What's new

Bangovax human trial officially approved

Amazing, Bangladesh is about to commercialize an mRNA vaccine probably the second in Asia after China. No idea how the Chinese phase 3 trials are going? Still early days I hope the trials are successful - strange name for a vaccine, BANGOVAX.
Its actually pronounced Bongo...its an ancient name for Bengal.
Vanga Kingdom

Amazing, Bangladesh is about to commercialize an mRNA vaccine probably the second in Asia after China. No idea how the Chinese phase 3 trials are going? Still early days I hope the trials are successful - strange name for a vaccine, BANGOVAX.
The name is actually based on bengali language. Historically the region is called Bango. So the name is according to this area. Vaccine of Bango, Bangovax. Bango is also interchangeable with bengal.

Last edited:
Name from bengali perspective is normal. However it sounds weird for non-bengali or english speaking audience.

strange name for a vaccine, BANGOVAX.
BANGOVAX: Bango is Bengal and VAX for Vaccine.
Name from bengali perspective is normal. However it sounds weird for non-bengali or english speaking audience.
Many words are weird but people get used to them eventually. Pfizer. Why it is not Fizer?

Ps : Bengali only atm. No English news link available yet.
very nice .

This is a great progress but isn't it a bit too late?

There are already so many vaccines out there, why would anyone take BongoVax? Also, if this comes online next year and COVID situation drastically improves by then, would there even be a need of this vaccine?

This Covid thing is FAR from over. Watch how there's another wave coming next winter around November/December. Whomever took a two-jab vaccine, will need another 'booster' jab in six more months (after the last one taken). Immunity is an ongoing thing, It did not stop with two jabs and this booster jab thing will be ongoing for a while.

Plus you've got gung ho non-vaccinated young people with "I will live forever" attitude. Too many of these idiots everywhere who are unwitting carriers and infecters. They will need jabs, as will toddlers and schoolchildren. The vaccine doses will be different though for kids and adolescents.

The problem with pandemics is not the availability or effectiveness of vaccines at this time, which is on the way to be resolved. Most vaccines are more or less effective on target populations. The problem is ignorant indisciplined people who do not want to obey directives. As always - in Bangladesh there is no substitute for sticks (danda) to make these morons behave. That will be our SOP which we need to strengthen, with no exception.

Which means we will need to have people carry written vaccine certificates and present it as a condition for employment as well as overseas travel.

Late but welcome news. C19 is here to stay and we will need boosters until it goes away.

Hopefully the trial will be successful. BD will probably need a 1Bn dosage over the next few years.

Its unacceptable that the BAL scums worked to prevent its success.

BAL goonda scums are fully compliant with whatever New Delhi Chanakya folks and cheater dhokeybaaj Indian Banyas tell them. They do not have a mind of their own. BAL scums may not be financial SLAVVVV but they are mental SLAVVVVs still, to this day. Started tradition of wearing "Uttariya" to meetings already, only thing left is wearing dhotis and lighting diyas at the start of the meetings.

They always look for and wait for cues from New Delhi. It's worse than a Mafia.

At least a Mafia is run by a cabal who run things on their own and make their own decisions. There is some backbone.

Last edited:
This Covid thing is FAR from over. Watch how there's another wave coming next winter around November/December. Whomever took a two-jab vaccine, will need another 'booster' jab in six more months (after the last one taken). Immunity is an ongoing thing, It did not stop with two jabs. Plus you've got gung ho non-vaccinated young people with "I will live forever" attitude. Too many of these idiots everywhere. They will need jabs, as will toddlers and schoolchildren. The vaccine doses will be different though for kids and adolescents.

BAL scums are fully compliant with whatever New Delhi Chanakya folks and cheater dhokeybaaj Indian Banyas tell them.

They always look for and wait for cues from New Delhi. It's worse than a Mafia.

At least a Mafia is run by a cabal who run things on their own and make their own decisions. There is some backbone.
Exactly. This is why I keep saying that Bongavax will get endless opportunities to exploit provided it proves to be effective. If Bongavax becomes commercially successful, watch how other pharmas scramble to create or licence-produce their own vaccines.

It could have been worse like BangoBondhu Vax !

Thank you for all the responses. Too many to quote though!

It is true that we got 160 million to vaccinate and a local vaccine will make life much easier, cost-wise and logistically. I mean full power to BongoVax. This will be a great achievement for us. Let's hope that the effectiveness is also high which will restore people's faith in the local vaccine.

But this should have received much more support from the government and came on much earlier. Better late than never, I guess.

It could have been worse like BangoBondhu Vax !

…I guess a name is just a name. did you know the Pfizer COVID vaccine is called Comirnaty?
You didn’t I’m sure, cause the name never stuck, Pfizer can get away with it since it’s a global brand. But BangoVax? Or Boom, United’s planned supersonic fleet…it’s just poor marketing for a new previously unheard of product.

60ba8c53e459cb0018a2c53a

…I guess a name is just a name. did you know the Pfizer COVID vaccine is called Comirnaty?
You didn’t I’m sure, cause the name never stuck, Pfizer can get away with it since it’s a global brand. But BangoVax? Or Boom, United’s planned supersonic fleet…it’s just poor marketing for a new previously unheard of product.

60ba8c53e459cb0018a2c53a

You have a pointy there, but the name for the supersonic plane makes some sense as this plane will create a sonic boom.,

Let us take a step back here.

There is no guarantee right now on the effectiveness of this vaccine. The German Curavac mRNA vaccine had only 47% effectiveness against infection and so missing the WHO's 50% floor.

This only shows how much BionTech/Pfizer and Moderna have achieved with their mRNA vaccines.

While we all hope that this vaccine succeeds when the results of the phase 3 human trials are annouced at the end of this year, there can be no complacency that it is a dead-cert to be successful.

PS - Remember that Sanofi's vaccine was also shown to not be effective in phase 1/2 trials and so vaccines can and do fail to hit minimum efficacy levels to be approved by the regulators.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom