What's new

BD navy submarines are at Chittagong port

Suggest a name then. It seems odd because In India You dont see Bengali names given to ships

Hangor was the name of Pakistani Submarine once,which was quite good.

Atleast give something related to cities,river or something related to winning a battle.

How about BNS Ourbagni???Too mushy,but perfect.

Also,in India,ships are named after river,cities or some divine weapons or such.And words are taken from all the languages.

Atleast give something related to cities,river or something related to winning a battle.

Also,in India,ships are named after river,cities or some divine weapons or such.And words are taken from all the languages.

BNS Shotabdi and BNS Jugpot I say. Or BNS Khaialamu and BNS Chodailamu works too! xD

What's an "অর্বাগ্নি" ? :/

BNS Shushuk, BNS Vodor
-____-

Congratulations....but
Since, Bangladesh have no enemy, then why waste money on these toys? just to appease generals i guess?

Don't know about your country but we don't usually have generals in our navy.

Well, I don't understand the reason behind the dislike with the naming if one knows the meaning of these words... Nobojatra means "A new journey" and Joyjatra means "Journey to victory", I really found them quite fascinating...

Naming them as BNS Dhaka or BNS Chittagong would have been too boring...

ঔর্ব2, ঔর্বাগ্নি (p. 191) aurba2, aurbāgni a fire coming out from under water (esp. of a sea); a submarine fire.
কিন্তু ওইটা ইন্ডিয়ান নেভীর একটা সাবমেরিনের নাম। ওইযে বোম্বে পোর্টে যে “ঔর্বাগ্নি” হয়সিলো ওইটা :p:

Back
Top Bottom