What's new

Bangovax human trial officially approved

Even so, real experience in mRNA techniques is still a valuable outcome for Bangladesh even if the Bongo vaccine itself isn't as efficacious as Pfizer or Moderna. At least you will be ahead of the curve when the next pandemic hits.

That I can definitely 100% agree on. BD does have a decent generic drug manufacturing industry(supplies 98% of local need and still rising) and needs to move onto "proper" R&D in pharmaceuticals and this is a good and relevant place to start.

The tests so far on both human and animal cells have come out showing good efficacy against the virus and so at least so far so good.

Next stage would be the tests on real life monkeys(some may say unethical but who would want to volunteer as a human without animal tests first?) and then if that goes well we need to go to phase 1/2, phase 3 and if it passes both safety and efficacy in these stages, finally approval by regulator and then can be injected into populations for protection.

Last edited:
That I can definitely 100% agree on. BD does have a decent generic drug manufacturing industry(supplies 98% of local need and still rising) and needs to move onto "proper" R&D in pharmaceuticals and this is a good and relevant place to start.

The tests so far on both human and animal cells have come out showing good efficacy against the virus and so at least so far so good.

Next stage would be the tests on real life monkeys(some may say unethical but who would want to volunteer as a human without animal tests first?) and then if that goes well we need to go to phase 1/2, phase 3 and if it passes both safety and efficacy in these statges, finally approval by regulator and then can be injected into populations for protection.
What role WHO is supposed to play here?

What role WHO is supposed to play here?

As I understand WHO approval is only important if you want to sell the vaccines to other countries but not much need if the vaccine will only be used domestically.

If BD wants to sell this vaccine overseas, then it would need to do trials on different populations around the world and anyway it makes sense to test on different variants that are circulating at any one time, in order to see how the variants affect efficacy levels.

As I understand WHO approval is only important if you want to sell the vaccines to other countries but not much need if the vaccine will only be used domestically.

If BD wants to sell this vaccine overseas, then it would need to do trials on different populations around the world and anyway it makes sense to test on different variants that are circulating at any one time, in order to see how the variants affect efficacy levels.
In my opinion, a WHO approval should be sought after for local use also, because our people may not trust the Health Ministry's unilateral approval considering our lack of discipline and we are prone to corruption.

Our people may trust a vaccine more if certified by WHO.

If the vaccine makes it through trial my gut says BD gov will tell globe to get WHO approval...incase something goes wrong they can say hey the WHO approved it too...not our fault.

In my opinion, a WHO approval should be sought after for local use also, because our people may not trust the Health Ministry's unilateral approval considering our lack of discipline and we are prone to corruption.

Our people may trust a vaccine more if certified by WHO.
Agreed. Sooner or later we must get the certificate from WHO , if BAL govt literally don't want to be screwed up by it's own people.

In our California ( Bangladesh ; according to some ministers ) or Uganda ( Bangladesh ; according to anti govt people) , you just can't convince people to take Bangovax without the certification of WHO.

Even if Bangovax will be the best vaccine in the world ,still bengali will doubt it , because they don't believe in govt for right reason.

Last edited:
Amazing, Bangladesh is about to commercialize an mRNA vaccine probably the second in Asia after China. No idea how the Chinese phase 3 trials are going? Still early days I hope the trials are successful - strange name for a vaccine, BANGOVAX.
Would you prefer Bangavax?
Good news on vaccines either way

I used to get terrible allergies. Once I started wearing masks they all went away. COVID really woke me up to just how absolutely filthy the air is everywhere.

You are right. Too many pollutants (particulate or not) are floating around all the time.

Where I live (Southern California), they routinely give you reports on Air Quality (smoke, particulate components in the air) as well as pollen count which is high in the spring/summer (which causes most non-smoke allergies). You might want to track those, if available for your area. The Allergy medicine manufacturers will have that available too, if they are looking for more sales.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom