani/telegu speakers too..
Even in cochin city,which boasts a Christian majority has far less churches compared to Bangalore...
iam a kannadiag my friend

You are right Bangalore has a huge Tamil and Malayali Christian population. Plus the evangelical activity was in huge overdrive here a couple of years ago. I do not see them so much now but they just put up a shack anywhere and everywhere with a cross and in a few years it becomes a full fledged church.

I am not so sure that Cochin has fewer Churches than Bangalore. A few years ago while passing through Trissur, all I could see was churches or grottos on every block/lane or what looked like these, don't know what they are called.

images

You are right Bangalore has a huge Tamil and Malayali Christian population. Plus the evangelical activity was in huge overdrive here a couple of years ago. I do not see them so much now but they just put up a shack anywhere and everywhere with a cross and in a few years it becomes a full fledged church.

I am not so sure that Cochin has fewer Churches than Bangalore. A few years ago while passing through Trissur, all I could see was churches or grottos on every block/lane or what looked like these, don't know what they are called.

images
its called 'kurishadi' in Malayalam..
yes,Cochin city got far less ancient churches than Bangalore..may be because unlike other Christian majority cities like kottayam and thrissur,majority of ethnic Cochin Christians are Latin...Latin Christians were converted very lately by Portuguese and British....but we can find a lot of ancient churches in other parts of the district,where Syrian Christians are in majority....

@Marxist entina mattil keiri chooriuntheu

How did JEWS settlement come in Mattancheri.................If Jews can come from Israel................Then why not Christianity..........Europeans cannot accept the fact that any part of world was Christian before them.............Christianity was there long back in Kerala,Middle east and North Africa(Ethopia etc) when Europeans were Barbarians
Like i said Christianity came to India 2000 years ago was debunked by european scholars.
It is just a fabrication of some zealous zealots like Devianayagam and Archbishop Arulappa as was described in the pages i posted this theory was contested and lost in Madras High court in 1975.
It is not about Europeans not being able to digesting the fact Christianity in any other part of the world but Fabrication of history by some theologians.
t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

t5.jpg

t6.jpg

t7.jpg

t8.jpg

There is more.Sorry for the long reply.

Last edited:
Like i said Christianity came to India 2000 years ago was debunked by european scholars.
It is just a fabrication of some zealous zealots like Devianayagam and Archbishop Arulappa as was described in the pages i posted this theory was contested and lost in Madras High court in 1975.
It is not about Europeans not being able to digesting the fact Christianity in any other part of the world but Fabrication of history by some theologians.View attachment 39864
View attachment 39866
View attachment 39867
View attachment 39868
View attachment 39869
View attachment 39870
View attachment 39871
View attachment 39872

There is more.Sorry for the long reply.

Wow. Why is it not surprising at all. The amount of hoaxes carried out by the church would put any satanists to shame.

Shashi Tharoor had once declared the Christianity had arrived in Kerala before Hinduism had.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom