What's new

Barelvi groups form alliance against Taliban

I am a woman, and I do niqab in Pakistan if for journalism reasons someone puts my pix to misuse with stupid heading....I would be damn mad!

The image is quite well known, being a symbol of the Lal Masjid Saga. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't go outside into the open in Pakistan and start raising a baton in the air.

All the more reason to be paranoid. :lol: What the government of saudi invest in India is different than what they usually invest in Pakistan. :confused:
relax kero...

With Nawab tinda in Pakistan...Saudi in India, it should be alright for now....until and unless someone tilts the balance....

The image is quite well known, being a symbol of the Lal Masjid Saga. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't go outside into the open in Pakistan and start raising a baton in the air.
You dont know me...I might just hit someone and blame hormonal frustration!

The real reason why Deobandi and Salafi denominatons are more prominent because these are politically active organizations. For example, deobandi madrissahs constitute around 50% of the total madrissahs in Pakistan. Salafi madrissahs have also grown at a very high rate thanks to Saudi funds. Let me create a list of religiious political and militant parties in Pakistan and their denomination
Political Parties
1-JUI (All groups)-Deubandi
2-JI-Deubandi
3- Sunni Ithead Council-Barelvi
4-Majlis e Wahadat ul Mislimim-Shia
5- Markazi Jameyat e Ahle Hadith-Salafi
6- Sunni Tehreek Barelvi
7- Difa e Pakistan Council (Deubandi+Salafi)
Militant Organizations
1-LeT/JuD (Salafi)
2-Jesh (Deubandi)
3-TTP (all fractions) Deubandi+Salafi mix
4- LeJ (Deubandi)
5- Jundullah (Deubandi??)
6- ASWJ/SSP (Deubandi)
7-SMP (Shia)

These idiots are giving sectarian angle to the problem of Taliban, till now Talibanisation is considered an ideology a phenomena ...... but what good one can expect from political mullahs ..... political gains, sectarian approach further division of society .....

for me Taliban and these jokers are same only difference is their approach ....

Last edited:
How come there are so much difference between Deobandi and Barelvies on the either side of the border?

How come there are so much difference between Deobandi and Barelvies on the either side of the border?
Barelvi sect developed in the region and I think it's more spiritual and lenient because of the peace-loving Sufis of India and Pakistan.
Deobandi? I don't know much about it, but the way Saudis support the ideology, I believe it's more of an imported ideology.

Barelvi sect developed in the region and I think it's more spiritual and lenient because of the peace-loving Sufis of India and Pakistan.
Deobandi? I don't know much about it, but the way Saudis support the ideology, I believe it's more of an imported ideology.
Deobandi (Urdu: دیو بندی‎,Bengali: দেওবন্দ,Hindi: देवबन्दी) is a term used for a revivalist movement in Sunni Islam (Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jama'ah) under the Hanafi School. It is centered primarily in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh and has recently spread to the United Kingdom and has a presence in South Africa. The name derives from Deoband, India, where the school Darul Uloom Deoband is situated. The movement was inspired by the spirit of scholar Shah Waliullah (1703–1762), while the foundation of Darul Uloom Deoband was laid on 30 May 1866

Nothing imported there....made and bred in S.Asia specifically India!

Last edited:
Deobandi (Urdu: دیو بندی‎,Bengali: দেওবন্দ,Hindi: देवबन्दी) is a term used for a revivalist movement in Sunni Islam (Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jama'ah) under the Hanafi School. It is centered primarily in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh and has recently spread to the United Kingdom and has a presence in South Africa. The name derives from Deoband, India, where the school Darul Uloom Deoband is situated. The movement was inspired by the spirit of scholar Shah Waliullah (1703–1762), while the foundation of Darul Uloom Deoband was laid on 30 May 1866

Nothing imported there....made and bred in S.Asia specifically India!

The movement developed as a reaction to British colonialism in India, which was believed by a group of prominent Indian scholars — consisting of Rashid Ahmad Gangohi, Muhammad Yaqub Nanautawi, Shah Rafi al-Din, Sayyid Muhammad Abid, Zulfiqar Ali, Fadhl al-Rahman Usmani and Muhammad Qasim Nanotvi — to be corrupting the Islamic religion. They therefore founded an Islamic seminary known as Darul Uloom Deoband.[5] From here the Islamic revivalist and anti-imperialist ideology of the Deobandis began to develop.[6] Gradually Darul Uloom Deoband became the second largest focal point of Islamic teachings and research after the Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt. Through organisations such as Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind and Tablighi Jamaat its ideology began to spread and the graduates of Darul Uloom Deoband from countries like Saudi Arabia, China and Malaysia opened up thousands of madrasas throughout South Asia, specifically in parts of Afghanistan and Pakistan.[7]

The Muslims who began the revivalist movement gained inspiration from the strict Arab schools of thought.

Barelvi (Urdu: بَریلوِی‎, Barēlwī, Urdu pronunciation: [bəreːlʋi]) is a term used for a movement of Sunni Islam originating in India with over 200 million followers. The name derives from the north Indiantown of Bareilly, the hometown of its founder and main leader Ahmed Raza Khan (1856–1921). Although Barelvi is the commonly used term in the media and academia, the followers of the movement often prefer to be known by the title of Ahle Sunnat wal Jama'at, a reference to their perception as forming an international majority movement. The movement is much influenced by Sufism and the traditional folk Islam practices of India, having formed as a reaction to the reformist attempts of the Deobandi movement

Excellent post my friend.......... let's open several dedicated threads on militant organizations (one on each) and their affiliations with various sects and political organizations/parties. (in seniors section of course!)

@Aeronaut
@Dillinger
@Armstrong
@jaibi

@WebMaster: If it's ok with you - should we do it? As this is one of the most pressing questions of our time. I know there will be lots of heat to bear, however, would serve as a good reference to others.

The real reason why Deobandi and Salafi denominatons are more prominent because these are politically active organizations. For example, deobandi madrissahs constitute around 50% of the total madrissahs in Pakistan. Salafi madrissahs have also grown at a very high rate thanks to Saudi funds. Let me create a list of religiious political and militant parties in Pakistan and their denomination
Political Parties
1-JUI (All groups)-Deubandi
2-JI-Deubandi
3- Sunni Ithead Council-Barelvi
4-Majlis e Wahadat ul Mislimim-Shia
5- Markazi Jameyat e Ahle Hadith-Salafi
6- Sunni Tehreek Barelvi
7- Difa e Pakistan Council (Deubandi+Salafi)
Militant Organizations
1-LeT/JuD (Salafi)
2-Jesh (Deubandi)
3-TTP (all fractions) Deubandi+Salafi mix
4- LeJ (Deubandi)
5- Jundullah (Deubandi??)
6- ASWJ/SSP (Deubandi)
7-SMP (Shia)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom