What's new

Bank of America wants to provide $ 50b to support BD's renewable energy sec

Hope BD doesnt fall for it..
An economy built on foreign lones is never a success story...

Lion giving vegetarian lecture to a lamb?

Pakistan has been borrowing and borrowing all their life as if there is no tomorrow.
And now we have to hear this from you?
Even China has borrowed. Which country does not, India included (who borrows)?

By the way from the article what I am getting the sense here that they will invest it gradually up to 2030 not all the money together if it really happens.

By the way from the article what I am getting the sense here that they will invest it gradually up to 2030 not all the money together if it really happens.

Money is always given in tranche and based on progress.
So, no chunk for BD.

That's given. There are many issues related to it. But its a huge amount to ask from a US based Bank. I would rather suggest to go for Chinese bank.

In 2011 net FDI in BD was 1.1 billion USD :shout: and in 2013 its going to be 50 billion USD...

what a jump pole vaulters :lol:

That's given. There are many issues related to it. But its a huge amount to ask from a US based Bank. I would rather suggest to go for Chinese bank.

It is not us who asked the money but it was proposed to Bangladesh by a high ranking US official. Definitely it has some weight but still a long way to go to make it a reality.

In 2011 net FDI in BD was 1.1 billion USD :shout: and in 2013 its going to be 50 billion USD...

what a jump pole vaulters :lol:

Read the article, understand it's meaning then come here for posting your nonsense. Why you always take these sort of ridiculous nick @Bombay_Dude??? Are you running out of nick after getting banned one after another time??

Last edited by a moderator:

It is not us who asked the money but it was proposed to Bangladesh by a high ranking US official. Definitely it has some weight but still a long way to go to make it a reality.
That's the real concern. Seems like a counter investment against China's investment in BD.

Bank of America has more knowledge then you typical Indian where they need to invest and where they dont. Before coming to such decision they have done much studies. Stick to the topic or go back to some other threads.

What is the collateral involved in this deal. I reckon BOA is not stupid to give this UNSECURED gargantuan loan of epic proportion to BD, a third word country. Frankly, to me its a shocker. This news came as a bolt from the blue for me.

If true, make haste while the sun shines!

Back
Top Bottom