What's new

B'desh steps up troops deployment on Myanmar border amid row

Following report in bangla revealed that india not only supplying Myanmar with arms and advise but also helped Myanmar creating this maritime dispute with Bangladesh. A classic indian tactics to devise wedge and isolate Bangladesh from China and South East Asia.

India actually instigated Myanmar for adopting a very similar (to its own) type of claim against Bangladesh maritime territory. Bangladesh naval officers who has been expert in this area and worked reviewing indian and Myanmar claim stated claims are similar in terms and even in language.
I have spoken to a retd maj Gen who closely involved in strategic matter also viewed same that india instigated Myanmar adopting their claim and even fueling this escalation with Bangladesh.

http://www.dailynayadiganta.com/fullnews.asp?News_ID=172988&sec=1

This has been my point from the start. I have been also advising the army that for every division sent to Burma another division must be raised to replace it for guarding our borders with India. I am concerned, however, that if Burma attacks BD then AL will invite Indian troops into BD as part of this plan.

Last edited:
Following report in bangla revealed that india not only supplying Myanmar with arms and advise but also helped Myanmar creating this maritime dispute with Bangladesh.

Couple of psychotic idiots peddling their meaningless and bigoted ware. But what is really amazing is not their retarded, fifth grade intellect, something which really has no place outside of a psychiatic's chamber and is a threat to all humanity if let loose in the streets but their sheer perseverence and untiring crusade of dishing out human excrement.

Myanmar threatens Bangladesh - Bangladesh accepts challenge - Self styled 'geostrategists and geopoliticians of great acumen' who cant spell their names correctly concoct fairy tales that wont even fool babies and get orgasms cursing india - Not one lousy word about China which has funded, armed, supported the Myanmarese and has been shielding them against International criticism for decades and establishing military and surveillance bases there - says volumes about you guys - This forum has a way of attracting the extremely bizzare and mentally challenged.

India has as much to do with the present 'crisis' as with the rings on Saturn. Yes India sells weapons to Myanmar and has substantial trade with that country. But Myanmar is not India's 'Baaper Chakor' (Dad's servant) that they will do our bidding. And believe me Bangladesh does not have anything that India covets. Maybe Myanmar wants something from you, maybe not but dont blame us every time you have a stomach upset.

Even BD has more proven gas than Burmese. They have only 7 Tcf proven reserve so far. The only difference is that Burmese sell all of it to feed its military.
BD's probable natural gas reserve is somewhere in between 13 trillion to 28 trillion cft. I do not have data for Burmeses reserve, but it may exceed 100 trillion cft, and most of this gas is located in Arakan (Rakhain), off-shore and on-shore, in many sdifferent fields. Rohingyas are the inhabitants of Arakan.

Last edited:
This has been my point from the start. I have been also advising the army that for every division sent to Burma another division must be raised to replace it for guarding our borders with India. I am concerned, however, that the if Burma attack BD then AL will invite Indian troops into BD as part of this plan.

We often look at news as black and white and lose sight of strategic and behind the scene game. This escalation is classic example of that. No matter which angle this escalation plays out indian hands, plan and gains are written all over it. Anyone telling otherwise is just having tunnel vision. As you mentioned possibility of inviting indian forces in Bangladesh soil is very real. And if you read the weekly Holiday analysis posted earlier, indians had been setting the trap for sending troops.

“Bangladesh turned into a theatre of covert war”
HOLIDAY > FRONT PAGE

Following report in bangla revealed that india not only supplying Myanmar with arms
Just like we supply to BD and other countries. Or just like Pakistan supplying arms to Burma. But we are not in same league as big arms traders like China and Russian , who are big time arms supplier to the junta.

Maybe you also forgot to mention that Pakistan regularly trains Burmese in use of Chinese tanks and aircrafts...... and suspected nuclear know how transfer to junta.
Weekly Blitz :: Most Influential Newspaper in Bangladesh
China-Pakistan Myanmar: The triangular relationship needs careful watch

Also The supply was for two reasons , first - To counter china's influence, Second - We needed help from them in flushing NE terrorist's from Burmese land.

and advise but also helped Myanmar creating this maritime dispute with Bangladesh. A classic indian tactics to devise wedge and isolate Bangladesh from China and South East Asia.
Says you? Let us know any Burmese source claiming this.

Bangladesh naval officers who has been expert in this area and worked reviewing indian and Myanmar claim stated claims are similar in terms and even in language.
In case this is not personal opinion/heresay , let us know the source.

Now first of all we won't get so many things with 10billion dollars.Frigates costs around 200-300 million alone.Besides you need to add weapons.
Besides when do you expect to get a delivery of all those,its going to take at least a few weeks on priority basis.
Third part is,our pilots are not accustomed to flying F-16.But some have flown it in past while training in US.But that's not enough experience for combat.We will need to hire mercenaries.

This time I think the situation should be handled diplomatically.And I think the situation has calmed a bit.So I don't think this time there will be a war.
I agree with Eastwatch sir,may be the Burmese are deploying troops permanently.May be for future conflict.
Defence weapons are always bought with credit after paying a percentage in down payment. A $2 billion down payment can buy $20 billion worth of arms, probably. Thing is our politicians distrust the military. They do not want to build a genie that can swallow them. I hope, the present crisis with Burma will create a postive effect on strengthen our military.

What worries me is the inner thinking of AL. I do not know what this AL govt is thinking, but it can easily manipulate the present crisis to boost Indian influence in our country. Or, on the contrary, it can boost its own image by allowing military purchases. I hope, this time at least, the AL govt will not backstab its own country. It should modernize the army and erase its own India-puppet image.

Defence weapons are always bought with credit after paying a percentage in down payment. A $2 billion down payment can buy $20 billion worth of arms, probably.
Main issue for you is, delivery of kind of weapons systems you are talking about , takes years.

Secondly, how much percentage increase in your defence budget are you talking about here?

Main issue for you is, delivery of kind of weapons systems you are talking about , takes years.

Secondly, how much percentage increase in your defence budget are you talking about here?

Well our defence budget is very limited. In the final year of last BNP government allocated a fund called Thuk Boraddo (something can be spent on anything) for its goon to buy votes is same as our 70% of the defence budget that year. So you know we waste a lot of money in our budget which could be easily used for good purpose like army. I could say we can double the defence budget only with the wastage money.

Maybe you also forgot to mention that Pakistan regularly trains Burmese in use of Chinese tanks and aircrafts...... and suspected nuclear know how transfer to junta.

I would like to add that,Pakistan also trained Myanmar army personnel on using 155mm howitzers.The Burmese come even to Bangladesh for training regularly,but we don't go there.

About Nukes,as far as I know its N Korea,not Pakistan.

Having said that,India supplying arms to Burma remains a matter of worry for us.

I hope, the present crisis with Burma will create a postive effect on strengthen our military.

I agree with you sir.
I think this was needed for us to wake up.It may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.But for that,the Govt. needs to think seriously about defence.If we follow the same old strategy,then within a few years time there will be an inevitable war.As Burma will look to take over its weak neighbour.Right now we are on par with them,but that will not last long.

I would like to add that,Pakistan also trained Myanmar army personnel on using 155mm howitzers.The Burmese come even to Bangladesh for training regularly,but we don't go there.

As is said, we are NOT major supplier for them, its chinese and Russian's. Secondly the supply was to counter China's influence and for joint operation in burmese territory. So it was not a Anti-BD stance but more of our east depth policy (Mrs.Zia was not exactly a friend ;) )

About Nukes,as far as I know its N Korea,not Pakistan.
2 Pak scientist did visit Burma. And Pak ships were on Burmese port's.

Having said that,India supplying arms to Burma remains a matter of worry for us.
In view of Pak/BD itself training Burmese, why should India be singled out? .

We had a U-Turn in 06 in our policy as far as Junta is concerned, but i guess north block has corrected that as of now.

In view of Pak/BD itself training Burmese, why should India be singled out? .

We had a U-Turn in 06 in our policy as far as Junta is concerned, but i guess north block has corrected that as of now.

Experiences in the past and mistrust which resulted,may be the reason why India is being magnified here.
Besides,Pakistan can not launch an invasion into BD,but India certainly can.So we will always be suspicious of Indian activities.

BTW there is a difference between training and supplying arms.

P.S. :
Stumper, can you give me any info on which tanks were given to Burmese?I am guessing its ex-Indian army T-72.

Another angle on this Burma aggression is that India might be trying to get a supply line through BD to its troops in Arunachal Pradesh in case of war with China. If AL invites India into BD to counter Burma then this objective will be finally achieved. This is certainly part of the India-Burma game plan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom